XPO | What do you guys think ?

In the next year ...

• The economy will continue to boom and we will see improvements in compensation.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • The economy will continue to boom and we will see cuts in compensation.

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • The economy will stall and we will see improvements to compensation.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • The economy will stall and we will see cuts in compensation.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • The economy will be unstable and so will our compensation.

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters
This is exactly what happened! I remember how ecstatic people were with no rise in the premium and then when their family members were denied an MRI, their light bulb suddenly came on. Same happened with the prescription insurance also. I have one prescription that doubled in my part.

Understand just one thing...big business is flush with cash and capital. Their profits are at an all time high and our productivity is better than it's ever been . There is more than enough cash to provide good health care, good compensation packages and reinstatement and repair of all pension programs. They will have you believe that they are broke and any rise in their expenditures will deter their ability to compete in this market. They will have you believe that any rise in their expenditures will force them to close their doors. They are laughing at us on their way to extravagance. They are betting on the fact that the old guard forgot how it used to be and the new boys will never understand. AND, they are winning that bet. Haven't you had enough of this bullshit? When are you going to do something about it? T

This is exactly what happened! I remember how ecstatic people were with no rise in the premium and then when their family members were denied an MRI, their light bulb suddenly came on. Same happened with the prescription insurance also. I have one prescription that doubled in my part.
Right before we had our union vote they sent the company's top HR people to present the upcoming health benifits plan. All they wanted everyone to focus on during the presentation was premiums . When you asked about coverage they quickly reverted back to premiums . They knew there plan was lacking and diminished and their job was to present it in a fashion that tried to cover it.

This also goes to show their tactic when it comes to our compensation package overall. It's dishonest but many don't see it. Give and take something keeps cost ( us) in control.

You are correct. It's not worth arguing with brainwashed people...but I'll try.

The economy is not booming. In 2017, it was 2.3% of GDP, ironically the exact average of the past 10 years, including the Obama administration. The stock market was booming, a nice little perk for the 1%. However, they're eating steak and lobster while I'm eating peanuts. Our little tax cut was meant to placate us while the real beneficiaries reap in billions. Our tax cut ends in 7 years. Theirs is forever. Thanks to Trumps recent economic and trade policy, the market has stalled and jobs are moving overseas again to avoid the ridiculous tariffs.

Record low unemployment in jobs that won't allow people a decent quality of life. Many work 2 and sometime 3 jobs to be able to afford to pay the bills. Wives forced to work because wages have remained fairly stagnant while corporate profits and production go through the roof.

The largest raise in a decade was the 2014 raise, when the company attempted to destroy the effort to organize.

I'm happy you have a muscular neck. So do I.

With reference to the ACA, it was a good plan that needed some revision. Republicans willfully destroyed it so that President Obama would not have a legacy with respect to his presidency. First, they challenged the Medicaid expansion which would have insured millions more and kept costs down. Second, they destroyed the "Risk Corridors" in the 2016 Omnibus Bill proposed by Marco Rubio. Another move that sent rates soaring. Now, Trump has eliminated the individual mandate in his new tax plan. Possibly, the final nail in the coffin. By the way, I haven't seen Trump's plan that will insure EVERYONE and reduce rates dramatically. Have you seen it? Wait until October when the new rates are announced. You tax cut will be chewed up and spit out. What the masters give with the right hand, they take back with the left.

The distraction is complete and unless we begin to look at our individual and collective situations and how we can move forward, our economic situation will not improve. It will get worse.

I'd just like to say that I am madly in love with you and want to have your baby.

Someone capable of reading and comprehending information ? So rare any more.

You are supposed to mutter a bunch of click bait and demand everyone believe it as the God's honest truth.

To all of you watching these threads, you'll see that there are often more than 2 sides to every story. Your opinion matters just like your vote matters. It doesn't matter if you're right or wrong, but you should make every effort to participate, ask questions and understand what's going on. . I always try to post accurate information and I am grateful for the times I have been corrected. In this way, I learn something new and I won't spread that information again. These boards provide us with an opportunity to discover what's really going on in the place where we spend the majority of our waking hours. Chime in, man, I'm anxious to hear what you all think!!!

To all of you watching these threads, you'll see that there are often more than 2 sides to every story. Your opinion matters just like your vote matters. It doesn't matter if you're right or wrong, but you should make every effort to participate, ask questions and understand what's going on. . I always try to post accurate information and I am grateful for the times I have been corrected. In this way, I learn something new and I won't spread that information again. These boards provide us with an opportunity to discover what's really going on in the place where we spend the majority of our waking hours. Chime in, man, I'm anxious to hear what you all think!!!

Also, you don't have to follow the turn this thread has taken. You can actually choose to comment on the topic and why you chose to vote the way you did in the poll. That would be pretty cool. If we had some people that did that.

Also, you don't have to follow the turn this thread has taken. You can actually choose to comment on the topic and why you chose to vote the way you did in the poll. That would be pretty cool. If we had some people that did that.

I voted that the economy will stall and we will see improvements to compensation. Those improvements will be negligible. Economic cycles say we are due for a recession. While our presidents economic and trade policies aren't helping the situation, we can't blame it all on him...just most of it. Our compensation will continue to improve due to the severe driver shortage and the continuous union activity. The race to the bottom continues and, if you think things are bad now, just wait until the health care rates are announced in October. Our economy is consumer driven. People have to have money to spend to kept it going. Tax cuts for billionaires does nothing to spur the economy. Give a working family 200 bucks a week and they will spend it. Give a corporation 2,000 bucks a week and they'll buy back their own stock to pad their bonuses. Without a vibrant middle class with disposable income, we're in trouble. There's my two cents. Anybody disagree?

The implication of my original post on here, the one about working longer for less, went towards my thought on the topic. Sorry it got hijacked.

What I was trying to get at is it really doesn't matter if the economy stalls or grows, we will be given raise to that match or are slightly lower than inflation. Our buying power and real wages will remain stagnant and deviation in either direction will be so minimal as to not matter. More importantly, our benefits will shrink. Our effective overall total compensation will go down as you factor this in.

If the economy tanks, a likely scenario as the market has outperformed, and has been buoyed by stock bybacks, for many years and is due for a correction (crash). We will simply not be given raises and will likely face some sort of corporate austerity.

My personal economic situation hasn't changed in 15 years.
It's the only economics I worry about. And the only one I have control over.
Whether that's worded correctly or not I don't know.
I don't see it getting any better. So. I am getting my ducks in a row to leave this business. And I would never suggest that anyone get a job in the LTL sector of trucking.
I hardly see anything positive posted on any of the LTL forums.
Now We didn't have the interweb and phones and all this junk we have now when I first started.
Good thing?
Bad thing?
Personally I'm glad we didn't have social media.

I'm not here to offend anyone. Or troll.
Just getting in your poll. Lots of comments but only 19 votes when I voted.
I voted unstable.
Main reason. If all these tariffs go through.
Thanks.

My personal economic situation hasn't changed in 15 years.
It's the only economics I worry about. And the only one I have control over.
Whether that's worded correctly or not I don't know.
I don't see it getting any better. So. I am getting my ducks in a row to leave this business. And I would never suggest that anyone get a job in the LTL sector of trucking.
I hardly see anything positive posted on any of the LTL forums.
Now We didn't have the interweb and phones and all this junk we have now when I first started.
Good thing?
Bad thing?
Personally I'm glad we didn't have social media.

I'm not here to offend anyone. Or troll.
Just getting in your poll. Lots of comments but only 19 votes when I voted.
I voted unstable.
Main reason. If all these tariffs go through.
Thanks.

No offense taken and offering your opinion is certainly not trolling. Thanks. I appreciate your comments. I wouldn't recommend LTL to anyone at this point either but, considering the absence of a college degree, it used to be and still is, for many, a good paying job with good benefits. We can have all that again if we stand together and demand it.

True.
No college degree.
It's a job and just that.
But it does require skill and experience.
And a cdl.
Some schooling.
Which keeping a cdl is not appreciated in the way it should be.
The companies know what it takes to keep one. And to keep its record clean to keep it. But it's not that simple. And those who have one know it. And alot of young people coming into the job market do not think it's worth it. Its a pain in the ass. Truthfully.

True.
No college degree.
It's a job and just that.
But it does require skill and experience.
And a cdl.
Some schooling.
Which keeping a cdl is not appreciated in the way it should be.
The companies know what it takes to keep one. And to keep its record clean to keep it. But it's not that simple. And those who have one know it. And alot of young people coming into the job market do not think it's worth it. Its a pain in the ass. Truthfully.
I haven't decided on a vote yet , but you make some good points. Mysticobra , don't I remember you having a dock bid? If so , thanks for the respect given to those getting and hanging on to a CDL.

I voted that the economy will stall and we will see improvements to compensation. Those improvements will be negligible. Economic cycles say we are due for a recession. While our presidents economic and trade policies aren't helping the situation, we can't blame it all on him...just most of it. Our compensation will continue to improve due to the severe driver shortage and the continuous union activity. The race to the bottom continues and, if you think things are bad now, just wait until the health care rates are announced in October. Our economy is consumer driven. People have to have money to spend to kept it going. Tax cuts for billionaires does nothing to spur the economy. Give a working family 200 bucks a week and they will spend it. Give a corporation 2,000 bucks a week and they'll buy back their own stock to pad their bonuses. Without a vibrant middle class with disposable income, we're in trouble. There's my two cents. Anybody disagree?

There are people out there that think voting to further empower the wealthy is smart. You know, because the wealthy told them they would be smarter than everybody else if they did.

The implication of my original post on here, the one about working longer for less, went towards my thought on the topic. Sorry it got hijacked.

What I was trying to get at is it really doesn't matter if the economy stalls or grows, we will be given raise to that match or are slightly lower than inflation. Our buying power and real wages will remain stagnant and deviation in either direction will be so minimal as to not matter. More importantly, our benefits will shrink. Our effective overall total compensation will go down as you factor this in.

If the economy tanks, a likely scenario as the market has outperformed, and has been buoyed by stock bybacks, for many years and is due for a correction (crash). We will simply not be given raises and will likely face some sort of corporate austerity.

You can't change peoples reactions, don't fret over that.

I share your sentiments. It's all the fault of the employees. Used to be you got a job with a strong company to have security. That piece of mind knowing that your source of income was safe.

Any more that is no longer the case. You end up being the scape goat for some ridiculous pyramid scheme. One guy gets rich and one way or another everyone else suffers.