FedEx Freight | What if???

On the contrary, the union "thugs" will take pity on his gutless non union butt, and buy him a new pair of kneepads. Once enough terminals go union, the Bossman will be really angry and stressed, and his :banana: will require extra attention from this non union punk.

Out of curiosity how is this helpful or productive, I realize some people think its funny (and I'm sarcastic and a little crude myself). But really, you don't agree with him I get it, debunk him. But this is just school yard nonsense. If I were going into any kinda serious situation I would not want this coming from my side.

Brake timing. The rearmost unit sets first, then progresses towards the tractor. Fractions of a second, but it does happen.
That makes no sense. When you pull the trailer brake knob the air is cut off at the supply which means the first trailer in line sets first.

In any case, if your brakes are set, all I have to do is push the dolly brake knob in and I can pull the release handle. My point is, stretch them all you want but be sure and check your pins when you get back in your truck.

Guardrail

That makes no sense. When you pull the trailer brake knob the air is cut off at the supply which means the first trailer in line sets first.

In any case, if your brakes are set, all I have to do is push the dolly brake knob in and I can pull the release handle. My point is, stretch them all you want but be sure and check your pins when you get back in your truck.

Guardrail

The trailer air tank doesn't empty, a inversion valve sets the brakes. Moot point. Always check your unit before moving.

The trailer air tank doesn't empty, a inversion valve sets the brakes. Moot point. Always check your unit before moving.
No one said anything about the trailer air tank emptying out. The signal for the brakes to set is the immediate drop in air pressure to the supply on the emergency side. When the air pressure drops, the quick release valve dumps the air holding the emergency spring away from the S cam, setting the brakes. The first trailer to sense the drop in pressure will be the closest trailer to the brake knob.

Guardrail

Without going into all the fmvss 121 regs , your emergency system has to act just like the service system. If you lose supply pressure you dont want that rear box passing you when the brakes come on by themselves. Look, I dont want my first post here to be drama.

Even without tension, you still cant pull the pin on the national dollies. :ranting2:
If you're referring to the ex-Watkins red dollies, you're absolutely right. I stay far, far away from them if I can help it. I saw one of the Silver Eagles that'd been converted to the lever type, but most are that awful straight pull that you have to use a bungee cord to keep open. The older dollies have a safety catch that make them even more difficult.

To the OP's point, I'm no fan of the IBT but those kind of tactics just aren't used anymore. Speedy Transport is non-union and the Holland drivers don't trash their trucks for it. There's no point in destroying another man's livelihood just because he doesn't have a card. The bad old days are gone, driver.

I think to my self why should it get ugly if the company does'nt make it so? I here what they are saying and it doesn't add up. They pay drivers on two scales I know of depending what terminal You work at I think it is horse sh## a guy gets paid 10% more then me doing the same job and he lives at point A and I live at point B pass each other in the night twice. Work the dock with a guy who makes more then you and you've been there 19yrs. Fedex Freight did this to try and divide employees but score card and hours of on hold with central making our time worthless to them has brought us together more then I ever thought.

Not sure, got the picture off of the net. The Old man had one with a five and a three though. He could shift those sticks!

Not sure, got the picture off of the net. The Old man had one with a five and a three though. He could shift those sticks!

First trucking job I had my normal tractor had a ten speed.
Boss calls me one afternoon and asked me if I had ever driven a four and four.
I said no, he said you might want to come learn how because you're taking one up into the mountains tonight.
Not a fun trip. Think I could have learned to like it though.