FedEx Freight | what happened? This was a fire storm with organizing

Nothing personal,I sure hope your wrong.

I honestly pray that I am. For all our sakes.
In the grand scheme of Fx, Freight is small potatoes. I have seen how FS has handled issues when I was with Express, and I can assure you, he is NOT a man that is intimidated by a union. Not in the slightest.

You guys remember the UPS strike from 12yrs ago?
Ups employees that unloaded/loaded the aircraft. They struck. What did UPS do? Did they bend?
Nope. They contracted out the aircraft operations to a company that paid half as much. Yeah, the union really put the fear in UPS.

If you think Fred wont have contract carriers waiting at the gate to move road freight, your sadly mistaken. He would do it, and save money.
Push comes to shove, and it wont be him that bends, much less breaks.

In the grand scheme of Fx, Freight is small potatoes. I have seen how FS has handled issues when I was with Express, and I can assure you, he is NOT a man that is intimidated by a union. Not in the slightest.

Ups employees that unloaded/loaded the aircraft. They struck. What did UPS do? Did they bend?
Nope. They contracted out the aircraft operations to a company that paid half as much. Yeah, the union really put the fear in UPS.

If you think Fred wont have contract carriers waiting at the gate to move road freight, your sadly mistaken. He would do it, and save money.

The share holders and the Teamsters will have the final say, not you or your sidekick Fred.

The share holders and the Teamsters will have the final say, not you or your sidekick Fred.

Wow. Deep. My "sidekick"
Do some research on FS, and get back to me with how he will bow to the union.

Ill wait.
. In the meantime, if your banking on the shareholders to roll out the red carpet for the union, then I have all kinds of beachfront property in Arizona for sale.

Are the pilots still union & employed by ups today answer yes. Maybe fedex will divert all your freight to package & ground, not happening. You talk about road freight who will pedal the city? The scenario that you are using is ups package not freight, you do know this right? And fedex pilots are union correct? If so why don't they get rid of them being such a small part of the operation....

Are the pilots still union & employed by ups today answer yes. Maybe fedex will divert all your freight to package & ground, not happening. You talk about road freight who will pedal the city? The scenario that you are using is ups package not freight, you do know this right? And fedex pilots are union correct? If so why don't they get rid of them being such a small part of the operation....

And its a damn site easier to find a goon to drive a truck, than it is a pilot to fly a plane. However valuable you think you are as a driver, I promise, your worth 1/1,000th of a qualified pilot.

Are you telling me contracted guys cant deliver freight? Ha!

Fred Smith may not be intimidated by the Union. Most of us are not and should not be intimidated by him. The union, surely is not. Also you know it's not solely up to Fred.

USP didn't bend? Or did they?

Also, FedEx hauled lots of their freight, and refuse a lot more, to service existing customers.

Last but not least, where are all these contract carriers going to come from? The'll need the same number of hands they have now. Those qualified drivers you speak of,to do all the P&D, as well as linehaul don't exist. Not today, they don't. Doubles/HazMat, and dependable too? Again, not today.

And this is not really about Fred. Even though you've said all along, you're not convinced of the need (your barn is still good, right?), I think you know all of this, at least I thought you did. I'm having trouble understanding how you believe what you just said.

Wow. Deep. My "sidekick"
Do some research on FS, and get back to me with how he will bow to the union.

Ill wait.
. In the meantime, if your banking on the shareholders to roll out the red carpet for the union, then I have all kinds of beachfront property in Arizona for sale.

No insult to you, they created this atmosphere. In the last 5 years, our benefits have decreased, while the push, more faster, and took this company to the top. If he looses Sept 28, who will pay his taxes? You think he will pass it on to the customer?

He's not afraid of unions, but yet, regional management are all over the map, spending millions to try to extinguish the fire. w

Who knows what he will do, but again, they created this, not us.

And its a damn site easier to find a goon to drive a truck, than it is a pilot to fly a plane. However valuable you think you are as a driver, I promise, your worth 1/1,000th of a qualified pilot.

Are you telling me contracted guys cant deliver freight? Ha!
Glad to see you have a high opinion of yourself & your craft. These guys here sticking there necks out to try & make it better. If does work out the only thing you will be sticking out is your hand....

Still under the impression that you have Fedex by the balls.

Its got momentum now. After(if) it passes, and Fred reroutes all freight around your barn, and contracts out the rest, the momentum will die pretty quickly.

So, your mandatory meeting went well? Sounds like someone finally convinced the unconvinced. Interesting.

No insult to you, they created this atmosphere. In the last 5 years, our benefits have decreased, while the push, more faster, and took this company to the top. If he looses Sept 28, who will pay his taxes? You think he will pass it on to the customer?

He's not afraid of unions, but yet, regional management are all over the map, spending millions to try to extinguish the fire. w

Who knows what he will do, but again, they created this, not us.

And ill agree with that in a heartbeat. Fx brought all of this on themselves 100%
The scorecard. What genius came up with that?
I wish they would honestly take a look at the complaints, and do what is right, other than keeping the union out, just for its own sake.

Glad to see you have a high opinion of yourself & your craft. These guys here sticking there necks out to try & make it better. If does work out the only thing you will be sticking out is your hand....

At least be honest. Yes, truck driving, at a dependable, safe, and efficient level is somewhat hard to maintain. But, on that same note, we basically trained ourselves, over time, in this craft. Not many other professions have that luxury. Basically, 4 weeks training, and we are in the field. Doctors need a minimum of 8yrs of school before they see dime one.
And quite a few of our road guys make close to 100k a year, while being home every night, working only 5 days a week. Not a bad deal.

As for the "guys sticking their necks out to make it better" . Well, that is yet to be seen. So far, union LtL has been a massive failure. Thats a FACT.
Lastly, I run the same daily risks that they do, and so does every other driver.
I honestly try to do my best at Fx, every day. Not for Fx, but for the customer, and myself. Id have the same work ethic, no matter what carrier I drive for. So dont try to lump the non union guys into the "sit on the sidelines" catagory while you and the other selfless, and hard working YES crowd presume to be on the front lines, in the trenches.

Bottom line, I want to see all of us stay employed, and I feel that the union will see Fx shrink in both size, and profit.

At least be honest. Yes, truck driving, at a dependable, safe, and efficient level is somewhat hard to maintain. But, on that same note, we basically trained ourselves, over time, in this craft. Not many other professions have that luxury. Basically, 4 weeks training, and we are in the field. Doctors need a minimum of 8yrs of school before they see dime one.
And quite a few of our road guys make close to 100k a year, while being home every night, working only 5 days a week. Not a bad deal.

As for the "guys sticking their necks out to make it better" . Well, that is yet to be seen. So far, union LtL has been a massive failure. Thats a FACT.
Lastly, I run the same daily risks that they do, and so does every other driver.
I honestly try to do my best at Fx, every day. Not for Fx, but for the customer, and myself. Id have the same work ethic, no matter what carrier I drive for. So dont try to lump the non union guys into the "sit on the sidelines" catagory while you and the other selfless, and hard working YES crowd presume to be on the front lines, in the trenches.
You put yourself on the fence many posts ago.... As far as union ltl it's been good to me for the last 21 years....ups package/freight don't seem to have it that bad either....

You put yourself on the fence many posts ago.... As far as union ltl it's been good to me for the last 21 years....ups package/freight don't seem to have it that bad either....
And it has admittedly worked well in some regards. LtL is just not one of them.
Id like to see 2 other big carriers try it on for 2 years before we commit.

No Union

I've said it before I'll say it again, there will no Union at FedEx Freight. I'm not being a doubting Thomas. There's to many guy's here that are afraid of loosing their high paying job's. Fred Smith will not let a union threw His Door's of His company. (The Pilot's Union is a different matter):coffee1:
With that said, you guy's have issues with management that need fixing, No real raise in what 4 year's now (they FDX keep raising your health benefits) No solid rule book to follow(always changing rules, terminals constantly changing rules to fit their need's) score card!!! Stupid write ups, Oh and what about the SCM's puppet squad. You guy's have issues but every company does nowaday's.:grouphug:

I've said it before I'll say it again, there will no Union at FedEx Freight. I'm not being a doubting Thomas. There's to many guy's here that are afraid of loosing their high paying job's. Fred Smith will not let a union threw His Door's of His company. (The Pilot's Union is a different matter):coffee1:

The pilots are Freds actual friends, we are not.

Have you heard the term around Fx, the "Dirty 30"?
The 30 ORIGINAL pilots for FxE.
Pure Fx royalty.

You got up early Friday morning, drove to the hall and listen to their message and received free coffee and donuts. You really are a cheap date. I hope the coffee and donuts were union made. When Fedex feeds you, your usually on the clock.
No I'm not on the clock when they feed I'm generally on my mandated lunch break. Then I hook and go back home.:cool: