Yellow | We the workers

Just how low were we willing to go to get a paycheck? For all the guys who said we should have made a deal How low would you have gone? IF you give back and just scrape by what were you going to do for retirement? Have you looked at the YRC pension schedule?
Well, they gave up their PENSION, Wage cuts, vacation, I think they would of gave up their healthcare. I truly belive yellow could of pulled it off.

• Haha
Reactions: TC1
Yellow wouldn’t have stayed in business no matter if we voted yes or no on anything the company would have proposed.THE COMPANY HAS NO MONEY.
I Believe they just put on a show for all to see and took steps to come away from it all looking like they were the victims said the right things to possibly not have to pay warn act and don't care if you ever get whats owed to you all they want to do is cover their bills that matter and walk away with some money in their pockets.

You asked. You’re wrong. You ‘gave’ nothing. You voted to work for lower wages. That’s not a loan to the Company.

No actually, he's not wrong. During a bankruptcy, all people unpaid money by the company are considered debtors. Previous contracts/concessions/how you voted have nothing to do with it. Any employees still owed for vacation time etc. are now unsecured debtor's. I have no idea what our place in line is but he is correct.

Just how low were we willing to go to get a paycheck? For all the guys who said we should have made a deal How low would you have gone? IF you give back and just scrape by what were you going to do for retirement? Have you looked at the YRC pension schedule?
Why could they not make that decision?
Who is SOB to put 30,000 people out of work.

Why could they not make that decision?
Who is SOB to put 30,000 people out of work.
Well from what I understand the company and Teamsters were in negotiation when the financer backed out. Yellow withdrew the offer of more money they put out there for the public to see. Anyone that has been with yellow for anytime at all knows this is not the first time Yellow has played these games. New Penn rejected the concessions in 2009 and Hoffa and yellow put a plan together to eliminate New Penn if they didn't revote for the concessions. If Yellow really wanted to continue hauling freight they would have followed the process, would have done their homework as far as contractual requirements for a COO . Could have been done months ago. Why didn't all the guys that wanted to work without health care get the union decertified?

No actually, he's not wrong. During a bankruptcy, all people unpaid money by the company are considered debtors. Previous contracts/concessions/how you voted have nothing to do with it. Any employees still owed for vacation time etc. are now unsecured debtor's. I have no idea what our place in line is but he is correct.
That’s entirely different than what he posted. He posted that Yellow Employees are Debtors because they ‘Gave’ the company money since 2009.

Well from what I understand the company and Teamsters were in negotiation when the financer backed out. Yellow withdrew the offer of more money they put out there for the public to see. Anyone that has been with yellow for anytime at all knows this is not the first time Yellow has played these games. New Penn rejected the concessions in 2009 and Hoffa and yellow put a plan together to eliminate New Penn if they didn't revote for the concessions. If Yellow really wanted to continue hauling freight they would have followed the process, would have done their homework as far as contractual requirements for a COO . Could have been done months ago. Why didn't all the guys that wanted to work without health care get the union decertified?
Why would non union employees not get healthcare? Every Major LTL carrier provides some type of healthcare, if not Obamacare provides an Exchange for healthcare?
I do agree decertifying the union would have saved Yellow and perhaps 30,000 jobs and led to a future at Yellow as it does for every other LTL Carrier save 2.
But with SOB; being a tough guy is more important than paychecks for 30,000 workers..
he won...

Why would non union employees not get healthcare? Every Major LTL carrier provides some type of healthcare, if not Obamacare provides an Exchange for healthcare?
I do agree decertifying the union would have saved Yellow and perhaps 30,000 jobs and led to a future at Yellow as it does for every other LTL Carrier save 2.
But with SOB; being a tough guy is more important than paychecks for 30,000 workers..
he won...
He won??? What did he win? He's lost most of 22,000 members (the ones who don't get another Union-represented job) and he's probably going to get his socks sued off. What did he win?