XPO | WEll con-way will be losing a 2105 yr driver over this

Isn't the 85 rule kinda worthless since I have a 11 year frozen pension and practically worthless 401k program?
The rule of 85 was supposed to determine when you could begin taking pension payments, it wasnt tied to an age. I thought it was still in effect, but now I'm wondering.
We had 2 DSR's retire this year, they got 1100.00 per month.

The rule of 85 was supposed to determine when you could begin taking pension payments, it wasnt tied to an age. I thought it was still in effect, but now I'm wondering.
We had 2 DSR's retire this year, they got 1100.00 per month.
it was the combination of years of service and age equalling 85 as long as you were 55 years old or older. I will have to work many years past 55 to collect my whopping $460 per month :(

Right there with you,smokin'joe.Got a feelin thats the next thing to go.Were starting to get a taste of whats been going on down south,when a dsr from say xcg or xde at 4years service rank is now making more than me with 19years. How about the dsr's at xev who got 2% and then !% taken away because they fall under that quarterly raise but the numbers weren't good enough for the full 2%.

Right there with you,smokin'joe.Got a feelin thats the next thing to go.Were starting to get a taste of whats been going on down south,when a dsr from say xcg or xde at 4years service rank is now making more than me with 19years. How about the dsr's at xev who got 2% and then !% taken away because they fall under that quarterly raise but the numbers weren't good enough for the full 2%.
I think it's just a matter of time when the smaller x and u barns start getting the pinch.

I think it's just a matter of time when the smaller x and u barns start getting the pinch.

There is no way with their current " lean " model that there will not be more terminal closures. It's all do more with less. Drivers are to expensive.

Well what is cost effective about a terminal that doesn't have enough profitable freight ? Or freight that could be MORE profitable if it was domiciled to another terminal ?

These sub vans can drive right by that thing. Open or closed. The company don't need terminals every so often for hour or distance requirements.

And if you are gonna have dock hands then you can run your drivers out further on their peddles. And keep them out running around all day.

If you don't think it's coming you ain't paying attention. I know a lot of people here just wanna sit with their head in the ground, but you might need to pick it up and take a peek.

None of us are helpless. There are opportunities out there. This slash and burn management isn't close to started.

Exactly, this has only caused more anger and animosity. Hasn't helped or fixed anything.