FedEx Freight | Where would you put compensation gains?

The administrative costs involved increase the more fund options you have. That's the primary reason that most employers do not offer you free reign.

You sure about that, one of the resident experts told me it was basically free for an employer to have 401k plans for employees.
:clappy:

You sure about that, one of the resident experts told me it was basically free for an employer to have 401k plans for employees.
:clappy:

I absolutely never said any such thing. You're going to have to provide an exact quote to that effect. If they offer a limited amount of funds which most do it isn't very expensive at all to offer a 401K. And a lot of times the employees pay for the management of the plan, limiting the number of funds keeps that number reasonable. Listen bud your the one who had held me to an almost unattainable level of proof in the past so you're not going to get away with that nonsense, plus I thought you were ignoring me.

Last edited:
The small amount that the company pays to have the plan administered is not a benefit. I'm not backpedaling you've lost the argument and can't handle it. I layed it out in a nice understandable way, you can't explain where I'm wrong as usual.

See what you say does not meet reality in fact the President is trying to make it easier (cheaper) on small business to have 401k plans for their employees. Apparently it is expensive or small business would include it for their employees.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/26/us/obama-to-urge-easing-401-k-rules-for-small-businesses.html?_r=0

In the cases where the admin fees are passed along to the employee, those are the fees being charged by the fund company. Your employer still has their share of administration costs tied to offering such plans. No free lunches, so to speak.

In the cases where the admin fees are passed along to the employee, those are the fees being charged by the fund company. Your employer still has their share of administration costs tied to offering such plans. No free lunches, so to speak.

Exactly

That's not the lies that were told in CLT...we've got some older pro union guys who have put retirement on hold because they were told that if they voted yes they would get credit for all their years of service towards a pension!!
We knew that was a lie but some of those guys still believe it...and are still waiting!!
Red why don't you check with your vast network of informants across the country about this ?
Have they heard the so called lie's also ?
How do you know this is a lie ?

Great info JD. Thanks for posting the link!

From the Employee Benefits Security Administration, linked above:

"You should be aware that your employer also has a specific obligation to consider the fees and expenses paid by your plan. ERISA requires employers to follow certain rules in managing 401(k) plans. Employers are held to a high standard of care and diligence and must discharge their duties solely in the interest of the plan participants and their beneficiaries. Among other things, this means that employers must:

• Establish a prudent process for selecting investment options and service providers;
  • Ensure that fees paid to service providers and other expenses of the plan are reasonable in light of the level and quality of services provided;
  • Select investment options that are prudent and adequately diversified;
  • Disclose plan, investment and fee information to participants to make informed decisions regarding their investment options under the plan; and
  • Monitor investment options and service providers once selected to see that they continue to be appropriate choices."
401(k) plan fees and expenses generally fall into three categories:

"Plan Administration Fees..."

"Investment Fees..."

"Individual Service Fees..."

I'll have to pay closer attention to the disclosure statements as to the cost to administer. I know all about the fees I/we pay, depending on fund choice, but the Company portion received none of my attention.

I fully understand that, and the more employees you have the cheaper it become. Plus there are some fees that can be payed by the employer or the employee depending on the emloyer preference. It's still FAR cheaper then the legacy costs associated defined pension. So in comparison it is a steal which was my point way back that the mental midget twisted around.

Just to clarify, 1) you're supposed to be ignoring which you can't, 2) I asked straight forward questions which you can't/won't answer. Who is pathetic? When you are proved wrong (which is often) you either ignore the questions (which you are doing now) or you throw a little temper tantrum. Or get a mod to put a stop to the conversation like you did the Fedex ground argument which I had you dead to rights on. Glass houses bozo glass houses.

Nope no glass houses your pathetic i proved you wrong it's sad when i provided a link that the President is pushing that proves you wrong but like always you will backpedal like Micheal Jackson when proved wrong, even Ex says your wrong but to no avail your still going on saying that's not what you meant and this and that like normal. I never asked a mod to put a stop to anything about our fed ex ground argument which you never proved me wrong anyways. You claimed you were going to send me a pm but you never did. Come up with your own stuff Bozo junior.

Nope no glass houses your pathetic i proved you wrong it's sad when i provided a link that the President is pushing that proves you wrong but like always you will backpedal like Micheal Jackson when proved wrong, even Ex says your wrong but to no avail your still going on saying that's not what you meant and this and that like normal. I never asked a mod to put a stop to anything about our fed ex ground argument which you never proved me wrong anyways. You claimed you were going to send me a pm but you never did. Come up with your own stuff Bozo junior.

I did send you a PM on January 7th you never responded like a child. Ex pointed out that there's no free lunches and I agree. But it's not that cost prohibitive especially for a larger business and IS cheaper than a defied benifit plan. And I NEVER claimed it was free as you claim. On the ground argument you were wrong there are no ground company drivers even after the court rulings. Then instead of admitting being wrong you threw a little tantrum about not ruining a thread and smoke said it was a damn good idea, I can take a hint so I dropped it but you were wrong and you know it. Besides your supposed to be ignoring me.