What we really want

And they didn't ask you to work for them... You asked them to hire you. It floors me the entitlement you teamsters think you deserve. They own the company.. why should they not profit off of the work of their employees? This is what is wrong with the picture:
You accepted the job working for them
How could you possibly feel the right to dictate to them how they should operate, or how much they should share with you?
If you don't like the deal, leave. plain and simple.

Imagine hiring a plumber, them doing a job ata set rate.
You now need more work done and the plumber says "sure I'll do the work, but not at the old wage, and not with the same conditions." The new conditions will cost you more money and take funds away from other household expenses. Would just blindly accept the new costs, or would you find a cheaper plumber, who can do the same job, with the same end result?

Just go back to work adapt to the changing environment. Stop feeling entitled to more than you deserve. You deserve to come to work, and get a paycheck. Any thing else is "BENEFIT" that the company provides. They know that with less benefits they will lose some of you, but the cost vs. benefit must keep the business profitable.

And lastly, do some economic research. The millions that the company has to set aside is coming from something else. Further reducing the "profitability" of the company. Profitability and profit are 2 different things. The company may make a lot of money, but if you spend all of that money the company has no profitability and will fail.

Every thing you said is so true. The Teamsters just want to close OAKH down, they want the business to fail because they aren't getting what they feel they are entitled to period.
They are lucky to even have a job due to the economic times right now. But that is not good enough, they have this entitlement attitude just because they are the big bad termsters. OAKH has cut their employees in half and they have gone very lean to stay a float due to the strike started and caused by the nasty teamsters and they are still complaining. You could give them everything they asked for and they still would find fault and feel entitlement for more. They are never at fault, it is always someone else they blame. They don't take responsibility for anything. Just enjoy destroying everything they touch period. They are evil. It will be a very long time before OAKH will be making the kind of money again to be able to give the teamsters what they want. If they don't have it, the teamsters don't get it. It is the teamsters own fault they are where they are today and they still just complain.

Every thing you said is so true. The Teamsters just want to close OAKH down, they want the business to fail because they aren't getting what they feel they are entitled to period.
They are lucky to even have a job due to the economic times right now. But that is not good enough, they have this entitlement attitude just because they are the big bad termsters. OAKH has cut their employees in half and they have gone very lean to stay a float due to the strike started and caused by the nasty teamsters and they are still complaining.

This Strike was caused by Unfair Labor Practices by the company. Majortrucker you've read all the
reasons for the strike, you see someone post against the Teamsters and you feel you have to get your jabs in even though they are not accurate. You are a company:butt kiss:, why can you not be a Man and come up with your own attacks against us, you appear to be a follower with very few ideas of your own.
Make decisions on your own, Get a set, and stop being a follower, take baby step if you need to. :loser:

This Strike was caused by Unfair Labor Practices by the company. Majortrucker you've read all the
reasons for the strike, you see someone post against the Teamsters and you feel you have to get your jabs in even though they are not accurate. You are a company:butt kiss:, why can you not be a Man and come up with your own attacks against us, you appear to be a follower with very few ideas of your own.
Make decisions on your own, Get a set, and stop being a follower, take baby step if you need to. :loser:

I think you should just worry about yourself. I can agree with whom ever I wish espeically when it echo's my own beliefs.

I think you should just worry about yourself. I can agree with whom ever I wish espeically when it echo's my own beliefs.
When you actually come up with something factual, and worth while then maybe some one may pay attention. Your obvious company:butt kiss: is very very old. Please develope a mind of your own, instead of spewing the company brain washing lies, and views. We know what joak harbor was / is like, it seems to me that you posted that you have not worked there so you obviously do not.
It's like a little kid argueing with their parents. They have no clue what they are argueing about they are just argueing.:loser:

What amazes me is how these pro company guys want to blame all the employees because they have incompetent management. You would think these guys would hire capable managers and go fishing rather than keep trying, time after time, to beat their employees into submission. They are such poor managers they think that just by getting rid of their current employees they can replace them with competent people that they can control with the severe lack of management skills they display. What they don't get is that competent employees don't want to work for incompetent managers without union protections.

Its like they think they are going to get people that will stand in line and say okay screw me whenever you want and I'll be your slave.:shrug::shrug:

When you actually come up with something factual, and worth while then maybe some one may pay attention. Your obvious company:butt kiss: is very very old. Please develope a mind of your own, instead of spewing the company brain washing lies, and views. We know what joak harbor was / is like, it seems to me that you posted that you have not worked there so you obviously do not.
It's like a little kid argueing with their parents. They have no clue what they are argueing about they are just argueing.:loser:

I never once said that I didn't work for OAKH, so get your facts straight before you tell me what I have said or not said. I have a mind of my own and my own thoughts and you are wrong the company is not lying or brain washing anyone. It is the evil teamters with a very long leagcy of crime of all kinds along with mob backing and murder. Seems to me your teamters are who is butt kissing and brain washing along with spuing evil and destroying everything they touch. The union is not needed or wanted. They were only brought in long ago for safety of employees..there are other agenies now that do that ...Safety Long hours, no breaks, unsafe conditions and accountability brought the unions in Treatment of workers was NOT, nor wages or pensions or health care contributions etc. There is OSHA, NLRB, FMCSA to over see this just in case you were not aware of it... so there for unions are not needed...
and to quote you "It's like a little kid arguing with their parents. They have no clue what they are arguing about they are just arguing"

I never once said that I didn't work for OAKH, so get your facts straight before you tell me what I have said or not said. I have a mind of my own and my own thoughts and you are wrong the company is not lying or brain washing anyone. It is the evil teamters with a very long leagcy of crime of all kinds along with mob backing and murder. Seems to me your teamters are who is butt kissing and brain washing along with spuing evil and destroying everything they touch. The union is not needed or wanted. They were only brought in long ago for safety of employees..there are other agenies now that do that ...Safety Long hours, no breaks, unsafe conditions and accountability brought the unions in Treatment of workers was NOT, nor wages or pensions or health care contributions etc. There is OSHA, NLRB, FMCSA to over see this just in case you were not aware of it... so there for unions are not needed...
and to quote you "It's like a little kid arguing with their parents. They have no clue what they are arguing about they are just arguing"

OK try this one on for size then company boy. If you are so dead set against the union why don't you go find yourself a job where the union is not associated? The union is wanted, and with the spoiled brats running the show it is also needed. See we are all entitled to out opinions. If it were not for the union do you really think that joak harbor would even treat you as good as they do right now? If you do you just keep on thinking that way. The vp's don't give a crap about you or any ather worker, all they care about is what they can screw you out of next. So unless you are management you are not as bright as you think. Regardless the companys days are numbered, the brats have already squandered it past recovery just watch this company is done. Maybe not in the next six months to a year, but they have ruined joak harbor and it is flailing bad.

OK try this one on for size then company boy. If you are so dead set against the union why don't you go find yourself a job where the union is not associated? The union is wanted, and with the spoiled brats running the show it is also needed. See we are all entitled to out opinions. If it were not for the union do you really think that joak harbor would even treat you as good as they do right now? If you do you just keep on thinking that way. The vp's don't give a crap about you or any ather worker, all they care about is what they can screw you out of next. So unless you are management you are not as bright as you think. Regardless the companys days are numbered, the brats have already squandered it past recovery just watch this company is done. Maybe not in the next six months to a year, but they have ruined joak harbor and it is flailing bad.

I don't believe, it but if it comes to pass in truth...Teamsters are at fault for it only distory...check back in history to see what it has done...

What amazes me is how these pro company guys want to blame all the employees because they have incompetent management. You would think these guys would hire capable managers and go fishing rather than keep trying, time after time, to beat their employees into submission. They are such poor managers they think that just by getting rid of their current employees they can replace them with competent people that they can control with the severe lack of management skills they display. What they don't get is that competent employees don't want to work for incompetent managers without union protections.

Its like they think they are going to get people that will stand in line and say okay screw me whenever you want and I'll be your slave.:shrug::shrug:

All I have seen yet in the way of incompetent workers are definitly ones that have someone protecting their job because if they did not, they would not have the job. Lazy, slow, uncoordinated who hide behind their protector so that their coworker has to work twice as hard cover their butt.

All I have seen yet in the way of incompetent workers are definitly ones that have someone protecting their job because if they did not, they would not have the job. Lazy, slow, uncoordinated who hide behind their protector so that their coworker has to work twice as hard cover their butt.

That is one of the best descriptions of management that I have seen so far. Blame it on someone else, always have a fall guy and if that doesn't work lie thru your teeth.

That is one of the best descriptions of management that I have seen so far. Blame it on someone else, always have a fall guy and if that doesn't work lie thru your teeth.

So true of management. It wasn't me. The guy below me screwed up. All the way down to blaming the workers.

you are right this is a real teamster. And what is wrong with that? We are here to stay. I hope you teamster wanna bees get a clue.:nutkick:

Never ever EVER want to be a Teamster. A horrid fate. What is wrong with that you say????. If I have to explain to you what is wrong with that.... :duh: :duh:

Never ever EVER want to be a Teamster. A horrid fate. What is wrong with that you say????. If I have to explain to you what is wrong with that.... :duh: :duh:

So what does the company give you that is so great? Do you have a permanent job or can they switch you whenever they see fit? Is your health care covering your family or are you spending more out of pocket? Plus the fact that now you have a 401 that is in the tank. You are struggling to make ends meet while your company is wasting money to try and remove the union.

If they would have just settled we would have all been money ahead.

The time is ripe, there's alot of inexpensive equipment available. With all the Union and customer support you all have, now's the time to put it to good use. Get together, use all that pent up rage and start your own company. You hate the VP's so much, become their competitors. You and the Union could write your own contract togther as an employee owned company and no one would have to lose out.

Just my opinion, but I think they are waiting for a regional LTL company to be run into the ground by its ummmm... management team. I guess the problems OHFL is going through now is proof of what happens when nepotism radiates upward. :nutkick:

And they didn't ask you to work for them... You asked them to hire you. It floors me the entitlement you teamsters think you deserve. They own the company.. why should they not profit off of the work of their employees? This is what is wrong with the picture:
You accepted the job working for them
How could you possibly feel the right to dictate to them how they should operate, or how much they should share with you?
If you don't like the deal, leave. plain and simple.

Imagine hiring a plumber, them doing a job ata set rate.
You now need more work done and the plumber says "sure I'll do the work, but not at the old wage, and not with the same conditions." The new conditions will cost you more money and take funds away from other household expenses. Would just blindly accept the new costs, or would you find a cheaper plumber, who can do the same job, with the same end result?

Just go back to work adapt to the changing environment. Stop feeling entitled to more than you deserve. You deserve to come to work, and get a paycheck. Any thing else is "BENEFIT" that the company provides. They know that with less benefits they will lose some of you, but the cost vs. benefit must keep the business profitable.

And lastly, do some economic research. The millions that the company has to set aside is coming from something else. Further reducing the "profitability" of the company. Profitability and profit are 2 different things. The company may make a lot of money, but if you spend all of that money the company has no profitability and will fail.

ohfl did ask me to work for them and i did accept the offer and climbed my way up from a dock worker to a driver but you are gonna have to take you own advice if you dont like working at a union job then keep on truckin you see we have the balls to stand up and fight to keep what we already have you have been misinformed about the teamsters you see every dues paying member is the union not just the elected officials. one step forwards and two steps back is not gonna work for me

the union is still needed and wanted by millions of people maybe even more world wide you see people like you are in the minority with your narrowminded beliefs just because unions helped get these agencies started doesnt mean we need to abandon having unions they are just another tool to help the working people that choose to have representation you do not have to join if you dont want to we are happy being represented and wish to stay that way