Estes | Who's the highest paid ltl company in the country

One more ? I know utility varies but any clue on what an avg. check will look like in utility?

Every terminal is different. Our guys make big money on utility. They fill in for teams and schedules. If your hired mainly to cover schedules you will make a good check if you run local all week it will be around $600 on the low end and $1000 on the high end (start pay bring home)You'll have the option to run extra every weekend to make a bad week look good. Based on what I've seen. Utility guys eventually do what suits them after a while.

The TM said he had several runs that no one bid on, like one to Louisville and back 2x a wk. then a halfway on Friday. Would that be something a utility guy picks up?

The TM said he had several runs that no one bid on, like one to Louisville and back 2x a wk. then a halfway on Friday. Would that be something a utility guy picks up?

If nobody wants it, it's yours. Lots of guys get spoiled and don't want laydown runs.

That Louisville turn wouldnt last 5 minutes at many yards. At my barn it would take about 2 years of seniority to grab that run. The only down side is the Louisville bunk room. Tolerable but not the greatest. Sounds like your timing is right on Wolfe. Welcome aboard.

Sometimes I feel many folks save 98% of the time to spend 2% of the time to do what I get paid to do 98% of the time and then get paid $240 a day 2% of the time to do it off the coast somewhere with my family
IMG_20120313_071149-1.jpg

Alright, so I have drug test and physical thursday morning. Then I should be good to go. Taking a little longer than expected but them being busy is a good thing.

Alright, so I have drug test and physical thursday morning. Then I should be good to go. Taking a little longer than expected but them being busy is a good thing.

All good things come to those who wait. LOL

Drug test and all that done. TM said he should have me ready about wed. to do paperwork and watch videos. It's utility at the Hickory terminal, but he has an extra board position open. We'll see how it goes on utility and make the best of it. Appreciate all of yalls info.

Drug test and all that done. TM said he should have me ready about wed. to do paperwork and watch videos. It's utility at the Hickory terminal, but he has an extra board position open. We'll see how it goes on utility and make the best of it. Appreciate all of yalls info.
Try and get the extraboard spot if you can. Some of the city guys I know around the company that were chosen to run extra are telling me they are doing very well this week. The guy that's been calling me is sitting on 2500 miles right now with 2 days of running left. I've been giving him directions and he's on break at approx 800 miles from his home terminal. He is sure to see a $1900 check this week because he has 2 nights left of running

Wow Wolfe, I can't believe ya didn't take the EB, far as I'm concerned, getting to hob knob with Mildew just once..just once..would be worth my entire career away from the family!!

I hear tell that the time you would have with that legend, is worth more than you or I could imagine...I also hear tell that small countries have been sold and bought for the pleasure of sharing a beer with Mildew, some have even killed for the chance..and been killed..once, but only once, a southern city actually sold out to the north...get this, for a mere shot of whiskey with the Dew...

You coulda had it all my friend...ya coulda had it all................

If I was a legend, I wouldn't be hardly able to contain myself, your doin a proper job my friend, much better than I would..knowing me I would abuse the hell out of it...LOL!!!

It ain't easy. $800 phone bill, never get no rest. Always fulfilling womens fantasies so they can have an amazing story to tell their friends. It never ends

Last edited by a moderator: