FedEx Freight | What Do Supervisors Make?

About $46k yr to start.

Roughly 6k year less than a topped out, full time dock worker, which always blew my mind seeing a FT DW take a redshirt job.

Imo, a topped out, FT dockworkers are FxF's most overpaid employee.
They make only slightly less than a driver, and have basically zero responsibility, no CDL, physical or Background check to keep up, and then there's the whole thing of NOT having to drive a rig....
Properly handling and loading claim free is a skill that is sadly lacking industry wide. I believe dock city road should all be paid the same but also be held equally responsible for the condition of freight at point of delivery .

Properly handling and loading claim free is a skill that is sadly lacking industry wide. I believe dock city road should all be paid the same but also be held equally responsible for the condition of freight at point of delivery .
WHAT?
Surely you jest, you're saying a line driver should drive responsible and not like a wild azz Indian?
You gotta be kidding, besides $6 pr hr is enough for any city driver, line drivers should make the big bucks.
If simply for no other reason, they're smarter, and the cute way their wives dress them.

Hub supervisors have it way easier. EOL supervisors have to deal with city dispatch road dispatch run a dock osd claims customers calling in for pickups. Appointments. Kronos. You have to deal with freight projections and at times argue with central. You have to budget your dock hours and call in your dock and road drivers etc. Your expected to do freigh analysis at times while your trying to get trailers closed. No freight inspectors at an EOL. They want you to submit capacity measurements when you dont have time. Barely anytime to eat for lunch if at all. Hub supervisors as it seems have plenty of time for endless smoke breaks. EOL supervisors essentially have to know it all and be responsible for every facet of the center because they have to fill in when the terminal manager is gone. They also have to maintain equipment control and get stuff fixed if they don't have a shop on sight. Constantly dealing with vendors. They have to do snapshot and maintain files and records in order and then purge old documents and stay on top of it to be compliant. Hub supervisors maybe maintain 20 doors? Look for load opportunities etc? I see alot of Hub supervisors on their phone or smoking or talking to dock workers non stop and then holding road drivers for 3 hours because they will get around to closing the trailers that have been full for awhile whenever they get around to it. Hub supervisor is way easier. By a long shot. Also if you want to move up a Hub supervisor is looked at over an EOL supervisor. The experience of being around a big operation is what gets you the job. Unless of course your moving up at an EOL center. Then the opposite is true. I've heard the misconception that because an EOL is smaller and less busy it must be easy. It's actually way harder. They expect you to be superman 🦸‍♂️ with way less personel or resources. At least at a hub you have a bunch of your peers there as well when crap hits the fan. At an EOL you are it for the most part.

Last edited:
That sucks.... New supervisors in my building start at 11 PM.... That part sucks lol
Yeah that does suck. At an EOL the AM shift is usually taken by the senior supervisor. You'll have to wait for him or her to die or retire. So you might be on the PM shift for 15 years or more. That usually looks like 11am to 9 or 10pm at night. Rinse and repeat. Plus the terminal manager fills in for the AM supervisor when they are gone at some of these places. You don't get to go to the mornings unless that terminal manager likes covering nights. I've been on plenty boats and know alot of hoes. Take my word for it hub is where it's at.

Yeah that does suck. At an EOL the AM shift is usually taken by the senior supervisor. You'll have to wait for him or her to die or retire. So you might be on the PM shift for 15 years or more. That usually looks like 11am to 9 or 10pm at night. Rinse and repeat.

Those hours sound great, but the rest is enough to talk you out of it. I'll just drive a cab

The EOL I used to work out of the supervisor became the SCM. The supervisor that got hired ended up becoming on OM at a hub about a year later. Kind of a mix of luck and motivation to move up. The big district guy started off as a part time dock worker. I would rather be a supervisor at an EOL than slumming at a dock shack all night at a hub.

When I worked as a OPS/SUP I made quite a bit more than $60k but I was at a (S) position at a SuperHub.

roog

On the shop side, supervisors and managers should be paid at least 15% more. I turned down opportunity for it, mainly because it would have been 12% cut

Hub supervisors have it way easier. EOL supervisors have to deal with city dispatch road dispatch run a dock osd claims customers calling in for pickups. Appointments. Kronos. You have to deal with freight projections and at times argue with central. You have to budget your dock hours and call in your dock and road drivers etc. Your expected to do freigh analysis at times while your trying to get
Oh, did you forget checking the eld logs, giving all the new and recurrent training, safety meetings, preshifts, forklift recertifications, fire extinguishers, facility repairs, etc.... Sounds like you've "been there, done that".... Oh, then there's hazardous material spill reports, accident/injury reports, AM and PM dock checks, write up any over freight found and takes pictures of each piece, corrective action, coaching, routing all the runs pre-shift, and a few other tidbits for the spare time..... Then,, there is the little task called "supervising" that pretty much can fall thru the cracks.

Last edited: