Yellow | We the workers

fr8shkr

TB Lurker
Credits
It has been stated that the biggest debtors, (Apollo), will get paid first. Correct me if I'm wrong, aren't we, the employees, the biggest debtors?
Was there anything in our contract stating anything about restoring our wages eventually?
Possible snap-back clause if someone becomes majority owner? (People buying stock like crazy)
We have given the company 5 billion. Apollo, $1.2 billion?
We know we'll get pennies on the dollar when this is over. We have given Yellow more money than any lender plus government bailout.
Not being selfish, but could it be worth it filing this from an individual basis or class action?
Whatever happens, the WARN act ain't gonna do squat! Company will be penalized by paying us from what LITTLE they have left. Something needs to be done so Big Companies can't freakin do this anymore!!!
Courts need to know that the employees didn't cause the debt, didn't mismanage the money, and we were the MAIN contributors for its future success. Compensate us FIRST. Apollo just wrote a check.
I don't remember seeing them on the dock fighting for the security of their loan. Or dealing with customers deadlines for pick up and delivery, muscle aches and pains from humping freight, recovering from an on the job injury and traffic accidents.
I bet the loss time injury at Apollo is >0.
What say you?

Apollo sold off their stake. $YELL will be delisted I think today. Management already cashed in. Buyers have already come in to buy terminals. Maybe under The WARN act something might happen, but that's going to be a while. But this is a wrap.

Nasdaq sent out a notification that YELL stock will be delisted on 8-16-23. This will end trading for the stock.
Wrong. Delisting does not mean the stock can't be traded. Trading can continue for many years after bankruptcy/delisting.

It has been stated that the biggest debtors, (Apollo), will get paid first. Correct me if I'm wrong, aren't we, the employees, the biggest debtors?
Was there anything in our contract stating anything about restoring our wages eventually?
Possible snap-back clause if someone becomes majority owner? (People buying stock like crazy)
We have given the company 5 billion. Apollo, $1.2 billion?
We know we'll get pennies on the dollar when this is over. We have given Yellow more money than any lender plus government bailout.
Not being selfish, but could it be worth it filing this from an individual basis or class action?
Whatever happens, the WARN act ain't gonna do squat! Company will be penalized by paying us from what LITTLE they have left. Something needs to be done so Big Companies can't freakin do this anymore!!!
Courts need to know that the employees didn't cause the debt, didn't mismanage the money, and we were the MAIN contributors for its future success. Compensate us FIRST. Apollo just wrote a check.
I don't remember seeing them on the dock fighting for the security of their loan. Or dealing with customers deadlines for pick up and delivery, muscle aches and pains from humping freight, recovering from an on the job injury and traffic accidents.
I bet the loss time injury at Apollo is >0.
What say you?
Good point but I do believe there were vote to accept the wage reductions by the workers.
That may be an great issue to take up with the teamster leaders once they stop acting like tough guys...

How the vote went no one will ever know. What I do know is that, in not so many words, we were doing this for a return on our investment and we got nothing.
Question: If you kept giving your hard earned money to a company that was overseen by a third party who had NO SAY in where your money went towards, is it the third parties fault or the company? I dont remember hearing an appointed Teamster was signing checks for Yellow to spend.

Just how low were we willing to go to get a paycheck? For all the guys who said we should have made a deal How low would you have gone? IF you give back and just scrape by what were you going to do for retirement? Have you looked at the YRC pension schedule?

Just how low were we willing to go to get a paycheck? For all the guys who said we should have made a deal How low would you have gone? IF you give back and just scrape by what were you going to do for retirement? Have you looked at the YRC pension schedule?
People who felt that working at Yellow was acceptable stayed and those who didn't were free to leave for greener pastures. What's the problem with that? Nobody was chained to the job, nobody was forced to stay if they weren't happy.

People who felt that working at Yellow was acceptable stayed and those who didn't were free to leave for greener pastures. What's the problem with that? Nobody was chained to the job, nobody was forced to stay if they weren't happy.
Tri, I don't know just how "acceptable" it was. We must remember that this is a seniority-based operation. Not many people want to give up a lot of seniority to start over where the pasture may or may not be greener. I had one guy who left after 22 years because he thought the grass was greener at FedEx. He was back in a few months, telling us the grass looked greener because he had only seen their leach field.

Tri, I don't know just how "acceptable" it was. We must remember that this is a seniority-based operation. Not many people want to give up a lot of seniority to start over where the pasture may or may not be greener. I had one guy who left after 22 years because he thought the grass was greener at FedEx. He was back in a few months, telling us the grass looked greener because he had only seen their leach field.
The grass might be greener, but ya still have to mow it

I guess we could have another vote until we get it right deal.

Well, now that people have actually experienced them closing, I wonder how many would have voted to keep them going even with the concessions. Was the job really all that bad or did people feel that way because they were told it was "substandard?"
Quality of life was gone this is not the first time teamsters had to worry about health insurance with yellow. Every time they mess with benefits that are important to the families it makes it a less desirable job