FedEx Freight | Whats the difference between Fedex and UPS for union

To make $1975 a week take home, you'd have to gross $2335 a week. I'm not buying your bull**** story for a minute. I'm not saying it's not possible, but you'd have to have some pretty long whiskers to gross 120K plus a year. I know plenty of UPSF guys and they are in the 80-90K range.

Guardrail

UPS Freight has called me three times in the last week offering me a road position, and she sure didn't tell me that was possible.

To make $1975 a week take home, you'd have to gross $2335 a week. I'm not buying your bull**** story for a minute. I'm not saying it's not possible, but you'd have to have some pretty long whiskers to gross 120K plus a year. I know plenty of UPSF guys and they are in the 80-90K range.

Guardrail

Its not bull, Its simple, do the math. But keep in mind its all about the mileage pay and being on the clock for( all time spent paid for) per contract. This can vary with every employee. A good mileage run and every minute on the clock when not driving ads up real easy. Example for a road driver, 2500 miles per week and 15 hours on the clock= $2100 gross per week x 4 = $8400 per month x 12 = $100,800 per year gross.

Its not bull, Its simple, do the math. But keep in mind its all about the mileage pay and being on the clock for( all time spent paid for) per contract. This can vary with every employee. A good mileage run and every minute on the clock when not driving ads up real easy. Example for a road driver, 2500 miles per week and 15 hours on the clock= $2100 gross per week x 4 = $8400 per month x 12 = $100,800 per year gross.

We are calling bull on the $1975 in your pocket. That would equate to only $125 being withheld from each paycheck which would be damned hard to reconcile come April 15 every year.

We are calling bull on the $1975 in your pocket. That would equate to only $125 being withheld from each paycheck which would be damned hard to reconcile come April 15 every year.

Ok, for all you st louis and dallas drivers, ask a upsf driver about the 5am meet 5 drivers have, stl driver gets 692 miles a day, they meet dallas just a bit east before tulsa. Stl driver for the week gets 3460 miles a week plus around 12 hours on the clock. Miles =$2352.80 clocktime = 322.20 a grand total of $2675 a week. Minus 20% for all deductions $535. Take home $2140. Its a 5am start time on the stl side, 5 drivers meet 5 from dallas

Ok, for all you st louis and dallas drivers, ask a upsf driver about the 5am meet 5 drivers have, stl driver gets 692 miles a day, they meet dallas just a bit east before tulsa. Stl driver for the week gets 3460 miles a week plus around 12 hours on the clock. Miles =$2352.80 clocktime = 322.20 a grand total of $2675 a week. Minus 20% for all deductions $535. Take home $2140. Its a 5am start time on the stl side, 5 drivers meet 5 from dallas

How many of those runs are there? I'll bet the 20 year guys would love to bid on those runs, if they only had the whiskers.

Guardrail

Time to make switch from yrc - atm to brown bull lol

Nothing wrong with that. Runs like that are not the norm and shouldn't be used as an example of what every teamster makes. That's all I'm saying.

Guardrail

Let me give you a better example, Every Teamster at UPSF makes $26.65 per hour and .6727 cents per mile at this time no matter what state you work in across the board and also is paid for every minute of the day from the time they step on company property to the time they get in their car to go home. (All time spent paid for) per contract. The only exception here is new employees that are in progression. Health Insurance premiums (costs) and benefits never go up or change for the life of the contract. Hope that helps.

Nobody was arguing that. I just don't like people coming on board and proclaiming that every Teamster makes $120,000 a year. We all know that uPS Freight is one of the highest paid, if not the highest paid freight company out there.

Guardrail

RC is still trying to wrap his arms around barely 20% coming off the top of over 100k a year.
With my wife's income, we land in the bracket. With 30% of my pay going into the 401k and 20% going for taxes and all the other deductions, I still write a check on April 15.

Nobody was arguing that. I just don't like people coming on board and proclaiming that every Teamster makes $120,000 a year. We all know that uPS Freight is one of the highest paid, if not the highest paid freight company out there.

Guardrail

Ok how about this, 85% of the road drivers in nashville make over 85k. And about 8 of them make over 100k. We only have 26 road drivers ( ever since we were stripped of being a minihub and now. Eol terminal.

Ok how about this, 85% of the road drivers in nashville make over 85k. And about 8 of them make over 100k. We only have 26 road drivers ( ever since we were stripped of being a minihub and now. Eol terminal.

Ugh this is false!! We have 12 bids barely over 300 round trip. 20 bids in 400 mile range. None of these make 85k. We have 67 bids and just showed you half our bids don't make 85k. Please bring facts not assumptions!
P.s. let's talk about some real ****! Like a union!

Last edited by a moderator:
I work at UPSF. I have had a very short bid for the last 6 months. I logged over 40 hours exactly one week out of 26. My gross for the YTD is $34,365 as of today. Not bad for basically a part time job as far as driving a truck goes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ugh this is false!! We have 12 bids barely over 300 round trip. 20 bids in 400 mile range. None of these make 85k. We have 67 bids and just showed you half our bids don't make 85k. Please bring facts not assumptions!
P.s. let's talk about some real s__t! Like a union!
I believe Stress is with UPSF and he is referring to their nas center.
If I am correct I would have never thought you would be an EOL center.