FedEx Freight | Who heck left the FedEx door open for all these dang union guys in???

Seriously?

Once they smell blood, and see a crack, they are going to go balls-out.

Do you have any idea how many millions of $ Fedex means to them?

And this, is one of my main gripes. The union wants MONEY. Bottom line.
If you think their sole existence revolves around "protecting the working man", you are a damn fool.

Well i hope u dont have 20 points worth from the last three years, i would hate to see anyone lose their job. We dont mean to come in here like bullies, we just seen a thread with the word "union" in it, and figured it was an open invetation. Sry if we upset u in any way. We r just tryin to give you thr the facts before u walk into work everyday for the next month and get anti union proeganda

I can't say how I really feel here but the title explains itself!

Sadly, the company has failed miserably in the communication department. That's first and foremost. Secondly, the drivers as a group have failed to grow up and become adults, as evidence of that, witness all the drivers whining like little girls about being held accountable for being unsafe behind he wheel. Job one is always work and drive safely. Many folks claim it's unreasonable for their employer to expect that.

Next, remember that the union itself has failed in ways that are unbelievable, regarding coping with de-regulation. They've simply had their head in the sand while the corporate raiders have done the dirty deed on their backside. If you the union cared about their membership, their employers wouldn't be on the verge of disaster, and their pension plans wouldn't be about to be killed by congress, with their savior Obama's approval. No company has been involved in trucking longer than the Teamsters union, yet the union doesn't understand the very business that employs their membership. Amazing.

Last, there are some folks who suffer a combination of incredible bitterness/hatred of themselves, which they project to their employer, whether Viking, AF, Watkins or FedEx. They are fundamentally unhappy, usually because of a substance abuse problem, or having been abused in one way or another as children, and they won't seek the help that could let them release their anger at the world, instead they hate every company that makes the mistake of employing them. There is no way to make them happy at work. They're just miserable, and always will be. And they refuse to be safe, because they won't "bow down" to authority, because they feel horribly wronged by authority.

So where do we go with all this? We hope the majority of drivers realize the only thing that can prevent all of us from succeeding as the economy improves, is to make the tragic and horrible mistake of jumping onto a sinking ship (Teamsters) that has spent the last 34 years selling it's membership down the toilet. Sadly, 10% of our drivers truly believe that anything the company does, that they don't understand, is therefore wrong. Wow, talk about unbelievable arrogance! A bunch of steering wheel holders who hated the companies before FedEx, now hate FedEx and declare themselves smarter than the arrogant *******s they hate. Hypocrisy. At every turn, with no idea how much they have to lose.

Even more sadly, these same drivers refuse to study the industry and get a clue about the collapse of the union. See what's happened at KAG west? How about YRC? Oh wait, the union has no blame, because they don't understand the business!

And RC, before your head explodes...how many years will your retirement be set back by your barn organizing? Could take longer than you have left to negotiate a contract, and during said, you'd be kicked out of the 401 at FxF, and unable to join the Teamsters one. Of course, no more pension credit at Fxf, and no pay raise while every little point, including the toilet paper in the bathroom is up for negotiation. Ask the KAG West guys how that's going. They haven't had a raise in 4 years according to my source.

The dumbest thing the drivers could do is actually go union.

ST

Really! LoL I would love to hear what you say when you step out of the truck the wrong way that one day or you may grab your dolly the wrong way ,that one day you may forget or your bump into somebody and get 24 points and are fired.it could happen to anybody and it has. I was in AF guy I loved AF and gave a lot of blood and sweat for that company, being educated or being safe has nothing to do with the issues at hand and everybody keeps on saying YRC YRC, what about UPS Freight thats hiring of our guys that have been fired for nonsense but that's okay who cares about them and their families were the rest of us and our families because any given day could be one of our last.. it don't matter how safe you are people make mistakes we are only human.everyone has a choicechoice

Sounds to me like fedex has there boys on here telling their lies For a company that hates the union so much they are sure trying real hard to make sure that we go union. Now go ahead and tell us all just how stupid we are, how we were abused as children and oh yes you said we were drug users too. Yep that's just the way management talks to us and you are doing a very good job in telling everyone how the management here a fedex feels about us low life no count good for nothing truck drivers who can be replaced no problem at all. So go ahead and tell us more about how we should just be glad that someone lets us work for them. Keep up the good work Mr FedEx manager. Oh yeah if seen a lot of you come and go over the years. They use you then kick you out the door. But guess who is still here. We are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly, the company has failed miserably in the communication department. That's first and foremost. Secondly, the drivers as a group have failed to grow up and become adults, as evidence of that, witness all the drivers whining like little girls about being held accountable for being unsafe behind he wheel. Job one is always work and drive safely. Many folks claim it's unreasonable for their employer to expect that.

Next, remember that the union itself has failed in ways that are unbelievable, regarding coping with de-regulation. They've simply had their head in the sand while the corporate raiders have done the dirty deed on their backside. If you the union cared about their membership, their employers wouldn't be on the verge of disaster, and their pension plans wouldn't be about to be killed by congress, with their savior Obama's approval. No company has been involved in trucking longer than the Teamsters union, yet the union doesn't understand the very business that employs their membership. Amazing.

Last, there are some folks who suffer a combination of incredible bitterness/hatred of themselves, which they project to their employer, whether Viking, AF, Watkins or FedEx. They are fundamentally unhappy, usually because of a substance abuse problem, or having been abused in one way or another as children, and they won't seek the help that could let them release their anger at the world, instead they hate every company that makes the mistake of employing them. There is no way to make them happy at work. They're just miserable, and always will be. And they refuse to be safe, because they won't "bow down" to authority, because they feel horribly wronged by authority.

So where do we go with all this? We hope the majority of drivers realize the only thing that can prevent all of us from succeeding as the economy improves, is to make the tragic and horrible mistake of jumping onto a sinking ship (Teamsters) that has spent the last 34 years selling it's membership down the toilet. Sadly, 10% of our drivers truly believe that anything the company does, that they don't understand, is therefore wrong. Wow, talk about unbelievable arrogance! A bunch of steering wheel holders who hated the companies before FedEx, now hate FedEx and declare themselves smarter than the arrogant *******s they hate. Hypocrisy. At every turn, with no idea how much they have to lose.

Even more sadly, these same drivers refuse to study the industry and get a clue about the collapse of the union. See what's happened at KAG west? How about YRC? Oh wait, the union has no blame, because they don't understand the business!

And RC, before your head explodes...how many years will your retirement be set back by your barn organizing? Could take longer than you have left to negotiate a contract, and during said, you'd be kicked out of the 401 at FxF, and unable to join the Teamsters one. Of course, no more pension credit at Fxf, and no pay raise while every little point, including the toilet paper in the bathroom is up for negotiation. Ask the KAG West guys how that's going. They haven't had a raise in 4 years according to my source.

ST

First off if I get in a bad wreck and kill someone or hurt the bad by something stupid I did I deserve to be fired! I am tired of the B.S. firings! I will give you 2 examples at my barn. About 6 months ago a driver that always volunteered and always went the extra mile entered 2 fuels. I don't know how he did it but he did. FedEx fired him for stealing from the company. 6 bucks people! He is the most honest man I know! They didn't give him a write up or anything JUST TERMINATED HIM! You wanna know why cause he always questioned B.S.

Another time a driver was called at 5 and offered some runs or a hold. He took the hold and never got a call. Went out on days when he got back he was relieved of duty pending a investigation for no call no show. OM said he called him at 855. He went to Sprint got his phone records to prove he didn't get a call. Showed to CM and HR. They said ok but your suppose to call in at 9 if you take a hold. Your still fired!

NOTHING HAPPENED TO OM THAT GOT CAUGHT IN A LIE!! I have been here 20 yrs and didn't know you had to call in at end of call block!

I don't want a union but what are our options against these fire happy people? I was raised that hard work is the only safety net you will ever need, but that doesn't appear to be true here anymore!

If someone has another answer please let me know because right now I have to pick the lesser of 2 EVILS!

Last edited by a moderator:

ST

I would respond by saying that there are those like yourself who are fundamentally unhappy with ANYONE who has a differing opinion than what you have. Let's break this down a bit, you say they are unhappy because of substance abuse or child abuse? Really? What a ridiculous statement. And that people are intentionally unsafe because they wont "bow down" to anyone? Seems to me the one with the problem is who you see staring back at you in the mirror. Furthermore it shows a lack of intelligence on your part to not even be able to listen to someone else's differing opinion without resorting to absurd claims and ******** comments.... You are frankly being rather childish and if you ARE in your 50's, it's rather sad indeed you lack the ability to debate or even understand a differing viewpoint than yours. Whether you support or don't support the unionization of FedEx at least have the common courtesy to listen to both sides without making ridiculous statements like that.

Naw, Not mngt, just another coddled triple digit road driver whos completely out of touch with the grunts, and apparently a little grouchy...Big Money dont like waves.

Last edited by a moderator:

ST

I think you have it wrong. The problems I've had comes from resisting the push from local management to scrimp on safety, yard time, pretrip, etc as well digging my heals in when it come to rushing. I had an operations manager give me the talk (in front of a couple supervisors) about showing a sense of urgency (you know the talk) and I told him urgency is fine when I'm out of the truck but he could throw that urgency stuff out the window while driving. He looked at me like I was crazy... Told him when a light turns yellow, urgency would be hitting the gas and blowing through the light. Safety would mean hitting the brakes, so you'll get no urgency from me behind the wheel. He was speechless, so that talk was over. The two supervisors sat dumbfounded staring at the computer screens with big grins on their faces.

Still regardless of how good the productivity numbers, they still want more, higher, faster… And I still say safety 1st.

I worked for a company along time ago that needed a union, then I worked for a company that didn't (THIS ONE), now I again work for a company that needs one. Sad story, but true

Naw, Not mngt, just another coddled triple digit road driver whos completely out of touch with the grunts, and apparently a little grouchy...Big Money dont like waves.
My bad just checked his history nothing but a troll....or mngt, and/or grouchy triple digit ROAD driver who doesn't like waves. Either way union or not the party's over for big money or local mngt .Safety first. It gets there when it gets there and probably not before. It will be fun to watch mngt heads roll when the new rules mean goals aren't met and Harrison finds out everyones been cooking theyre numbers

Well i hope u dont have 20 points worth from the last three years, i would hate to see anyone lose their job. We dont mean to come in here like bullies, we just seen a thread with the word "union" in it, and figured it was an open invetation. Sry if we upset u in any way. We r just tryin to give you thr the facts before u walk into work everyday for the next month and get anti union proeganda

Be sure to close and lock the door on your way out.

Trust me...I have seen a guy at our yard (not barn) roll a back box....fell asleep at the wheel...get numerous of tickets (like 5 of them in about a years time) then he got his last ticket which made 6 in january finally get pulled out of the truck. So I think they gave him some time! Now on the double fueling...You can double fuel...just don't add one in your hand held...is 6 bucks reallly a make it or break it on your pay check? I got hired to do a job and that's what I'm here to do.....It is their company so they can make the rules no matter how lame they are....The whole seat belt in the yard thing started being enforced after that collision in SBO...so these rules they enact are due to something a idiot did at a yard..simple as that! This company is just trying to protect their butts from lawsuits...that's all! Do I like the rules....no...but it doesn't say Socal Fedex on the door so I have to follow their rules and letting a union is just gotta make this company worst IMO...You might say"well look at what upsf has"..thats great but how hard did they have to fight to get it? Can you afford to go on strike if it came down to it? I can't afford it...I got a sick wife and 2 kids, A mortgage and so forth that I don't think if We went on strike the banks are gonna let me slide on my payments cause of the unions! BTW I have 6 points but hey they were my fault for speeding and impeding with the flow of traffic by being parked on the highway!

The bottom line is why at the other 3 companies that fedex acquired along with the personnel we where all happy. Now we all work for FedEx we are miserable. Maybe ST its a management power struggle. We as driver are the weaker link. Maybe everything is great at your barn, but at many there is faults that you cant keep fighting. One thing I have a problem with is in three years you still cant get a day off for personnel things with out getting a point. Yet there's drivers sitting at home begging to work. Go figure. The other is your earned 4 weeks vacation but you cant take it the way you want, you have to take it the way the want. I took 3 weeks of my four and asked for 1 day out of the fourth and since it wasn't a full week I asked for it was denied. So they rather you take four full weeks off instead of three weeks and one day. That's the crap that makes my skin crawl. But the management get theres. Seems that there is new rules every week and it has nothing to do with safety. I have 26 years safe driving so don't even start ST. Its all in order to keep you beet down to there way or the highway. None of us but a few ever applied for a job at this company we were acquired. So if they didn't want us why did they buy us.

Can you afford to go on strike if it came down to it? I can't afford it...I got a sick wife and 2 kids, A mortgage and so forth that I don't think if We went on strike the banks are gonna let me slide on my payments cause of the unions!

Great point. A lot of the guys on here probably haven't thought that one through. Fred is a big anti union guy, which probably makes him and the company tough negotiators. There may at some point be a work stoppage. You'll be tested on your principles at that point. I hope they aren't living paycheck to paycheck.