FedEx Freight | Whinnin' 'bout The Same Old Stuff..hahahaha

Pinball

TB Lurker
Credits
:biglaugh: I've been on and off of this board since about '97. Today people are peein',moanin' and whinning whinning about the same old stuff they were whinning about 10 years ago, just whinning about a different group of people at the top.
Back in the day it was the ragged smurf trucks we drove and the 60 mph speed we ran. Then it was the raise ain't big enough or as big as the other guys.It was Wil D and the shuttle run system. Back then it was Sheridan ain't the same as when he started the company. Then it was the shops didn't care and the supervisors sucked.
Now it is the evil Fedex and you just a number. Now it is breakin' down Volvos and the mechanics who don't give a damn. Now it is Doug D and Pat R, insurance is too high, don't have a pension, bonus checks gonna be late, i'm just a number and nobody cares.
Oh yeah,let us not forget,the raise ain't big enough or as big as the other guys.
IT IS A COPORATION, NOT A I LOVE YOU, YOU LOVE ME RETREAT.....
AF was a busines, FEDEX is a business.
They both care/d about their employees, to a certain extent, and for their own gain... because they know that a happy employee makes for a greater profit margin.
Nobody cares for you/i as a person in Memphis, THEY DON'T KNOW US. But it is no different than Harrison, get over it.
The views expressed in this posting are entirely opinion.

Here!!! Here!!!!

THANK YOU FOR THAT!!!

I love where we work because we get paid decent. We have those benefits, and I am happy. Job security is very important in my eyes, and that, my friends, we have.

Blah Blah Blah

As long as people have a job they are going to complain. If you have been on and off here for the last 10 yrs then maybe y'all should stay off it. It is nice to vent once in awhile. So what fedex doesn't care about us, so what. I still take home $1300 a week and thats all I care about. I have a good time here for the most part. The biggest part of this place that sucks isn't the company. I am impressed and push this company on and off work. The other driver suck. If I could come to work and not talk to any of my other drivers in my barn I would be completly happy. How do you like those apples?

If it wasn't for those who like to "discuss","complain" and even "love their job/compnay",these boards would not have been here or the sucess it has been for 10 years,would it?

How about that? ;-)

BENNEFIELDJC said:
1300, DANG I JUST TAKE HOME:duh: :duh: 500 A WEEK I GUESS THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CITY AND ROAD

If you worked 55-60 hours every week at time and a half pay like most road drivers have to do then you would be in the ballpark to the road drivers.

you don't make less, you just work less hours.

BENNEFIELDJC said:
1300, DANG I JUST TAKE HOME:duh: :duh: 500 A WEEK I GUESS THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CITY AND ROAD

remember driver how many hours did you put in for the 500.00???? have to compare apples to apples I know you dont control the number of hours you work we do have a certain amount of control,work the dock at the hub or when we return from run ,some guys if they are the last guy out from the hub they might be there for four to 6 hours why not utilize that time and make 20.10 tickety tock thats where the difference is like jeff said you work less hours yes not by choice for some guys I know guys at my barn would peddle freight 12 hours a day everyday we also have one guy who doesnt care if he even gets 40hrs they love him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah sometimes doesn't even seem worth it. I max out almost 70 hrs a week every week. It accustom to living like that. I made 650 in the city and thought I was rich.

I've always found that the ones who claim that the company doesn't care about them, are the ones that care less and work less than anybody else. They want everything handed to them. Last I knew, we all came to the company for a job, they didn't magically call us up and beg us to come work here. Those who are unhappy are free to leave anytime. Why isn't they don't? I'm sure we all know guys here who would complain, even if they got to drag empties around, in perfect weather, during the day, with no traffic, with Fred S. himself sitting in the passenger seat holding the spit bottle, and telling him he's the best darn driver at FedEx Freight. I believe comedian George C----- said it best. 20% of the population is stupid, how is the unemployment rate 5%. The fact is some people are miserable for whatever reason, and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

PINBALL said:
:biglaugh: .

Now it is the evil Fedex and you just a number. Now it is breakin' down Volvos and the mechanics who don't give a damn. .

Why did you choose to focus only on the negative?? Talk about **** and moan.

True it was said certain shops were bad BUT it was also stated some went above and beyond.

As far as Volvos breaking down, my post at least was not just about it breaking down, I love the fact I finally got a new truck after 8+ years here, the point you apparently missed was they DIDN'T fix it and sent it back out on the road, this leads to safety concerns when you stop on the interstate or worse yet on a 2 lane with no shoulder. The cost to the co in delay pay, the cost to the co for towing the same equip that should've been fixed the first time and the cost to the company of delayed freight and unhappy customers, which in turn comes right back around to your and mine pay increases and benefits.

So why go through and just pick negative post to comment on, there have been a lot of good things said here also, quit being biased and negative would ya :smilie_132: :goodvibes: :D

FM

At least at freight you get assigned tractors here at national we get a different unit every day. I can say our shop will try to fix the problem if they know about it. Our Day cabs are kept about 10yrs or 1,000,000 miles. The sleepers about 6 yrs and 1-1.5 million.

Familyman said:
Why did you choose to focus only on the negative?? Talk about **** and moan.

True it was said certain shops were bad BUT it was also stated some went above and beyond.

As far as Volvos breaking down, my post at least was not just about it breaking down, I love the fact I finally got a new truck after 8+ years here, the point you apparently missed was they DIDN'T fix it and sent it back out on the road, this leads to safety concerns when you stop on the interstate or worse yet on a 2 lane with no shoulder. The cost to the co in delay pay, the cost to the co for towing the same equip that should've been fixed the first time and the cost to the company of delayed freight and unhappy customers, which in turn comes right back around to your and mine pay increases and benefits.

So why go through and just pick negative post to comment on, there have been a lot of good things said here also, quit being biased and negative would ya :smilie_132: :goodvibes: :D

FM
nah, familyman, wasn't really focusing in on you or your post. i was just making an observation... not really doggin' anyone in particular... just thought it was funny, kinda like a soap opera. you can not watch it for 5 years and in about 30 minutes you can be caught up, that's all...

Same thing

joe bucker said:
At least at freight you get assigned tractors here at national we get a different unit every day. I can say our shop will try to fix the problem if they know about it. Our Day cabs are kept about 10yrs or 1,000,000 miles. The sleepers about 6 yrs and 1-1.5 million.

Fedex Freight wants the same thing. 1 million miles out of the trucks. Now they are turning all the trucks down because of the fuel prices. All these companies are the same, just some have deeper pockets.

PINBALL said:
nah, familyman, wasn't really focusing in on you or your post. i was just making an observation... not really doggin' anyone in particular... just thought it was funny, kinda like a soap opera. you can not watch it for 5 years and in about 30 minutes you can be caught up, that's all...
You know what they say, we are doomed to repeat history.

FM

fedexfreight02 said:
Fedex Freight wants the same thing. 1 million miles out of the trucks. Now they are turning all the trucks down because of the fuel prices. All these companies are the same, just some have deeper pockets.

I heard they are turning up the horespower on the newer trucks because I heard when they fedexed the computers they killed the fuel milage go figure

I hear each and every one of you guys, we are people, and we all feel different about different things, its human nature.....I think its OK to complain, but think of it like this, like I do......if you lost your job at Fedex tommorrow, for something that was your fault, and you knew it, would you regret it?, I know I would this is the best ltl job Ive ever had, bar none, the best company, pay, benefits, equipment, etc....Ive driven the 1973 Ford tractors, wore out beyond belief.....got to work three days a week, after working 60 hoursa week a few months earlier....had the sorry CCM's come after me to fire me after I told them off....had the hand freight of 880 boxes , 13000 lbs pounds of nails to unload by hand, and I can truly say that Fedex is the heaven of ltl jobs for me, and yea, some things dont make sense, and I dont like it, but I just remember the bad old days , and it makes me come to my senses, as I close the door on my a/c cooled tractor, yea Ive been sweating all day, and I may get off before my 8th hour.....but tommorrows another day at the best freight company in the world - Fedex

Ok so I read all of these posts so far and here they are in a nut shell . Same old business (moving freight , trucks , shops , CCM's , Super's , drivers , dock workers .) This is what we do , this is our life that we choose , if we come here to **** and moan , talk about life's daily issues have some fun and vent a little then we do . If whoever does not like what they see or hear there are plenty of other things on the WWW for you to look at . I like it here and like to hear what my brothers and sisters have to say about what we do , GOOD or BAD . I read everything you guys post and I mean everything! Sometimes I roll my eyes in disgust and sometimes I laugh , sometimes I PM you to try to help you . This is a great place and so are the people we work for and with . There is nothing wrong with a little pissing and moaning, get over it have some fun .:smilies-19296:

Smokestack :nutkick: FXF MOD

i think if you have good health and an above average pay as most do in ltl,then you have alot to be thankful for .sure there are bad days as well as good,but try to be thankful you're not trying to raise a family on mcdonalds pay or working you're self to death at a sawmill for chump change. be thankful.

PINBALL said:
:biglaugh: I've been on and off of this board since about '97. Today people are peein',moanin' and whinning whinning about the same old stuff they were whinning about 10 years ago, just whinning about a different group of people at the top.
Back in the day it was the ragged smurf trucks we drove and the 60 mph speed we ran. Then it was the raise ain't big enough or as big as the other guys.It was Wil D and the shuttle run system. Back then it was Sheridan ain't the same as when he started the company. Then it was the shops didn't care and the supervisors sucked.
Now it is the evil Fedex and you just a number. Now it is breakin' down Volvos and the mechanics who don't give a damn. Now it is Doug D and Pat R, insurance is too high, don't have a pension, bonus checks gonna be late, i'm just a number and nobody cares.
Oh yeah,let us not forget,the raise ain't big enough or as big as the other guys.
IT IS A COPORATION, NOT A I LOVE YOU, YOU LOVE ME RETREAT.....
AF was a busines, FEDEX is a business.
They both care/d about their employees, to a certain extent, and for their own gain... because they know that a happy employee makes for a greater profit margin.
Nobody cares for you/i as a person in Memphis, THEY DON'T KNOW US. But it is no different than Harrison, get over it.
The views expressed in this posting are entirely opinion.
+
lets not forget one thing ,the company just might be reading this and they may make changes in their policies to make it better although you might not think so at the time. we vent out of frustration.thats still better than an ulcer.we all can still benefit in one way or another.

saddlebum said:
+
lets not forget one thing ,the company just might be reading this and they may make changes in their policies to make it better although you might not think so at the time. we vent out of frustration.thats still better than an ulcer.we all can still benefit in one way or another.

I just posted that message to get a string started... of course the boards are for peein and moanin', and jumpin and rejoicin. i too enjoy all the posts. all of 'em...
As far as the ulcer goes, there is no man/woman on this earth that i will allow to have enough influence on my life, emotions etc. to the point of developing an ulcer...nahuh... ain't happening. if you have a job that would cause that, i would suggest shopping around...
i love my job