FedEx Freight | Whats the difference between Fedex and UPS for union

And abolishing the favoritism that runs rampant in non - union freight companies. And a guarantee that your seniority will be honored. And you will have to be dealt with in a professional manner or else you will have recourse available to you.

And abolishing the favoritism that runs rampant in non - union freight companies. And a guarantee that your seniority will be honored. And you will have to be dealt with in a professional manner or else you will have recourse available to you.

I'm sure this is elementary simpleton stuff, but from what I see, seniority is a thorn in their sides, it prevents some in management from doing anything they want to in order to relieve their immediate stress, they all want instant gratification in a sense, some of these people in management seem to approach things in an any thing goes no matter who they run over or throw under the bus manner. Meanwhile, all they do is **** on the one thing we have as drivers that has to matter, it is a cardinal rule among all the other things that should be off limits. You don't **** with seniority, period. Take that away and whats the point? That alone will mostly eliminate any issues of perceived favoritism (actual or misconstrued), among other things. Some in management have no respect for the fact that we are "Professionals" Some of them have no clue, care or fully appreciate all that a professional driver has to sacrifice, to give up, to adhere to, or endure, in order to work here or any other large company. We are at the top of our profession. They need to be called out repeatedly when they pull some of this garbage, re- educated or else removed. We had a manager in the distant past that did understand this. Those were good days. But he bailed because he saw what was coming, and didn't agree with how they wanted him to run things.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure this is elementary simpleton stuff, but from what I see, seniority is a thorn in their sides, it prevents some in management from doing anything they want to in order to relieve their immediate stress, they all want instant gratification in a sense, some of these people in management seem to approach things in an any thing goes no matter who they run over or throw under the bus manner. Meanwhile, all they do is **** on the one thing we have as drivers that has to matter, it is a cardinal rule among all the other things that should be off limits. You don't **** with seniority, period. Take that away and whats the point? That alone will mostly eliminate any issues of perceived favoritism (actual or misconstrued), among other things. Some in management have no respect for the fact that we are "Professionals" Some of them have no clue, care or fully appreciate all that a professional driver has to sacrifice, to give up, to adhere to, or endure, in order to work here or any other large company. We are at the top of our profession. They need to be called out repeatedly when they pull some of this garbage, re- educated or else removed. We had a manager in the distant past that did understand this. Those were good days. But he bailed because he saw what was coming, and didn't agree with how they wanted him to run things.

For post #2, that's freakin awesome. Green for you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back to the original question in this thread. The differences between FXF and UPSF

We used to be the highest paid NON-union company when FedEx bought us, now we are among the lowest... UPSF is the Highest paid PERIOD.

We hope this (delayed) next raise will correct that. UPSF knows what their next raise will be.

Our next raise will quickly be offset by increased cost for insurance. UPSF's next raise will NOT be offset.

Our real compensation adjusted for inflation is going down every year. UPSF's compensation is going up faster than inflation.

I'm sure some of you can add to the list...

Keep in mind that we are also paid for every minute that we are on company time. (all time paid for) per contract. This means as a road driver you are paid by the mile and on the clock for everything else. Delay, waiting for loads, fueling, placarding, shop repair, drops, hooks, breakdown, road closures, Ect. Ect. From the minute of our start time to the minute that we are finished for the day/night, we are being paid. Example, I average around 17 hours per week for drops & hooks, fueling and waiting on loads. This is an extra $450.00 per week on top of my 3000 mile per week schedule. Well worth the $68.00 per month I pay in union dues.

Dam it boy!!! So u r probley taking home around 1975.00 a week after all deductions. I got about 15 years at a eol terminal to get that weekly. Or just stay on the extraboard and stay out six days a week and take home around 1850. The teamsters are a way better solution then what fred smith is giving u now. Now u have no voice, and without a voice, u have no job security

Back to the original question in this thread. The differences between FXF and UPSF

We used to be the highest paid NON-union company when FedEx bought us, now we are among the lowest... UPSF is the Highest paid PERIOD.

We hope this (delayed) next raise will correct that. UPSF knows what their next raise will be.

Our next raise will quickly be offset by increased cost for insurance. UPSF's next raise will NOT be offset.

Our real compensation adjusted for inflation is going down every year. UPSF's compensation is going up faster than inflation.

I'm sure some of you can add to the list...
Great post. And dont forget to mention, is upsf bosses want to give us concessions, they just dont say it and then the next check u get its implemented. We have to vote on it.

To make $1975 a week take home, you'd have to gross $2335 a week. I'm not buying your bull**** story for a minute. I'm not saying it's not possible, but you'd have to have some pretty long whiskers to gross 120K plus a year. I know plenty of UPSF guys and they are in the 80-90K range.

Guardrail

To make $1975 a week take home, you'd have to gross $2335 a week. I'm not buying your bull**** story for a minute. I'm not saying it's not possible, but you'd have to have some pretty long whiskers to grossK plus a year. I know plenty of UPSF guys and they are in the 80-90K range.
2800 miles x .68.cpm plus around (average 16 hours on the clock. Now that comes out to around 2400 a week.