ABF | Welcome Back! Sound off, where and what you do!

Greetings from 188/BUR - life is slow at the bottom, but at least there's the internet!!

Oh, yeah, and there's finally snow in VT too. THAT should help the system out...
Happy New Year:)

Welcome to the boards lowman188. It's good to have you here. :1036316054:

You should take advantage of the time off and head on over to Bolton Valley to hit the slopes.

Who's this? Anyone who knows where Bolton is must surely know VT.

Amazing...I thought someone might ask what state Vermont is in!

lowman188 welcome to the boards. Good to have you along for the ride.:smilie_132:
CFer is from that really tiny state south of you called Rhoade Island. He knows a lot about all the sates around him. It didn't take long to learn all there was to know about RI.:1036316054:

I'd like to know why people from New England talk they leave the (R's) out of most on their words?

The closer you get to Boston the more us outsiders notice it.

They say they don't want to pok their cah to fah.
Or they don't want to pok,in Hahvad yahd.

So you far north easternrs why is this?

Apo, we also put R's where they don't belong-as in soder(pop for you upstate guys), Atlanter(Ga) and I'm sure there's more but I'm tryin to forget them so I can fit in down in Atlanter now after spending my 1st 49 years as a Rhode Islander.

ps-I still pok my cah in the yahd!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks fo the heads up on the New England language.

Its kind of neat hearing folks talking from that pot of the country.

I wounder though why they stahted talking like that without using (R's) in their wohds

Ayup (N. New England, practice several times to get this one just right), we're just easygoing country folk with a speech impediment, eh? (Canadians, although my contacts tell me that French Canadians NEVER do this, just the dingdongs from ON, and specifically, Toronto!, eh?)

I'd like to know why people from New England talk they leave the (R's) out of most on their words?

The closer you get to Boston the more us outsiders notice it.

They say they don't want to pok their cah to fah.
Or they don't want to pok,in Hahvad yahd.

So you far north easternrs why is this?

Well, we think you only have so many "R"'s in a lifetime, so we try to not use them up or we'll run out of them at some point.

Oh, I guess I should mention I am a road driver out of 042. (but moved here from Boston many years ago).

Hey ttman welcome to trucking boards. Good to have you along for the ride.:smilie_132: Help Chuckles out at 042 and tell your co-workers about us.:1036316054:

ttman, how goes it in Carlisle? Tell them to send some more freight up to 188 so I can get back to work!!! I hear it's not good down there either?

hillbilly thank you for the welcome. It is a pleasure to be here. I found this site by acident but I am glad I did, lots of information here.
lowman188, I haven't been to 188 in quite awhile. That's a long trip out of 042! I liked it better in the old days when we had to run the van route up through albany and across the back roads. I'll look around and see if I can find any freight sitting around down here so we can get you back to work. We've been pretty slow down this way too.

did you get this email

it is sad but i found a new site

www.MyRoadWarriorSpace.com

it may never be like truckingboards.com but you will enjoy it maybe ill see you there

Truckingboards has been purchased by a a company that makes the floors
of trailers, and will be selling boards to re-do the floors of trailers
soon.

It has been a blast serving all of you for the past 8 years but it is
time to go... please login and post on the farewell thread.

Cya Friends
Truckingboards.com

You guys are still letting the frog post on this board. You must really have the wool pulled over these drivers eyes frog because dispatch says that you haven't pulled enough runs to help them pay for their road use tax. Just trucking through. Take care of the frog he needs all the help that he can get WW42