SAIA | We are under attack

I'm not going to mention any locations. One night, a long time ago, I was out of route and made a stop at a terminal that had an armed guard. I didn't know that the terminal had an armed guard until I saw his loaded holstered 357 lying on the table. I was there a good 10 minutes before the guard knew that I was on the dock. At another terminal,early early one morning, I opened the entry door to the dock and a piece of pipe fell on the concrete floor. I jumped a foot off the ground and then jumped again when an employee came out of the office with a pistol on his hip. The pipe was positioned to fall if the door was opened. Pretty effective warning system.

Merry Christmas to all

Hmmmm! GNC fired a driver because he had a gun in his pick up truck. Is it not a rule that you are not supposed to BRING firearms onto company property?

i always carry a gun and a bag of m&m's..............that way i can feed the snapping turtle's at that one yard..................or if i need to shoot someone,i'll have something to snack on waiting for the cop's

How and the world did anyone know he had a gun in his truck?? In Texas it has to be concealed!! Why would he let anyone search his truck?? I would never give anyone permission to snoop around my personal vehicle!!

How and the world did anyone know he had a gun in his truck?? In Texas it has to be concealed!! Why would he let anyone search his truck?? I would never give anyone permission to snoop around my personal vehicle!!

It was on the front seat, loaded and ready to go deer hunting when he got off work.

All I know is two drivers were arguing forever and ever. I mean for day maybe weeks it had been going on. There was never a threat mentioned involving said gun. One guy mentioned it is all I know. It's BS anyway...

I took it to mean the weapon already had ammunition loaded into it. Any time one travels it is best to keep the ammo and weapon separate.

Perhaps if one is going hunting directly after work it would be best to place the weapon out of direct sight so as not to give anybody any hint it was in the vehicle.

I took it to mean the weapon already had ammunition loaded into it. Any time one travels it is best to keep the ammo and weapon separate.

Perhaps if one is going hunting directly after work it would be best to place the weapon out of direct sight so as not to give anybody any hint it was in the vehicle.

When I go hunting I load to max capacity at the house!! Nothing like the power you feel driving around with fire power!! I never know when a critter crossing the road might escape my Goodyear’s!! If they don’t get tire tread across their backs they sure get some lead in the a$$

NO No No. It was in his personal pickup truck parked on the lot.

It was loaded, on the seat of his p/u like it had been for the past two hunting seasons. The only problem was he and another employee got into a argument about something and the rest is history. Words have been exchanged from, to, with, because of, employees in every job in every walk of life. But one employee decided to use every advantage to his advantage. Who's to say the man wouldn't crack and who's to say he would. He brought it, and got fired. I'm not saying he was right or wrong, he just got fired.

It was loaded, on the seat of his p/u like it had been for the past two hunting seasons. The only problem was he and another employee got into a argument about something and the rest is history. Words have been exchanged from, to, with, because of, employees in every job in every walk of life. But one employee decided to use every advantage to his advantage. Who's to say the man wouldn't crack and who's to say he would. He brought it, and got fired. I'm not saying he was right or wrong, he just got fired.

I remember when I started to work here you could walk in the break room in ATL or NOL and it was UNUSUAL to see any open breafcase that didn't have a loaded hand gun in it.
With our dark terminals, it was like you were expected to protect yourself. Back then I carried too. Not now.
If you do, keep it to yourself. I've heard of drivers turning each other in to get the other man fired over a bid.

I remember when I started to work here you could walk in the break room in ATL or NOL and it was UNUSUAL to see any open breafcase that didn't have a loaded hand gun in it.
With our dark terminals, it was like you were expected to protect yourself.
Ahhh!!! The good ole days!!!:1036316054:

With our dark terminals, it was like you were expected to protect yourself. Back then I carried too. Not now.
If you do, keep it to yourself. I've heard of drivers turning each other in to get the other man fired over a bid.

That's a lowlife right there. I would not even do that to someone I dislike. You are correct about our dark terminals....I remember the last time I went to CTN, we had an armed guard who would open the fence for you, watch the gate till you left, and then close it back.

Anyone ever notice that the trucking companies didn't say much about you having protection until the FEDS got involved? Hows that for:butt kiss: to keep the FEDS away. Then they have the nerve to try and force you to run like a outlaw. BECAUSE WHO GETS THE BLAME THEN??? And this is not directed at any one company either. I have never seen but one company that did not push the driver. He WANTED his drivers to stay and be happy. Then he retired and his sons took over. Oh well. Now you know the rest of the story.