What happened?

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
This was work today. Two weeks ago it was sunny 60 degrees totally dry then this is what I get today, and the good news is it only gets better from here :)))!

It wasn't 17 inches it was though very slippery and the trucks don't do very well in the slippery snow that's for sure. Trailer didn't want to go where I wanted to point it to go.

75 last Monday, next day was 25 degrees. Don't believe it's been above freezing since.
I can deal with cold, you all can keep the snow though. Can't imagine 17 inches. Would completely shut KC down.

I'll tell you what happened. ...you didn't deliver any of that beer to my place. .... lol

Winter is here.....

Seriously, what happened? You live in Cleveland, along the lake. Winter happened, LOL. A little late this year.

One of the drivers from the Miller Lite Distributor said to me "I'm not ready for this crap just yet."

I had 14 inches in my back yard. ... I live a quarter of a mile from lake Erie. ...in Erie

But yet 20 miles south in Edinboro they got maybe 2. And Meadville got a inch. Love the lake effect, 14 inches in one place and 5 miles down the road not even a flurry, LOL. Remember those day of running around Erie and NY(Jamestown area). 5 miles of white, blinding snow and then 30 miles of clear skies and back to 5 miles of white stuff, LOL. Don't miss it.

people in KC don't know how to drive in 1 inches of snow.

That's no lie. I've seen a dusting cause all kinds of problems if it's early in the season and happens during rush hour. Thankfully our winters are pretty dry for the most part. Just doesn't happen often enough here for people to practice. We'll get the occasional big event with 8-12 inches, but then we'll have years with no snow at all.
Local governments dont plan or budget for it either. Late last year we had 8in but was a full 2 days before the first plow came down my street, keep in mind I'm a normal suburban subdivision. KCMO proper is even worse, there's always news footage of some neighborhood group shoveling the streets themselves because the city "forgot".

It also sucks when the talk about snow and nothing happens like today. No we have salt on the roadways for what? Just wait until it gets closer to figure out how much stuff is going to fall.

Sounds like mn. My favorite is when they call for 6 inches of snow and then you end up with a foot of snow. Or when they call for a foot and you end up with 2 feet

It's supposed to snow tonight and all day tomorrow I have to go to bed now so I can wake up at 4:00am for my ride to work in the snow ha-ha!

It's supposed to snow tonight and all day tomorrow I have to go to bed now so I can wake up at 4:00am for my ride to work in the snow ha-ha!
How much sleep do you need? Remember to take your shovel with you, that way you can clear a path to push the wheeler through, or dig out if you get stuck.

I took a small nap I was up at 4:00am this morning had to go do some work and settle some old score down at the corrugated board plants. I will bring a metal shovel with me to shovel a path and dig my self out.