FedEx Freight | We’re Back To Square 1

Thankfully it will all be over soon
No, it won’t. Trump will get re-elected and then another 4 years of same thing. “Whatever it takes we gotta get him outta here!” Nonstop barrage of “he’s unfit or Russia collusion or another made up charge they can use to impeach. It only stops if Biden wins and then we are all losers.

No, it won’t. Trump will get re-elected and then another 4 years of same thing. “Whatever it takes we gotta get him outta here!” Nonstop barrage of “he’s unfit or Russia collusion or another made up charge they can use to impeach. It only stops if Biden wins and then we are all losers.
Lol. It will be over soon.

oUl8Qwu.jpg

Completely disagree. I have been here 10 years but I remember how bad the jobs I had before here were and that encompasses most of the trucking industry. I have little to complain about other than the thread I created a while back about short term. We had all better be careful about that. Headways ? I have never gotten a single one and there is no excuse for getting them. 150% on you. The governed trucks can be frustrating but it’s about saving money and I’m not sure I agree with the safety hazard. Again, this issue is completely on US the drivers as a whole out there. It should be common sense that when there are two governed trucks that speed trumps. If the asshat that is going 64.5 would back that cruise down for 10 seconds it would avert the problem. I am sure many of these asshats reside right in this company as 90% of the drivers I encounter do not do this. It makes us all and the industry as a whole look bad but I guess the days of drivers working together are a thing of the past. Anyway this is a pretty damn good place to work for the most part and I personally have no desire for a union.

Completely disagree. I have been here 10 years but I remember how bad the jobs I had before here were and that encompasses most of the trucking industry. I have little to complain about other than the thread I created a while back about short term. We had all better be careful about that. Headways ? I have never gotten a single one and there is no excuse for getting them. 150% on you. The governed trucks can be frustrating but it’s about saving money and I’m not sure I agree with the safety hazard. Again, this issue is completely on US the drivers as a whole out there. It should be common sense that when there are two governed trucks that speed trumps. If the asshat that is going 64.5 would back that cruise down for 10 seconds it would avert the problem. I am sure many of these asshats reside right in this company as 90% of the drivers I encounter do not do this. It makes us all and the industry as a whole look bad but I guess the days of drivers working together are a thing of the past. Anyway this is a pretty damn good place to work for the most part and I personally have no desire for a union.
First off let me congratulate you on being happy here!
A fellow driver of mine was talking to a bit of a newbie the other day about work.
We all work at the same center.
The newbie explained that this was by far the most money he had ever made.
Our other driver tried to explain that in about 10 years he would think differently as he would have wife, family and such.
As a whole we don't understand how much more there is for us here.
We don't try to get more and they aren't gonna volunteer to pay more.
If we could just stick together union or not we would do much better.
Another reason why they hire young or inexperienced drivers here...to keep the pay rate down.

First off let me congratulate you on being happy here!
A fellow driver of mine was talking to a bit of a newbie the other day about work.
We all work at the same center.
The newbie explained that this was by far the most money he had ever made.
Our other driver tried to explain that in about 10 years he would think differently as he would have wife, family and such.
As a whole we don't understand how much more there is for us here.
We don't try to get more and they aren't gonna volunteer to pay more.
If we could just stick together union or not we would do much better.
Another reason why they hire young or inexperienced drivers here...to keep the pay rate down.
Major problem with union or just sticking together is that everyone has a different idea to what the problem is. Is it pay for road drivers, insurance costs, or treatment from supervisors? I like the pitt-ohio model, a little less an hour but way better benefits, but you may not.

The Headway issue is a problem for sure. The beepers are even more annoying. At 25 mph going trough a major city and it’s beeping constantly. Dont give me a lecture to back off. In the city going 25 someone will always fill the gap.
Most that dont have a issue with the problem are either night drivers or geographically in areas its very controllable.
Before you roast me I have a award truck and 35 years Saftey out here and 0 headways. But I still see it as a distraction. If it doesn’t record a event under 55 then why the beepers under 55 mph

The Headway issue is a problem for sure. The beepers are even more annoying. At 25 mph going trough a major city and it’s beeping constantly. Dont give me a lecture to back off. In the city going 25 someone will always fill the gap.
Most that dont have a issue with the problem are either night drivers or geographically in areas its very controllable.
Before you roast me I have a award truck and 35 years Saftey out here and 0 headways. But I still see it as a distraction. If it doesn’t record a event under 55 then why the beepers under 55 mph

Congratulations on your exemplary record first off , second as a 25 year safe driver i feel they’ve made the equipment more unsafe with more distractions. But that’s what you get when you have people who have zero experience trucking design equipment and then enforce the rules of their terrible equipment. This is one of many reasons they’re gonna have push back soon

As far as the speed of the Trucks, lets not get on the trucks running side by side. Thats a issue we can argue all day. The issue of speed I see is 95% of your day there is someone beside you. Mostly a truck more than a car.
Most trucks only can pass about 5 mph faster. Time consuming. Problem leaves many dangerous situations I come across daily. Cop has someone pulled over. Your pinned to either slow drastically down if you can get over because the same truck passing you doesn’t care.
People coming off ramps that get up to there speed that you got over to let out has you stuck out in the left lane.
This was never a problem when it was 55 for everyone. Fuel cost isnt a issue even though they want you to think that. They buy it at contract prices.
68 mph isn’t asking for the moon