FedEx Freight | We’re Back To Square 1

Must be the newer trucks but my R198xx Volvo pulls real good going up hills. UPS is usually screwing up traffic on 294. There going 55 and there’s a few of them in the middle and right lane when everyone’s trying to go 65+. I’ve learned to just sit back and watch the morons. I can see the 600+ mile runs but shorter runs it’s just easier to drop it back than battle the 64 mph trucks or the O/O’s that like to play games.

Got a Telya coming up 83 90% of FedEx
drivers And I’m talking freight not ground there a whole different issue anyway you guys jump in the left lane and it takes you miles you’ll do anything to get ahead of us by 10 feet 90% of the time we got a let you over because traffic is so bad that we don’t want people coming on the right shoulder making us have a problem you know and you think you saving 10 seconds what are you really doing think about it and this is not a shot at you personally this is just an observation I’ve never seen a company that is so determined to get around other LTL carriers I guess it must be the little man mentality
Why don't you just back out of the throttle?
Is that 10 seconds gonna kill you?

They are getting fired for things that FEDX invented themselves that aren’t even in the language at FMCSA or aren’t even laws anywhere! That’s the point Big R . FedEx comes up with these things that aren’t even based on reality or aren’t practical in the real world because they have people at the top that know NOTHING themselves about driving a truck or have zero experience in driving . Do you think it’s safe that it takes you 5 miles to pass a guy while everyone is slowly getting more and more angry behind you so they start passing you on the right or cutting you off , flipping you off , etc etc??? No it’s not safe . Now i know your gonna say then just back out of it and stay behind them because your a sheep for this place , but some of us have runs over 620 miles running through heavy traffic areas and we can’t be backing out of it all day . They have these programs in these trucks that have us set up for failure . It’s not safe for us to get out to pass someone and it takes forever then you hit a tiny hill and the truck drops to 63 mph because of the “droop setting” in the trucks then they lye to you and say it’s the engines and they can’t do anything about it . No it’s greed . At what point will safety be more important than money to this place? They don’t listen to ANYTHING we have to say about this equipment, so maybe it’s time to try something else
You could always bid a shorter run if you feel that you cannot handle the stress of the long run through all of that pesky traffic.
Also- do you know how big of a dumbass you look sitting in the left lane for miles and miles trying to pass someone you are going 0.1 mph faster than?
64 mph= 640 miles in 10 hours
65 mph= 650 miles in 10 hours
That’s about 9 minutes slower IF you were to follow that guy THE ENTIRE TRIP.

You could always bid a shorter run if you feel that you cannot handle the stress of the long run through all of that pesky traffic.
Also- do you know how big of a dumbass you look sitting in the left lane for miles and miles trying to pass someone you are going 0.1 mph faster than?

ok, former longtime FXFE employee here but I'll play.....

yesterday I was roughly 6 miles from the toll booth in the Granny lane doing 65 (company policy sez we can go 68 but not all trucks have been turned up). I see Freght come into hammer lane doing 65/66 with about 6 4 wheelers stuck behind him and growing and he knows full well we're going to have to stop in a few minutes but yet he insisted on passing me at all cost and for what prey tell for?? An ass move imo . Sorry, but if I come up on a 1/2 a second slower truck and I think I'm gonna impede traffic for quite a distance, I'll either back it down or pull over and have a good wee:stirthepot:

Periods brother...

you’re right my friend that’s what happens when you drink after working 55 hours be safe again just an observation well guilty of some €€€€
Why don't you just back out of the throttle?
Is that 10 seconds gonna kill you?
absolutely everybody should back off because FedEx freight is coming and And his exit is a half a mile away if you don’t get it you never will

you’re right my friend that’s what happens when you drink after working 55 hours be safe again just an observation well guilty of some €€€€

absolutely everybody should back off because FedEx freight is coming and And his exit is a half a mile away if you don’t get it you never will
Now your adding to the story.
"His exit is a half mile away"!
Truth is your truck is slower, you already know it when the driver comes along side.
Use some common sense and a little road courtesy and let the other guy get around.
Has it ever occurred to you the the real problem is your poor driving habits?

Now your adding to the story.
"His exit is a half mile away"!
Truth is your truck is slower, you already know it when the driver comes along side.
Use some common sense and a little road courtesy and let the other guy get around.
Has it ever occurred to you the the real problem is your poor driving habits?
Luck you’re messing the whole point if my truck to do 68 which we all can do and we’re doing 65 in a 55 like everybody else why do you have to do 66.3 miles 5 miles or whatever if you don’t understand you never well and after 22 years a slave driving you can’t tell me ::shit::

Luck you’re messing the whole point if my truck to do 68 which we all can do and we’re doing 65 in a 55 like everybody else why do you have to do 66.3 miles 5 miles or whatever if you don’t understand you never well and after 22 years a slave driving you can’t tell me :::shit:::
Just having fun with you my friend it’s a tough job for everybody don’t take it so personally

Must be the newer trucks but my R198xx Volvo pulls real good going up hills. UPS is usually screwing up traffic on 294. There going 55 and there’s a few of them in the middle and right lane when everyone’s trying to go 65+. I’ve learned to just sit back and watch the morons. I can see the 600+ mile runs but shorter runs it’s just easier to drop it back than battle the 64 mph trucks or the O/O’s that like to play games.
My truck is manually governed at 46, and I only pass people parked in the plazas.

Luck you’re messing the whole point if my truck to do 68 which we all can do and we’re doing 65 in a 55 like everybody else why do you have to do 66.3 miles 5 miles or whatever if you don’t understand you never well and after 22 years a slave driving you can’t tell me :::shit:::

So now your saying it's only in a 55 mph zone?
Look, if your on the road and your truck runs 68 and you don't care to, fine.
You obviously don't care about a few minutes either way.
If that's the case, back out and let the other guy by.
Pretty simple.
I remember when all I had was just 22 years.

My truck is manually governed at 46, and I only pass people parked in the plazas.

The old saying is (Speed Kills), you should live to be a ripe old age.
I don't see the big deal about a 600-mile run.
Mine was 782, it took me 26 hrs and an 8hr layover, much easier.

We all have to come together and figure out what is worth fighting for, without fighting about it.

FedEx stock is doing well and they're paying dividends. They're doing this by making cuts to our health benefits and keeping our raises under inflation. Every year, they take a little more and give a little less and then they go show these bogus profits to their investors. "Look at the growth this year compared to last year".

The way it's looking, what do you have to lose by trying a Union? The general consensus is that a lot of us are unhappy for one reason or another and by no fault of our own.

We all have to come together and figure out what is worth fighting for, without fighting about it.

FedEx stock is doing well and they're paying dividends. They're doing this by making cuts to our health benefits and keeping our raises under inflation. Every year, they take a little more and give a little less and then they go show these bogus profits to their investors. "Look at the growth this year compared to last year".

The way it's looking, what do you have to lose by trying a Union? The general consensus is that a lot of us are unhappy for one reason or another and by no fault of our own.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ well said

So now your saying it's only in a 55 mph zone?
Look, if your on the road and your truck runs 68 and you don't care to, fine.
You obviously don't care about a few minutes either way.
If that's the case, back out and let the other guy by.
Pretty simple.
I remember when all I had was just 22 years.
Like let’s put this to rest all I’m saying is you sound like a kid justifying any reason to defend a Fed ex driver who blocks traffic and you put my life at risk if you’re worried about me doing 65 in a 55YC trying to pass me at 66 in a 55 don’t be a dumb ass put it to rest and I could give a ::shit:: if you have 50 years