Yellow | Western Retirees Medical Breaking News !

Anytime someone has to make tough decisions, somebody is going to get screwed. In Chicago, we are PPO, not HMO.

I guess come 03/01/2011 my health insurance will go up $600.00 a month. Sucks don't it but comes as no surprise. The $600.00 a month credit from the WTWT was a year to year thing. Now I will be paying $1022.00 a month for a HMO for two people.
Guess it's time to get on with the VA for health insurance or find a part time job.

Can't be. barry said that once he signed barry-care, everyone's HealthCare Premiums would go down; it's why the Teamsters backed him......

Does anyone realize that with the newest 'deal' in Washington-- to have 2% 'given' to you in a reduction in SSI Tax-- that those about to retire in the next 5 years-- it will lower their Average that SSI payments are gathered from? They will suddenly get a LOT LESS when they retire.....it comes from those printouts we get every year saying 'you paid in this amount, and at this age you'll get this'. Suddenly, it shows a year where you paid in less. And besides, the 'credit' comes from the SSI set-asides. Principle being stolen to pay for this.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Paying almost twice as much for insurance, that's BS. Healthcare turned into wealthfare. I wonder if this is a bailout for the health insurance companies, like the corporate banks received a few years ago?

Last edited by a moderator:
Central States will be next..........Thank goodness I got on my wifes insurance b4 I retired.........Its going to get real uggggggggly....

Central States will be next..........Thank goodness I got on my wifes insurance b4 I retired.........Its going to get real uggggggggly....
I think the west in just catching up to the central. A few years ago, I retired at age 48, $50 a month for insurance, then two years later it went to 100, the next year 200 then so on and so one, it would have went up to 1022 per month, I opted out at five hundred per month and now buy on the open market at a lot less. That was for all who reitred under the age of 57. It now looks to me as the funds do not want to be in the retired health care business as they intend to drive all away. So if the new deal is for all retired, it is not a good feeling.

Hopefully your wife will not lose her job. Mine did because of her health.
When I retired in 2004 at age 57 I was paying $50 a month for the both of us. Rates have increased every year since and I now pay $756 for us. With my wifes preexisting stuff I gotta stick it out. She's 2 years younger. Accually I have been thankful to have the Teamster Ins. It still pays the best that I could find and I live knowing one day Central States could just drop all of us retirees. Living it one day at a time.

come on guys its only a 15% pay cut Yes We Can!!!
Thanks for the morbid post Longblade. I have always backed you guys and hoped for the best as I always considered Teamsters, brothers. Now I wish I had stayed until I was 65 so I could give guys like you a hard time.

when i tried telling every 1 it was way more than the 15 % and had it been only that i might have voted yes myself. no 1 wanted to hear that it was close to 45% cut and that our costs and losses would and will be a disaster for us all. just saying

when i tried telling every 1 it was way more than the 15 % and had it been only that i might have voted yes myself. no 1 wanted to hear that it was close to 45% cut and that our costs and losses would and will be a disaster for us all. just saying
Accually Longblade, I think we are on the same page. Although if I had still been working when all of this came down I would voted Yes, just to keep YRC afloat as the Teamsters had warned us. I wish you and others still affiliated with YRC the best of luck.
Have a blessed Christmas.

Hopefully your wife will not lose her job. Mine did because of her health.
When I retired in 2004 at age 57 I was paying $50 a month for the both of us. Rates have increased every year since and I now pay $756 for us. With my wifes preexisting stuff I gotta stick it out. She's 2 years younger. Accually I have been thankful to have the Teamster Ins. It still pays the best that I could find and I live knowing one day Central States could just drop all of us retirees. Living it one day at a time.
I receive a pension check from CSPF and WTWT. My health insurance is with WTWT. I find it very irritating that my health insurance cost keeps going way up but with both funds keeping a close watch on where they will allow me to work.

I receive a pension check from CSPF and WTWT. My health insurance is with WTWT. I find it very irritating that my health insurance cost keeps going way up but with both funds keeping a close watch on where they will allow me to work.

There's a meeting tomorrow but I will not be able to make it . I have a previous engagement ( Grand kids ) or that would be one of a hundred questions I would be asking . I will be seeing those in charge at the end of the month and will bring it up then .

There's a meeting tomorrow but I will not be able to make it . I have a previous engagement ( Grand kids ) or that would be one of a hundred questions I would be asking . I will be seeing those in charge at the end of the month and will bring it up then .
I have to agree with your priorities.

Isn't that the truth. A guy can't even go out and make a few bucks because they threaten to take it all away. I tried working a little at Dealers Transporting (moving one new vehicle to another dealer for an exchange) and they said I couldn't do that. I tried to explain to CS that the vehicle had already been delivered by a transport hauler and they said it's still driving. Go figure, but don't test them or it could mean losing (and then having a hard time regaining) your pension.

Wow thats alot. I work for UPS Freight and we have something similar in our contract for retirees. Ours is the same as yours $500 a month. GL.

for now. wait their will be more. and we wil be paying for medical and still not getting pention. what a deal. I think we should be paing the union more money for all they have done for us.