Yellow | We the workers

He won??? What did he win? He's lost most of 22,000 members (the ones who don't get another Union-represented job) and he's probably going to get his socks sued off. What did he win?
Do you really think the IBT wants to continue to represent 21,999 work for less workers, NO!!!!!!

Please people, don’t go to ABF or T-Force and destroy those workers good job.

Do you really think the IBT wants to continue to represent 21,999 work for less workers, NO!!!!!!

What's representation you can't be talking 😡 about the ⛱️ teamsters union whaut played out in the media??? Never seen or watched anything like that in 38 yrs

What I think is that the IBT had no right to decide for 30,000 that what was being sent their way by Hawkins was within the authority of Sean O'Brien and John Murphy to stonewall and reject with no input from those 30,000 families, 22,000 of whom are Teamster workers' families.

It has been stated that the biggest debtors, (Apollo), will get paid first. Correct me if I'm wrong, aren't we, the employees, the biggest debtors?
Was there anything in our contract stating anything about restoring our wages eventually?
Possible snap-back clause if someone becomes majority owner? (People buying stock like crazy)
We have given the company 5 billion. Apollo, $1.2 billion?
We know we'll get pennies on the dollar when this is over. We have given Yellow more money than any lender plus government bailout.
Not being selfish, but could it be worth it filing this from an individual basis or class action?
Whatever happens, the WARN act ain't gonna do squat! Company will be penalized by paying us from what LITTLE they have left. Something needs to be done so Big Companies can't freakin do this anymore!!!
Courts need to know that the employees didn't cause the debt, didn't mismanage the money, and we were the MAIN contributors for its future success. Compensate us FIRST. Apollo just wrote a check.
I don't remember seeing them on the dock fighting for the security of their loan. Or dealing with customers deadlines for pick up and delivery, muscle aches and pains from humping freight, recovering from an on the job injury and traffic accidents.
I bet the loss time injury at Apollo is >0.
What say you?
What about pension obligation that will probably be a big obligation

What about pension obligation that will probably be a big obligation
You're probably right, and the trusts have entered into the bankruptcy cases in order to assert their claims. However, the Trusts are unsecured creditors. As a result, they will fall in the pecking order AFTER employee wages, after secured creditors and after legal fees and costs.

What I think is that the IBT had no right to decide for 30,000 that what was being sent their way by Hawkins was within the authority of Sean O'Brien and John Murphy to stonewall and reject with no input from those 30,000 families, 22,000 of whom are Teamster workers' families.
it’s really funny when I hear people say that. In the past, when I would ask to see all the contracts the company offered, the majority would vote yes on the first offer. I always wanted to see the next few offers. Go figure.

The bottom l
it’s really funny when I hear people say that. In the past, when I would ask to see all the contracts the company offered, the majority would vote yes on the first offer. I always wanted to see the next few offers. Go figure.
The bottom line is this; SOB still has his job. Senior management at Yellow were underpaid for their positions and will most likely find a job that pays at least want they earned at Yellow. 10,000+ Teamsters will never find equivalent employment. Those Teamsters never had a choice.

The bottom l

The bottom line is this; SOB still has his job. Senior management at Yellow were underpaid for their positions and will most likely find a job that pays at least want they earned at Yellow. 10,000+ Teamsters will never find equivalent employment. Those Teamsters never had a choic

Lol, your funny. Have you ever thought about doing stand-up?

The bottom l

The bottom line is this; SOB still has his job. Senior management at Yellow were underpaid for their positions and will most likely find a job that pays at least want they earned at Yellow. 10,000+ Teamsters will never find equivalent employment. Those Teamsters never had a choice.
Equivalent employment, how did you come up with that? Our wages were below industry standards, most people are saying they are making more and doing better since they’ve left Yellow.

Equivalent employment, how did you come up with that? Our wages were below industry standards, most people are saying they are making more and doing better since they’ve left Yellow.
Nonsense. Your total compensation far exceeded the "industry standard", whatever that means. 8,000 Teamsters at ABF don't set the standard for the two million drivers nationwide. Did you have a pension that cost you nothing? Did you have premium free healthcare? Will you find that at your next job?

Last edited:
"Most people?" 22,000 Teamsters out of a job at Yellow and you claim most are making more and doing better? I'm not so sure that's accurate. :idunno:

"Most people?" 22,000 Teamsters out of a job at Yellow and you claim most are making more and doing better? I'm not so sure that's accurate. :idunno:
So why did Yellow shut down, they couldn’t afford to keep up with wages (industry standard), they wanted work-for-less workers.

So why did Yellow shut down, they couldn’t afford to keep up with wages (industry standard), they wanted work-for-less workers.
What's this imaginary BS "standard" you keep mentioning? Do ABF and TForce drivers make the same as UPS? Where's the "standard", in someone's imagination? What about all the white paper agreements? Where's the "standard" there?

What's this imaginary BS "standard" you keep mentioning? Do ABF and TForce drivers make the same as UPS? Where's the "standard", in someone's imagination? What about all the white paper agreements? Where's the "standard" there?
Tri, I've told you and some others before. Would you PLEASE not confuse these people with facts???

You see, that's how competitive free markets work, Costs exceed revenue and companies go out of business.
BTW: Don't worry about Yellow. It sounds like Yellow will be fine. All out their debt will be more than paid off by the proceeds from the real estate auction on October 18. Everything else will be profit. Shareholders will be okay.