FedEx Freight | what happened? This was a fire storm with organizing

And ill agree with that in a heartbeat. Fx brought all of this on themselves 100%
The scorecard. What genius came up with that?
I wish they would honestly take a look at the complaints, and do what is right, other than keeping the union out, just for its own sake.

Get over the scorecard bull crap. It is over and done with. A mistake was made and management admitted to the mistake. The problem with the scorecard was that about 50 % of the driver didn't like it and 50 % did, but the 50 % that didn't like it made a stick about it.

Get over the scorecard bull crap. It is over and done with. A mistake was made and management admitted to the mistake. The problem with the scorecard was that about 50 % of the driver didn't like it and 50 % did, but the 50 % that didn't like it made a stick about it.

Now THAT is the talk of a manager.

You show me one single driver that was in favor of it, other than some fossil of a road relic that comes in daily to a hooked set, and does a 620mi meet and turn.

Because it sure as hell wasn't a city guy that delivers in a downtown metro area.

Have the drivers which were fired due to this mistake been rehired?

Still under the impression that you have Fedex by the balls.

Its got momentum now. After(if) it passes, and Fred reroutes all freight around your barn, and contracts out the rest, the momentum will die pretty quickly.

Have you ever noticed you can smell bs way before you ever see it!

If FedEx reroutes freight we will file a complaint with NLRB. Fedex will then have to prove that it was to save money and not a retaliation for union. If they cannot prove the NLRB will make them move freight back!

As for purchase! If purchase increases after vote we will file a complaint with NLRB and they will look at purchase levels before and after the vote and make FedEx go back to amount they were using before vote!

2 things here. Either you are putting bare faced lies on here or you or ignorant to the laws of the land! Either way it's a bs post!

If you are knowingly posting lies then you are no better than management in my eyes! If you are posting without fact then you are just ignorant to the laws and should educate yourself before you post!

Its not 1996 ANYMORE the laws have changed!!! So educate or please don't post ANYMORE!

Have you ever noticed you can smell bs way before you ever see it!

If FedEx reroutes freight we will file a complaint with NLRB. Fedex will then have to prove that it was to save money and not a retaliation for union. If they cannot prove the NLRB will make them move freight back!

As for purchase! If purchase increases after vote we will file a complaint with NLRB and they will look at purchase levels before and after the vote and make FedEx go back to amount they were using before vote!

2 things here. Either you are putting bare faced lies on here or you or ignorant to the laws of the land! Either way it's a bs post!

If you are knowingly posting lies then you are no better than management in my eyes! If you are posting without fact then you are just ignorant to the laws and should educate yourself before you post!

Its not 1996 ANYMORE the laws have changed!!! So educate or please don't post ANYMORE!
You think that Fx dosent have a Legion of lawyers on retainer that can prove, they were saving money? Id bet they could produce enough paperwork to tie up litigation for months, at a moments notice, and likely would have it prepared wayyy before they made a move.

File a complaint? Ok. Meantime, what are you going to do? Wait at home while it pans out?
Hang in your closet and just think about Christmas, and birthday cake. Meanwhile, ill be in the real world.

You want to put stipulations and restrictions on postings, look at yourself. If anyone is promising something that cant be delivered, its the YES crowd.

Im not sure whats worse, ignorance, or being naive.

Its got momentum now. After(if) it passes, and Fred reroutes all freight around your barn, and contracts out the rest, the momentum will die pretty quickly.
I don't think anybody has anyone by the balls, it is gaining momentum, but if freight is rerouted around a newly unionized barn, let's say its the first to go and a terminal of 100 drivers (to keep it simple math) How many voted yes? There will be a percentage that wanted nothing to do with the union, yet they will be penalized by that type reaction. (lets split it 60/40) Do you really think FS will do that to a large number of drivers who didn't want this but are compelled to adhere? Stick it to escentially innocents? A part of me wants to believe theres no way he or the high ups would alienate everyone by doing that.....(the other I hate to answer) which is what would happen one would think (except for the few ardent believers) And then the movement steamrolls? Or really gets nasty amongst ourselves? So the only alternative is to forget it all, suck it up, and take it as it comes....or hit the road? One thing is for sure. The first few terminals are to be commended for being brave enough and willing to give it a go. Pro or Con. (spare me any mention of stupid naive etc, it is willing and brave)

You think that Fx dosent have a Legion of lawyers on retainer that can prove, they were saving money? Id bet they could produce enough paperwork to tie up litigation for months, at a moments notice, and likely would have it prepared wayyy before they made a move.

File a complaint? Ok. Meantime, what are you going to do? Wait at home while it pans out?
Hang in your closet and just think about Christmas, and birthday cake. Meanwhile, ill be in the real world.

You want to put stipulations and restrictions on postings, look at yourself. If anyone is promising something that cant be delivered, its the YES crowd.

Im not sure whats worse, ignorance, or being naive.

IGNORANCE!! Because I'm not naive! The laws are written in black and white! Your assumptions are not! ( well they are on TB but you know what I mean.)

IGNORANCE!! Because I'm not naive! The laws are written in black and white! Your assumptions are not! ( well they are on TB but you know what I mean.)

Even if what they would do is illegal, which would be a matter of opinion for a judge. He is still right the litigation could take for ever

That would be against the law and when collective bargaining eventually begins... that would be considered unfair labor practice and would bite them in the ass. Once your center has enough cards signed and files with the NLRB and a letter of protection is issued, the company can not for the next 42 days reroute around you, close you, outsource you or otherwise, until the election to vote yes or no for a union is held.... If they do, they will have a lot to answer to.

yes it will be a dog fight, to say the least. I'm guessing most of you know of CF/ Conway, so what do you think FedEx will name their non union ltl after the union gets in? FedEx
National LTL again?

That would be against the law and when collective bargaining eventually begins... that would be considered unfair labor practice and would bite them in the ass. Once your center has enough cards signed and files with the NLRB and a letter of protection is issued, the company can not for the next 42 days reroute around you, close you, outsource you or otherwise, until the election to vote yes or no for a union is held.... If they do, they will have a lot to answer to.

Yes to some extent, but all I hear is Fedex thinks they're above the law or that they think they can do what ever they want. Then you think they will just roll over and take it, they will fight I would bet on it.

42 whole days, huh. A month and some change.

Wheew, at least its a good long while they will be held off.

I agree, everybody thinks they are going to get a yes vote and Fedex is going to say "well heck you win what do you want" I think its going to be a dog fight.

It is your way of thinking that makes this take longer than it should. They will have no choice but to negotiate.... they can't cry poor like YRC because just like UPS, FedEx has billions and they have already shot themselves with all the anti-union propaganda that blames unions for ruining other companies. Those claims are slanderous and can not be proven because they are not true and when they eventually sit across the table to negotiate our first contract... all of those over the top incorrect slanderous comments will come back to haunt them and considered unfaithful collective bargaining and anything that is in arbitration will go in the unions favor because of these days of making claims about the Teamsters union that are untrue.

42 whole days, huh. A month and some change.

Wheew, at least its a good long while they will be held off.

Considering the union usually won't file until they have 60-70%... I think the vote will go in the union's favor and then you have the length of the contract or protection of reroute around you, close you, outsource you or otherwise my brother

It is your way of thinking that makes this take longer than it should. They will have no choice but to negotiate.... they can't cry poor like YRC because just like UPS, FedEx has billions and they have already shot themselves with all the anti-union propaganda that blames unions for ruining other companies. Those claims are slanderous and can not be proven because they are not true and when they eventually sit across the table to negotiate our first contract... all of those over the top incorrect slanderous comments will come back to haunt them and considered unfaithful collective bargaining and anything that is in arbitration will go in the unions favor because of these days of making claims about the Teamsters union that are untrue.

I'm not following you, it has nothing to do with my thinking. I'm just telling you Fedex will fight for a long time before they negotiate. If they follow legal channels of fighting it it will not affect their bargaining positions at all. I also get a kick out of how you think the Teamsters will take the moral high ground. And by the way what slanderous comments are you referring?

I'm not following you, it has nothing to do with my thinking. I'm just telling you Fedex will fight for a long time before they negotiate. If they follow legal channels of fighting it it will not affect their bargaining positions at all. I also get a kick out of how you think the Teamsters will take the moral high ground. And by the way what slanderous comments are you referring?

Aye.
Their record speaks for itself. What examples of success will they use?
Slander is right.
Fx could tie up contract negotiations for a long time. How would they feel then? Paying union dues, but working without a contract for, say, 4years?
Sounds peachy!

I agree, everybody thinks they are going to get a yes vote and Fedex is going to say "well heck you win what do you want" I think its going to be a dog fight.

I agree, but it's a fight worth fighting for! I want job security for me and my fellow coworkers! You talk about people losing their jobs if the union gets in. Have you had blinders on for the past 5 yrs? We have done everything FedEx has wanted for years and still over 2000 people have lost their jobs!

The merger! Over 1700 people lost their jobs, but the worst thing about the merger was they were hiring right up till the announcement knowing the would be laying them off!

Lets not forget about the rail! What another 600 to 1000 lost their jobs! Some of which just moved to keep their jobs only to be told a year later that freight going on rail and they can't dovetail because freight is on train not going to another center!

We have done everything they wanted and people have still lost their jobs!

Let me guess you have the attitude of (as long as it don't affect me I don't care) attitude. We had guys like that too. They were laid off last November! Good hard working men and women! Sooner or later your number will be up too. When it is don't say a word, just turn your badge and keys in and walk out the door. While your sitting in your car looking at the terminal for the last time I want you to remember back to 2014 when you could have made a difference and you could have drawn a line in the sand and said enough! Instead you chose to turn a blind eye when you could have helped get job security for you and your coworkers.

Just drive away and shake your head because hind sight always 20/20!

Who are they going to reroute to? Take my terminal, EPH . Go where? CIN across the river? They are voting 4 days before us. How about the next closest terminal, SBR? They petitioned too. Maybe bypass them to go further up NJ to say, Newark and south newark? Oh wait, they filed too. How about forget jersey and go further west into pa, maybe reroute to NHS because they're a big hub and...oh they also filed....what about heading south? We can send all the freight down to Charlotte and Louisville and richmond! That will show those union clowns and ...oh come on! They filed too???!!