FedEx Freight | What Do Supervisors Make?

Experienced supervisors are around 65k. I know because I've seen ones check before. I know they start new ones with no experience in high 40s. Again it varies from region to region.

I'm in CA and a supervisor. New supervisors start in the 61k range at my barn. 9 to 10 hours a day. Works out to about $26 an hour at 45 hours.

However FT dock makes $25 and some change. If dockworker works 3 hours of OT a week, they make more than me.

I was a dockworker for years and made the bad decision to go the supervisor route. Much more stress for less money.

I was only making $22 at the time. Still had 2 years of raises to go. Wish I could go back and just work freight but from what I've heard you'd have to transfer to a new region if you want to demote since I know personal info about employees.
I've said before that there is zero motivation to go from FT dock to Supervisor.

The problem, in my mind, is the 50 hour expectation for leadership paid salary. 40 hours wouldn't so be bad, but it's never just that.

Course if you can stay motivated, and use it as a path to higher levels, the sky is the limit.
at our terminal the supervisors will keep as many drivers around as possible, even on overtime so they don't have to work more then 7 hours........leading by example by us means "drivers work 10 hours, so we can work 6 or 7 hours and it all evens out...."

The problem, in my mind, is the 50 hour expectation for leadership paid salary. 40 hours wouldn't so be bad, but it's never just that.

Course if you can stay motivated, and use it as a path to higher levels, the sky is the limit.
Just remember, misguided motivation is a life wasted. Swamp, the pipe dream of making it has made many brilliant young supervisors bitter and washed out within 5 years. “Making it” for FedEx has to be right up there with winning the lottery.

Ohhh Dave did you miss me ?
I was on a special opps thing @ Scabs in Prescott
working on my secret purple hot dogs Brother.
Doesn’t Gerard play there on Friday nights?
Took the Coop barge up the ole Miss all the way up there. Cool place. But BRG got us kicked out when he kept thinking the bartender was Geena……bastard…

Hmmmm , how do ya like that !
Some kids are just trouble . Over
the edge of the deck with him !

From time to time I hear Ops Sups bitching about what drivers make compared to what they bring home.

I know that starting pay is different around the US but just WHAT does an Operations Supervisor make starting out? I'm not looking for exact pay, just in general.
Simple answer, a mess out of stuff