Estes | Who's the highest paid ltl company in the country

The TM has been really open about all the runs and stuff at the terminal so I feel pretty comfy with utility. I still own a couple of trucks and stuff, so it will be nice to get home most nights and check on things. Plus we have a baby due in May, not saying it ain't about the money cause it is and will always be, but being home nights or early morning will be kinda nice.

comin back

That's about perfect. One of the benefits of running extra is, you can see the difference in milage vs wages. I know that $1600 and $1900 is about a hundred dollar difference plus many more miles and more time away.

I'm thinkin bout comin back to Estes. Anyone tell me what they start a single driver at.
Thanks

Have no idea, that was just one of his examples about open stuff. Just do what i'm told to get my feet wet and see how stuff works. Then I'll try to take advantage of what's open.

Just found out all this money I'm making is going to cause me to owe next year because I am considered rich in the Obama plan. Y'all better check into it. I have 2 kids an claim 2 and have many days away from home. The Bush cuts are ending and the Obama plan is starting. The year after next I will owe more with the same income. Obama is slick. All of this is taking place now but people won't see it until after the elections. They were going to do it last year but it would interfere with his 8 year term

Just found out all this money I'm making is going to cause me to owe next year because I am considered rich in the Obama plan. Y'all better check into it. I have 2 kids an claim 2 and have many days away from home. The Bush cuts are ending and the Obama plan is starting. The year after next I will owe more with the same income. Obama is slick. All of this is taking place now but people won't see it until after the elections. They were going to do it last year but it would interfere with his 8 year term

Yup, welcome to my world. I got a running bill bill with the IRS.

But he said, he wouldn't tax us more....:crybaby:

He said he wouldn't increase the middle class. His definition of middle class is $50k
It won't affect a lot of people but us rich ltl drivers that has a working wife will probably owe next year. I have a lot of deductions and the same income next year I would owe $1500 and the following year I would owe $2700. If my wife didn't work I would get a $6000 return. This is mainly going to affect those of us that want to work. It won't affect the "give me" crowd

He said he wouldn't increase the middle class. His definition of middle class is $50k
It won't affect a lot of people but us rich ltl drivers that has a working wife will probably owe next year. I have a lot of deductions and the same income next year I would owe $1500 and the following year I would owe $2700. If my wife didn't work I would get a $6000 return. This is mainly going to affect those of us that want to work. It won't affect the "give me" crowd

Good...I thought the "gimme" crowd would be affected...My run is so smooth,I guess I should be put into that crowd,huh...

Good...I thought the "gimme" crowd would be affected...My run is so smooth,I guess I should be put into that crowd,huh...

You part time drivers should be ok but keep in mind that I have a lot of deductions. I would still check with a CPA to see if uncle Sam is getting enough. It's going to affect a lot of retired folks that make a few bucks on the side also

How do people get more back on their income tax than they paid in the first place?

Deductions...some cheat...I let H&R Block do mine, thataway I'm not gonna get in trouble, I did my taxes for years and I was always nervous, I was taught by the best how to claim stuff that ain't there and you need no reciepts for.

My life is a bit different now, I just let the Block take care of it.

Deductions...some cheat...I let H&R Block do mine, thataway I'm not gonna get in trouble, I did my taxes for years and I was always nervous, I was taught by the best how to claim stuff that ain't there and you need no reciepts for.

My life is a bit different now, I just let the Block take care of it.
My CPA took care of me all the years I was an owner op. Things are a lot simpler these days now that I'm a company driver. h+ r block is probably a third of the cost of my CPA but I would feel guilty using them after all the help she's been. Every year at this time I ride my bike to the Alabama line just to do my taxes. She also educates me on all of this stuff so I won't be hit with any surprises next year.

My CPA took care of me all the years I was an owner op. Things are a lot simpler these days now that I'm a company driver. h+ r block is probably a third of the cost of my CPA but I would feel guilty using them after all the help she's been. Every year at this time I ride my bike to the Alabama line just to do my taxes. She also educates me on all of this stuff so I won't be hit with any surprises next year.

Sounds like you got a diamond in the dirt Bro, stick with what works for you! Keep rockin that one stack shack! I wish I was doin what you love to do, TUL isn't the place it seems. I got my eye out though, that TM is gonna know me before its all over with!!

I hope you get on soon gt. We are booming right now. Texas is covered up, it should help the your area some

I'm Fixn to get started as soon as I finish this "real mans" breakfast. probly should log this as on duty in my comic book.
2012-03-08_06-45-36_562.jpg

Man look at them grits. You must be from the south. That is a MANS breakfast. lol!

I like a big bowl of grits with about three eggs in it...