Yellow | Why are YRC bigwigs snooping around Dallas terminal?

Bring back Roadway's method of Empowerment. Teamsters working without supervision.
I hope that didn't involve Teamsters telling other Teamsters what to do‼️Tell me more about this Empowerment

Most of the yellow management I know would have no part of that.... Good thought though. BIG R GUY likes that!!!!!
If I can work without supervision, anyone can.
charles-manson-then-and-now2.jpg

The dysfunction at 511 is unbelievable‼️The people there now are management from different areas with a couple engineers (dead weight). They are there to rearrange things again (lost count how many) because they believe that one day it might work.This company needs to get back to basic Freight 101 ,A to B on time and don't **** it up‼️

Tell me how it works? Who plays the boss part?
No one is the boss. Yes, there is bound to be a few go to guys that pickup on the computer programs, but anyone who wanted a user ID got one. You could only access operational screens and email, not people's personal info. You basically did everything from print your inbound trl bills, closed your outbound loads, set up your p and d runs. Everything you normally did without some super looking over your shoulder. I did this for almost 5 years at a small terminal and we only saw the boss maybe twice a month. He could see in the computer where he was all the things we were doing, and never complained about anything. Always told us if we did not call or email he assumed we were ok. No one was forced to learn the computer . If you did not want to help that way and just do your normal duties that was fine. It lets you assume duties like you are part owner. It may not be for everyone, but our small group ran a profitable terminal and was told many times by upper management how good we did on our own .

No one is the boss. Yes, there is bound to be a few go to guys that pickup on the computer programs, but anyone who wanted a user ID got one. You could only access operational screens and email, not people's personal info. You basically did everything from print your inbound trl bills, closed your outbound loads, set up your p and d runs. Everything you normally did without some super looking over your shoulder. I did this for almost 5 years at a small terminal and we only saw the boss maybe twice a month. He could see in the computer where he was all the things we were doing, and never complained about anything. Always told us if we did not call or email he assumed we were ok. No one was forced to learn the computer . If you did not want to help that way and just do your normal duties that was fine. It lets you assume duties like you are part owner. It may not be for everyone, but our small group ran a profitable terminal and was told many times by upper management how good we did on our own .
I could see it working at an EOL terminal

Yeah... they are 3rd party company going to all Break-Bulks to evaluate operations and try to save YRC money (insert sacasim here)..they will be in Atlanta until 7/11 and then on to CNC/653.

I guess the employees telling management what the problems were went unheard and they have to get a 3rd party to confirm what we have been telling them for the past 6 years....FUBAR!.....KK
Yea, Like we know what the hell we are talking about!

But we keep hiring bosses. We're up to 6 for a terminal that does 400 bills a day total. They want to hire more too so if a couple of them are on vAcation nobody would have to cover for em. The TM is a micromanager too and wants more bosses. Btw he's roadway

But we keep hiring bosses. We're up to 6 for a terminal that does 400 bills a day total. They want to hire more too so if a couple of them are on vAcation nobody would have to cover for em. The TM is a micromanager too and wants more bosses. Btw he's roadway
More accurately he's a former roadway teamster

When they start that micromanage crap that when I start the world famous " I don't get paid to think! That's your frekin job" attitude. Guess what? I still get paid the same! And they take the heat for anything that happens! I did what I was told to do!

I could see it working at an EOL terminal
You are probably correct on that B. It is not for every terminal, but if you have say 75 percent conscientious people on the board, I would say it has a good chance once you see how well it could work. There will always be the small group that accuses the rest of undermining the union, being a sicka$$, a snitch, a brown noser, etc, etc. it worked best when you had a majority able to open the terminal and close it only because your early guys were not usually there to close. But we all helped each other like trying to figure out the runs so no one had 14 stops, and the rest had 4. You would be surprised how after a few weeks peoples experience and ideas start to come together and you see the place running a lot smoother than with even a fairly sharp supervisor. People that are doing the job, making decisions for themselves. Yes, there will be mistakes made, but it only makes you a better employee. Hope this helps explain empowerment Bart. Not sure if yellow had anything similar, roadway was very big on this and had a lot of smaller terminals running this way.

The part that scares me is some of the new bosses were let go or quit and now are back and put in positions they never did before. Like a guy who was actually an operations manager at a bulk before and now is appointed TM of a city operation. 2 different animals!!!!!!

Tell me how it works? Who plays the boss part?
Roadway ABQ was a forty door EOL terminal with between 25- 30 regulars. When Roadway management approached us about Empowerment I was the senior Teamster on our four man OB shift. I agreed to work in the office and plan things and work the computer. I never saw myself as being in charge. I saw myself as keeping one of my fellow friends working. Over all I would say 97% of the Teamster workers were for it. I found out later on that ABQ management was against it, but had no say so in the matter.
So it came to pass that we Teamsters ran both the IB and OB shifts, without supervision. There were more good days then bad.
After two years of overseeing the OB shift I finally was more then happy to give it up.
I should of added this earlier. The guy who stayed in the office was decided by bid. Just like bidding a starting time, two of the bids were to oversee the IB and OB shifts. And our Teamsters Local 492 Business Agent was all for Empowerment, it kept members working.

Last edited: