FedEx Freight | What Do Supervisors Make?

dsh69

TB Regular
Credits
From time to time I hear Ops Sups bitching about what drivers make compared to what they bring home.

I know that starting pay is different around the US but just WHAT does an Operations Supervisor make starting out? I'm not looking for exact pay, just in general.

About $46k yr to start.

Roughly 6k year less than a topped out, full time dock worker, which always blew my mind seeing a FT DW take a redshirt job.

Imo, a topped out, FT dockworkers are FxF's most overpaid employee.
They make only slightly less than a driver, and have basically zero responsibility, no CDL, physical or Background check to keep up, and then there's the whole thing of NOT having to drive a rig....

About $46k yr to start.

Roughly 6k year less than a topped out, full time dock worker, which always blew my mind seeing a FT DW take a redshirt job.

They make only slightly less than a driver, and have basically zero responsibility, no CDL, physical or Background check to keep up, and then there's the whole thing of NOT having to drive a rig....
Yeah, I think a buddy of mine makes about $25hr driving the hostlers. Still, jumping in and out of that thing in all weather is a pita. I fill in from time to time to get my 40. Sucks.

From time to time I hear Ops Sups bitching about what drivers make compared to what they bring home.

I know that starting pay is different around the US but just WHAT does an Operations Supervisor make starting out? I'm not looking for exact pay, just in general.
I'm from Florida and just applied for a P&D Supervisor
I’ve seen a lot of part time dock workers get promoted to supervisor. That’s a good raise for them.
Yes, it is.

About $46k yr to start.

The problem, in my mind, is the 50 hour expectation for leadership paid salary. 40 hours wouldn't so be bad, but it's never just that.

Course if you can stay motivated, and use it as a path to higher levels, the sky is the limit.

The problem, in my mind, is the 50 hour expectation for leadership paid salary. 40 hours wouldn't so be bad, but it's never just that.

Course if you can stay motivated, and use it as a path to higher levels, the sky is the limit.
I was under the impression that they had moved to a 9hr day.

But, you hit a wall REAL fast if you don't have a college degree.
Terminal manager is as high as you'll get.

My last job was salary and I worked 60 or 70 hours a week. I wouldn't see that as a bad thing.

About $46k yr to start.

Relative is outbound supervisor at large facility. Stated st $62,000

The problem, in my mind, is that leadership thing...you have leaders and you have followers and most are followers that get paid to lead...which probably explains the long hours for little pay...and also explains the low moral due to no bonus...but then again, had most been leaders perhaps they would’ve got their bonus!! :idunno:

The problem, in my mind, is that leadership thing...you have leaders and you have followers and most are followers that get paid to lead...which probably explains the long hours for little pay...and also explains the low moral due to no bonus...but then again, had most been leaders perhaps they would’ve got their bonus!! :idunno:
What the hell does that mean??!!!

We have one hell of a lot of "drivers" who can't drive worth a crap and they get to make the same thing I make! We have drivers and we have "trainee's". Most anymore are trainee's