FedEx Freight | What is your main reason to vote in a union at FedEx Freight ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valid point. We make do the best we can with who we have at work on any given day. Just like the occasional hole in the lineup.

When that day arrived, I realized I would have to be a benefit to my employer in other ways. Did Joe Torre expect to take the field his entire life? Nope. When he couldn't hold his own with the young guys he used his knowledge and maturity to manage. When other people could put in the time and effort managing better than he could, he proved his value to the Yankees as an executive. You expect to still have your place in the lineup just because of what you used to do. Bull crap. You were compensated fairly for what you used to do. Perhaps that sounds a bit rough, but this sense of entitlement that the older generation complains about the younger generation having is exactly the mentality being exhibited by top seniority guys who feel entitled to the gravy.

In a union outfit, SENORITY PREVAILS. If it didnt, the company would abuse the hell out of all situations. Example, senor road driver with 28 years has the senority to run a 600 mile run five days a week at .68cpm. While a junior driver has 1 yr and can only get a 335 mile run daily at .44cpm. Now if senority didnt prevail the company can switch drivers on the runs and save a crap load of money. But the vcompany would "never" do that. They would only do it for drivers who get the job done faster. Give me a break dude. Ur just a union hater and are probley a right wing whack job. Hell u probley got the first penny u found on the ground lol

So if you have an older, senior driver that in your opinion can't keep up with the younger junior drivers, you withold work from them and give it to the young bloods?

I give work to those who can do it. No sense giving you a job you can't do, and no sense in wasting another persons' abilities by giving them a job a baboon could have done.

In a union outfit, SENORITY PREVAILS. If it didnt, the company would abuse the hell out of all situations

Not the case with many unions Southside. Step outside your little world and see how many other unions' contracts read. What advantages are attached, and what aren't attached to seniority. When seniority prevails to a fault, the employee abuses the hell out situations.

southside said:
Ur just a union hater and are probley a right wing whack job. Hell u probley got the first penny u found on the ground lol

Nope, I am anti-Teamster. The Screen actors guild, MLB Players Association, most Police Officers' Associations, IAFF (fire fighters' union), those are mostly good. Heck, even the IBEW has it mostly right. Lots of trade unions aren't too bad either.

As to my political leanings....Libertarian. I am guessing your are one of those "I can't do anything for myself, I need somebody else to protect me from everything big, bad and evil. In fact, I need to suckle on the government teat because I am a victim of everything and responsible for nothing." As to the first penny I found on the ground, I was naive enough to give that one away to some beggar, didn't realize I was just an enabler, nor that one day I'd be chatting with him on truckingboards.

Good afternoon sunshine! I see you can't debate my opinions, so you just have to throw your insults out there when you have nothing intelligent to add.

Last edited by a moderator:
I give work to those who can do it. No sense giving you a job you can't do, and no sense in wasting another persons' abilities by giving them a job a baboon could have done.

Not the case with many unions Southside. Step outside your little world and see how many other unions' contracts read. What advantages are attached, and what aren't attached to seniority. When seniority prevails to a fault, the employee abuses the hell out situations.

Nope, I am anti-Teamster. The Screen actors guild, MLB Players Association, most Police Officers' Associations, IAFF (fire fighters' union), those are mostly good. Heck, even the IBEW has it mostly right. Lots of trade unions aren't too bad either.

As to my political leanings....Libertarian. I am guessing your are one of those "I can't do anything for myself, I need somebody else to protect me from everything big, bad and evil. In fact, I need to suckle on the government teat because I am a victim of everything and responsible for nothing." As to the first penny I found on the ground, I was naive enough to give that one away to some beggar, didn't realize I was just an enabler, nor that one day I'd be chatting with him on truckingboards.

Well i dont know if you noticed, but this is the "truckingboards", so I am talking about "truckings" unions, im glad u r a part of or involved in other unions, im proud of you. But when i talk about senority prevails, im talking trucking. You remind me so much of a guy who posts on the ABF part of tb. Always right and never wrong. Yrc-atm knows who im talking about. Heck u might have a sibling out there u arent aware of lol

Good afternoon sunshine! I see you can't debate my opinions, so you just have to throw your insults how there when you have nothing intelligent to add.

I pay taxes, my kids and wife were never on welfare, ive been on unemployment once, for 2 months in the winter of 08, and ive been working and paying taxes since my first child was born in 96, when i was sixteen. I am a pro labor, voter, i dont care if my vote is cast for either party, as long as he or she has a track record of voting on bills, that have to do with the working class. And your little rant on me, was really good, too bad its %100 untrue. But you do have a way with words. Btw ive worked for both non and union jobs my whole life. My first job was at Jewel-Osco. A union Growercy store when i was 16. In chicago, and yes they are still open, and yes they are still union

I am aware of where I am posting. When you call somebody "anti-union" that is a wide sweeping statement, and if it isn't accurate, I am going to clarify.

I have no issue stating I am wrong when I am. In fact, I've admitted so on this very thread just a day or so ago.

My father retired IBEW. I am not going to accept being labeled something I am not.

The reason they show up like that is because it's written policy in a real handbook not on a ghost rule book. We have a dress code to and it's subject to change on a moments notice and only applies to who the red shirts have a hard on for.
Without agreed to rules the company can and will fire you for anything. Without the union there is no job security.

What part of the dress code has changed? If you think a Red Shirt has It in for you, just wait till you voice your opinion in a union meeting that your so called brothers don't agree with. This union thing is bigger then just the playing rules. It is only as strong as its parts. Are you guys willing to go all the way with it? Because if you fail, it will be a devastating loss for the rank and file.

Good afternoon sunshine! I see you can't debate my opinions, so you just have to throw your insults out there when you have nothing intelligent to add.
Youre not anti union you are just anti teamster. You dont give a reason why. You just are. And then you give the generic anti union talking point of needing someone else to fight your battles. So I suppose you never have or will hire a lawyer. And you end your post with a complete bs story of giving your first found penny to a beggar. You are as phony as they come.

I still think He works for FedEx. He has already said he gets checks every month from them and other company's. As far as I know FedEx does not pay people to ship by us. But they would pay someone to tell all these BS stories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...Ur just a union hater and are probley a right wing whack job...

But wait just minute, I'd be considered a right wing whack job by some...But in truth much more libertarian.

Back on topic. Under the current system we are very under compensated. and the trend continues. This is from Nov, 2013 before UPS Freight's very respectable contract.

Read it Here

There is a lot of room for improvement here.

what happened to the boards, it all union talk. do you know fedex has big pockets and and they can move freight to where ever they want, this is going to really hurt the bottom guys

what happened to the boards, it all union talk. do you know fedex has big pockets and and they can move freight to where ever they want, this is going to really hurt the bottom guys

Wrong!! It will benefit all of us. If you would read all the post you might learn something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.