Yellow | What Happened To Northern Flash????

Geeeez. I read the start of this thread on Thursday then left for the weekend. I didn't expect 38 posts over the weekend or I would have commented then, to end it. Geeeez!

I'm still alive. And NO, I didn't get banned or even reprimanded. (but I probably wasn't very far from it.) So I made a decision to just shut up and read, instead of getting banned.

So move along folks, there is nothing left to see here. (on this thread)

But thanks for the concern SuperCourse.
:Omg_I_gets_present_ Well shoot! Like sitting in a traffic jam and when ya finally get to the front you find out somebodies wheel fell off, thats all. Common thing down here but probably not seen on your travels through Elmira I bet. :coffee1:

You must be talking about someone else because from where I sit you weren't even close !! If we all got along all the time what fun would that be ? We need input from ALL MEMBERS !!! And you are a Great Member !

Geeeez. I read the start of this thread on Thursday then left for the weekend. I didn't expect 38 posts over the weekend or I would have commented then, to end it. Geeeez!

I'm still alive. And NO, I didn't get banned or even reprimanded. (but I probably wasn't very far from it.) So I made a decision to just shut up and read, instead of getting banned.

Go Tigers!!

Isn't that the name the Red Wings use when they play da base-a-ball in their off season to stay somewhat in shape? Sure looks funny when they use their hockey sticks to double as da base-a-ball bats!!!haha

Glad you're back NF. Your abrupt departure had me concerned you may have been sent to Spaghettiville. The reaction here serves to point out what a loving and concerned group of people the YRC family is.:9529:

you know the drill, it's all fun and games till someone gets hurt. Then it's hilarious

Lets be honest, the only thing that ever gets hurt on here is the yes ladies feelings if someone posts something negative about their beloved company or bozzman!!!:stirthepot:

Other than the inaccurate information of post #31, this is all heart warming and makes me well up just a bit.:biglaugh: But there are times that it seems opposing viewpoints are not welcome on this forum. I don't get on here to hurt people's feelings or agitate people. But, I admit that I am very opinionated. And to be honest with you, there probably isn't anyone on here that can convince me that I should jump on board the "YRC Good Ship Lollipop". I'm a "facts" kind of person, not a pie in the sky, wishful thinking believer in "forward looking statements". So take it or leave it.

My roots are at Holland, as most of you know, so I've always been careful of making negative comments about any other company on here. Personally, I feel a brotherhood between YRC drivers, New Penn drivers, Reddaway drivers, and Holland drivers because of the fact that we are all under the same umbrella. Obviously that's not the case for everyone. Some even despise their sister companies for whatever petty reasons they can come up with, whether it's jealousy, envy, or just blowing off steam. And some can't debate facts, so the best that they can come up with is comments like......"Go back to your own forum" and call all opposing opinions "Gloom and Doomers". I've always screened what I say on here because I DO realize that I am just a guest on your board. (and their are a few obvious indicators that us "outsiders" aren't welcome here.) I don't bash YRC employees for any reason whatsoever, not only because I consider them brothers of mine, but also because it's not them that has screwed this company up, it's corporate....YRCW!

Now for my :soapbox:
In my opinion many of you need to look up the term BROTHERHOOD and it's definition. Not just when it comes to the Teamsters either. I'm talking about the whole trucking industry in general. The trucking industry used to be a Brotherhood for all of us....Union and Non-Union. Nowadays it's just constant attacking of each others companies and the Brotherhood is falling to the wayside. We can't even listen to each other's viewpoint with an open mind anymore. The only goal seems to be to silence your opponents. The intolerance that the employees of this industry have nowadays is shameful. The employees in this industry are under assault, but we sit back and spar back and forth amongst ourselves, while our companies and the politicians kick our ass. So go ahead, keep throwing all of the old traditions of trucking brotherhood away and keep up the petty bitterness among ourselves and see what happens in the future. And don't think that I'm not aware of the "brotherhood" that truckers have had over the years either because I started out riding cross country with my father as a young kid and have been involved in this industry my entire life.....I'm a third generation trucker. We need to wake up before it's too late.

Sorry for the rant.

Glad you're back NF. Your abrupt departure had me concerned you may have been sent to Spaghettiville. The reaction here serves to point out what a loving and concerned group of people the YRC family is.:9529:
No Spaghettiville for me. It was self imposed. I follow the rules the best that I can. But, some don't like to hear the opposing opinions, and I won't be boarding (your avatar) anytime soon. The silence is for the better. But not long enough for some, I'm sure.

:Omg_I_gets_present_ Well shoot! Like sitting in a traffic jam and when ya finally get to the front you find out somebodies wheel fell off, thats all. Common thing down here but probably not seen on your travels through Elmira I bet. :coffee1:
You are more likely to see one of the train cars missing a wheel than a four wheeler missing a wheel in Elmira. The train track has more cars per day than HWY M-32 does.:wavey:

Darn Summer's over already up there?
lol-045.gif

Other than the inaccurate information of post #31, this is all heart warming and makes me well up just a bit.:biglaugh: But there are times that it seems opposing viewpoints are not welcome on this forum. I don't get on here to hurt people's feelings or agitate people. But, I admit that I am very opinionated. And to be honest with you, there probably isn't anyone on here that can convince me that I should jump on board the "YRC Good Ship Lollipop". I'm a "facts" kind of person, not a pie in the sky, wishful thinking believer in "forward looking statements". So take it or leave it.

My roots are at Holland, as most of you know, so I've always been careful of making negative comments about any other company on here. Personally, I feel a brotherhood between YRC drivers, New Penn drivers, Reddaway drivers, and Holland drivers because of the fact that we are all under the same umbrella. Obviously that's not the case for everyone. Some even despise their sister companies for whatever petty reasons they can come up with, whether it's jealousy, envy, or just blowing off steam. And some can't debate facts, so the best that they can come up with is comments like......"Go back to your own forum" and call all opposing opinions "Gloom and Doomers". I've always screened what I say on here because I DO realize that I am just a guest on your board. (and their are a few obvious indicators that us "outsiders" aren't welcome here.) I don't bash YRC employees for any reason whatsoever, not only because I consider them brothers of mine, but also because it's not them that has screwed this company up, it's corporate....YRCW!

In my opinion many of you need to look up the term BROTHERHOOD and it's definition. Not just when it comes to the Teamsters either. I'm talking about the whole trucking industry in general. The trucking industry used to be a Brotherhood for all of us....Union and Non-Union. Nowadays it's just constant attacking of each others companies and the Brotherhood is falling to the wayside. We can't even listen to each other's viewpoint with an open mind anymore. The only goal seems to be to silence your opponents. The intolerance that the employees of this industry have nowadays is shameful. The employees in this industry are under assault, but we sit back and spar back and forth amongst ourselves, while our companies and the politicians kick our ass. So go ahead, keep throwing all of the old traditions of trucking brotherhood away and keep up the petty bitterness among ourselves and see what happens in the future. And don't think that I'm not aware of the "brotherhood" that truckers have had over the years either because I started out riding cross country with my father as a young kid and have been involved in this industry my entire life.....I'm a third generation trucker. We need to wake up before it's too late.

Sorry for the rant.

Ahhhh, ya big lug! Its a good thing you've got this forum to be very opinionated on because we all know that at home, everyday is a honey-do day!:hide:

Didn't SC tell you that the, "Good Ship Lollipop" name was changed by jack to, "The Love Boat"!!!
Or as all the company lifers refer to it, "The Come Boat"!:biglaugh:

For like the last 100 years everybody in Northern Michigan has had one. Still made in the U. P.
30064_RPL.jpg-312x312
Do you mean that these aren't popular around the whole country? We don't wear them all year.....let's not exaggerate. We can put them away for July and most of August.:bgroovy:

Do you mean that these aren't popular around the whole country? We don't wear them all year.....let's not exaggerate. We can put them away for July and most of August.:bgroovy:
To my dismay I baught a couple of cases last time up there and figured I could sell em to the Snow Birds in Key West. Kept hearing "Boyfriend already baught me one" Sorry. Ended up given them away at the Soo 500 for free. Everybody had one up there too...go figure. :frown:

Sorry for the rant.
Great post, Northern Flash hopefully it penetrates some peoples heads!!