ABF | What's up at 042

Yeah........those whiny employees with their contracts, .......and their “ fairness”..........and their lazy “overtime” requirements.......

SO much easier at a non-Union company,......where you can give an order, and everyone jumps,....instead of checking the contract....

There , it’s much more fun being a boss........

I have seen several lower level management types come to ABF from a low paying management job at a non union carrier. They came for more pay but thought hourly employees were overpaid here. Most of them didn't like following a contract & had a difficult time accepting seniority rights. The reason they have a better job here is that hourly employees have better jobs also.

I am curious about this year's order of 600 Kenworth twin screws & large order of long trailers. The company has broken the tradition of doubles/triples & single axle tractors. Is there an expectation of a new large account that requires long trailers or are we changing the way we do business completely? More long haul freight?

I am curious about this year's order of 600 Kenworth twin screws & large order of long trailers. The company has broken the tradition of doubles/triples & single axle tractors. Is there an expectation of a new large account that requires long trailers or are we changing the way we do business completely? More long haul freight?
I was told it is for Amazon

The new trailers will also cut the pay for line drivers who get paid by the pin. Instead of 2 hrs pay to break and hook a set, they will now only get 1/2 hr....

The 600 twin screws & however many thousand new long trailers are on this equipment order seems like a risky investment. U-Pack was also an innovative move but it was profitable & helped the company survive. Several other freight carriers are into moving but U-Pack is much more experienced. Quick delivery freight is the future of transportation. Shoppers are doing more online & changing to more home delivery. Amazon will probably see more competition in that market.