FedEx Freight | Watkins Name Change?

A good friend of mine from FXF HQ told me they'll be purschasing Watkins in June. They're really interested in the idea of having lease p & d drivers and would like to see how it works out with an opporitunity to grow. If this plan works out successfully, Fed Ex plans to trash all of their current drivers by 2010 or to force them into lease plans if they're interested in staying around. Wow, sucks for those guys!

What is this guy (BillyLo) from our boards talking about ?
I pulled this from Watkins .

Just don't see it

I just don't think that tis will ever happen. Look at the problems with turnover and law suits they are having now with Ground. Moral is low. Drivers are really unhappy. Always someone filing a suit against the company. :duh:

As Judge Judy would say . . . .
"Don't pi$$ on my leg and then try to tell me it's raining."

:bsanta:

Why would fedex want to buy Watkins? I don't see the need for it unless they plan on getting rid of all the ground drivers, and use Watkins to do grounds work. That would elimate the contractors, but the existing lawsuits would still be there. They could fit in easy enough, and do the same job as ground, making them company employees, which would pretty much blow the idea of making all P&D drivers contractors.

Guys, 15 years ago I started with FEDEX 65 70 hrs a week. I left this week hoping to make 44hrs. The Corp. has no loyalty to anyone and will do what is ever most profitable and best for them not you. I wish you a luck dealing with TRUE PURPLE POEPLE EATERS. I hope that guy was BSing for your sake.

The rumors about Watkins being bought by Fedex have been goin round forever.
When my husband worked for Watkins it was the never ending rumor..This rumor just gets bigger and bigger..
I personally dont think The Watkins family is interested in selling ....Then again what do the hell do I know anyway..I am just a truckers wife :)

I wish you a luck dealing with TRUE PURPLE POEPLE EATERS.
Did someone say "PURPLE PEOPLE EATER"?
ppe_ani1.gif

I have been with WML for 30 years and this is the first time I have ever heard the rumor that FED EX was going to buy Watkins. It was previously rumored (recently) tHat Watkins was going to be bought by DHL. That was a new one too. Matter of fact I can't remember ever hearing any rumors that Watkins was going to be bought by anyone.

flyin "w" innkeeper said:
I have been with WML for 30 years and this is the first time I have ever heard the rumor that FED EX was going to buy Watkins. It was previously rumored (recently) tHat Watkins was going to be bought by DHL. That was a new one too. Matter of fact I can't remember ever hearing any rumors that Watkins was going to be bought by anyone.
The big rumor 5 years ago that UPS was buying us out must not have made it out to Texus, but everyone around Lakeland was shopping for brown uniforms.

I think most all of us know somebody in HQ, and when was the last time they cut loose with any piece of information about anything thing more important then that we are going to change toilet paper brands? You have to remember FedEx is one of the most tight mouthed companies around when it comes to what it plans to do.
This is just someone trying to stir the pot, looks to me like the guys name should be Richard Cranium.

what i don't understand is why hasn't the watkins family come forward and either verified or denied these rumors... that being said, that tells me something is in the works...all i am getting out of our managers in dallas is that it's just a rumor...as for my thoughts on the matter, i'm tooooo damn old to be lookin for another "JOB", lol