XPO | What do you guys think ?

In the next year ...

• The economy will continue to boom and we will see improvements in compensation.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • The economy will continue to boom and we will see cuts in compensation.

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • The economy will stall and we will see improvements to compensation.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • The economy will stall and we will see cuts in compensation.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • The economy will be unstable and so will our compensation.

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters
This is one of the longest economic upturns we have had in modern history. This comes after one of the biggest downturns in modern history - the Great Recession with the current administration juicing the economy and undoing many of the protections put in place to prevent another big recession , it seems likely that we are going to repeat a downturn soon.

Throughout history these things come in cycles...

Possible Recession Links-

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...ists-worry-possible-recession-2020/669444002/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/raulel...nemployment-at-the-lowest-levels-in-50-years/

https://247wallst.com/economy/2018/06/04/recession-possible-in-2020-business-economists/

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixg...18-what-happens-when-the-next-recession-hits/

With full employment statistically having been reached , and companies struggling to find quality workers ( clean criminal record , drug - free , experienced ) you would think raises and benefits would improve vastly - they haven't kept up with the demand for workers. And the demand for workers at lower - end jobs will increase with the elimination of that workforce by tightening the border.

Last edited:
I think another bubble burst is inevitable at some point. The Republicans have been working double time to remove the safety valves the Obama put in place to circumvent risk.
As far as how it will effect us with Xpo , I'm not sure if you will see pay cuts , that will depend on how bad the recession is and how long it last. I think more likely you would see pay freezes through the duration and possibly a bit longer. I think there will be a major push to eliminate O/t . We could expect to see major cut backs in spending ( I know we are near the bone now).

Healthcare is going to rise this year with Trump further unstablizing the insurance marketplaces place with recent moves. I would hold on to your wallet this coming fall because the experts are saying there will be big cost increases in the market place .

I think another bubble burst is inevitable at some point. The Republicans have been working double time to remove the safety valves the Obama put in place to circumvent risk.
As far as how it will effect us with Xpo , I'm not sure if you will see pay cuts , that will depend on how bad the recession is and how long it last. I think more likely you would see pay freezes through the duration and possibly a bit longer. I think there will be a major push to eliminate O/t . We could expect to see major cut backs in spending ( I know we are near the bone now).

Healthcare is going to rise this year with Trump further unstablizing the insurance marketplaces place with recent moves. I would hold on to your wallet this coming fall because the experts are saying there will be big cost increases in the market place .
not worth arguing with a brainwashed libtard like you,you named no policy,specific change,or any details whatsoever,anybody could play your stupid game,list some facts Obama lover.i can,booming economy,401k exploding,record low unemployment,largest raise in a decade for us,no fkn sleep apnea test because I have a muscular neck,where are your "experts",who are they,...………..oh yeah cnn said it,stfu…..hmmm every poll and every pollster and everyone of your genius "experts" had Hillary winning the election in a landslide,WHAT HAPPENED GENIUS

This is one of the longest economic upturns we have had in modern history. This comes after one of the biggest downturns in modern history - the Great Recession with the current administration juicing the economy and undoing many of the protections put in place to prevent another big recession , it seems likely that we are going to repeat a downturn soon.

Throughout history these things come in cycles...

Possible Recession Links-

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...ists-worry-possible-recession-2020/669444002/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/raulel...nemployment-at-the-lowest-levels-in-50-years/

https://247wallst.com/economy/2018/06/04/recession-possible-in-2020-business-economists/

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixg...18-what-happens-when-the-next-recession-hits/

With full employment statistically having been reached , and companies struggling to find quality workers ( clean criminal record , drug - free , experienced ) you would think raises and benefits would improve vastly - they haven't kept up with the demand for workers. And the demand for workers at lower - end jobs will increase with the elimination of that workforce by tightening the border.
That was a great post..thx
I commend you for your sensible post . Sometimes I don't completely agree with your post but even then you bring a different perspective and that's what this is all about. Their is no complete right or wrong in these issues and I think your post move us towards that unlike others.

Last edited:
gotta love you libtards,i click on each link as usual to be fair,trump's health care debacle,trump's misguided approach,the republicans disasterous this and that, and you idiots think these are " UNBIASED " articles,every article in the first sentence,like Hillary and the dnc had in their e-mails,they lovem stupid,they can do whatever they want and the blind sheep will follow,...…...spelled right out in black and white for everyone to read even using the "n" word as they call republicans the ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ party,FAKE NEWS AND HYPOCRITS MAKE ME SICK,maybe search for 1 article,ONE,just one that isn't calling trump or republicans names then I might take it seriously

I got more than a $2 an hour raise and 4 cpm in 2014. Last raise we got was not even close.
just so you have the facts ,that was "certain" terminals,mostly"metro" in their market based compensation,very few terminals got it,feel lucky,while most of your fellow workers got screwed,this yrs raise was for EVERYONE as I was told,it was 4% across the board

you probably didn't hear on your fake news websites,but health insures were pulling out of your buddies healthcare system in droves BEFORE the 2016 election,also check your paystub and compare your increase in 2018 to your increases from 2011-2016 and tell me what you see?and you all complained that coverage got worse.my coverage went up $1.56 a week this year as opposed to larger increases in the previous 7 yrs.if you're not afraid of looking like a hypocrite post your healthcare weekly contribution from 2009,then 2016 see how your buddy Obama screwed you

"From June 2017 to June 2018, real average hourly earnings decreased 0.2 percent, seasonally adjusted. Combining the change in real average hourly earnings with a 0.3-percent increase in the average workweek resulted in no change to real average weekly earnings over this period."

So, basically, we are working more for less.

But the 'economy is doing good' (booming) and 'the stock market ( which is basically only a reference point to how the mega wealthy are feeling) is doing... OK' Are two things you might say.

And you'd be missing the point. All the growth people talk about when they say the economy is doing good and growing is going right to the tippy-top. Top heavy ::shit:: always falls.

Don't be distracted by the crumbs falling to you.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/realer.nr0.htm

you probably didn't hear on your fake news websites,but health insures were pulling out of your buddies healthcare system in droves BEFORE the 2016 election,also check your paystub and compare your increase in 2018 to your increases from 2011-2016 and tell me what you see?and you all complained that coverage got worse.my coverage went up $1.56 a week this year as opposed to larger increases in the previous 7 yrs.if you're not afraid of looking like a hypocrite post your healthcare weekly contribution from 2009,then 2016 see how your buddy Obama screwed you

Coverage didn't go up. Premiums went up. Coverage went down. I agree premiums didn't raise that much but coverage went down quite a bit. I blame corporate for that not any insurance law. The reason is if you compare stubs from today with stubs from before the first of the year. There is a box with employer contributions towards healthcare. Last year it was about 330 a week. This year its zero. In a 40 hr week that's about 8.25 an hr in compensation taken away resulting in higher deductibles and copays.

I was going to ex
Coverage didn't go up. Premiums went up. Coverage went down. I agree premiums didn't raise that much but coverage went down quite a bit. I blame corporate for that not any insurance law. The reason is if you compare stubs from today with stubs from before the first of the year. There is a box with employer contributions towards healthcare. Last year it was about 330 a week. This year its zero. In a 40 hr week that's about 8.25 an hr in compensation taken away resulting in higher deductibles and copays.
I was going to explain but I don't waste my time ignorant posters especially ones that pull the fake news line to anything they don't agree with. Time will expose the truth.

I did like Obama that's for sure
Do you mean the president that
Sent the Attorney General to Ferguson Mo to go to the funeral of a thug?
Did not send anybody to the funeral of a Army general killed in combat?
Never saluted his Marine guards?
Never put his hand over his heart for the National anthem, but instead did a crotch salute?
Is this the guy you are thinking of?

Do you mean the president that
Sent the Attorney General to Ferguson Mo to go to the funeral of a thug?
Did not send anybody to the funeral of a Army general killed in combat?
Never saluted his Marine guards?
Never put his hand over his heart for the National anthem, but instead did a crotch salute?
Is this the guy you are thinking of?

You hit all my reasons.

Except the Kenyan part.

"From June 2017 to June 2018, real average hourly earnings decreased 0.2 percent, seasonally adjusted. Combining the change in real average hourly earnings with a 0.3-percent increase in the average workweek resulted in no change to real average weekly earnings over this period."

So, basically, we are working more for less.

But the 'economy is doing good' (booming) and 'the stock market ( which is basically only a reference point to how the mega wealthy are feeling) is doing... OK' Are two things you might say.

And you'd be missing the point. All the growth people talk about when they say the economy is doing good and growing is going right to the tippy-top. Top heavy :::shit::: always falls.

Don't be distracted by the crumbs falling to you.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/realer.nr0.htm
nice try genius,i didn't throw in the tax cut to confuse you 2 Kenyans,my takehome pay went up over $100 after that,now i'll drop the mic and walk away