Yellow | Why are YRC bigwigs snooping around Dallas terminal?

TE="BIG R GUY, post: 942611, member: 1787"]Why don't you guys have big_truk do a study on the place and present management with some suggestions????[/QUOTE]
Dont need to spend much money on what's wrong.As a driver I can see a whole lot of defiencies in the current operation.it does no good to just move people around.Either in Texas or anywhere else.All these issues start with management.Novice dispatchers in linehaul does not help.The company trying to fit a square peg into a circle doesn't help (use of PTS)

Nothing to apologize for Mystic. You summed up the feelings for a lot of us!
Thanks.
Last night they brought in casuals from a distribution center. 3 of them.
First time I have worked along side casuals. In many moons.
Anyways.... After working around them for just an hour I find that we are seriously underpaid. With some of us working there for over let's say 20 years as an example.... Most can do this with their eyes shut. Now I am talking dock work at an EOL. Most EOL's you pretty well do what you want.... Work... Don't work. Do alot don't do alot.
I know times have changed but if we did what they did they would have been sent home in the first half hour.
And this is not off topic because they were 511 casuals.
I am wondering how long I can hold out before my head explodes from all dumb ::shit:: that goes on in front of me.
I just hope someone is watching over me so it never happens.
Another small rant... But this is the place for it because many of you understand.

Thanks.
Last night they brought in casuals from a distribution center. 3 of them.
First time I have worked along side casuals. In many moons.
Anyways.... After working around them for just an hour I find that we are seriously underpaid. With some of us working there for over let's say 20 years as an example.... Most can do this with their eyes shut. Now I am talking dock work at an EOL. Most EOL's you pretty well do what you want.... Work... Don't work. Do alot don't do alot.
I know times have changed but if we did what they did they would have been sent home in the first half hour.
And this is not off topic because they were 511 casuals.
I am wondering how long I can hold out before my head explodes from all dumb :::shit::: that goes on in front of me.
I just hope someone is watching over me so it never happens.
Another small rant... But this is the place for it because many of you understand.

Without knowing the specifics of what they did, or, more to the point what they didn't do, You might say the same about me. I have never been on a fork lift/tow motor, or been inside of a trailer in 40 yrs. I would be a liability also as a newbie casual. I hope that you guided them along on their journey, so that they also could be the Professional Freight Handler some day that you are.

I just went on with my work.
I understand they are in a new place ... one had been here once or twice. But being thrown into a situation where you don't really know what's going on... Or know the frt.. And so on was put into consideration.
It would be like putting me in a tractor and saying GO!
I am more than willing to help anyone. But they never asked.
Ha... Professional.... Comes with as you know years and years of experience.

I tried to help a new kid the other day. He got his feeling hurt and left early and was back the next day working. When I leave early I get a warning letter. Oh well

I tried to help a new kid the other day. He got his feeling hurt and left early and was back the next day working. When I leave early I get a warning letter. Oh well
That's sad. I would get one too.
Desperate. YRC is desperate and grabbing at straws.
We are grossly underpaid when it comes to knowledge and experience.
They know it. But in the end they are getting what they pay for. When it comes to casuals. It was my first experience in many years as to working with... Or around them. I hope it's the last. But won't be.
My goodness I wish I could retire.

I guess the drivers need to be more alert.With casuals working on the dock and not knowing how to load and distribute the weight on these trailers.These trailers could rock and roll over going down the road.Just like the box cars looked liked on the now defunct Rock Island rail.Scary

I guess the drivers need to be more alert.With casuals working on the dock and not knowing how to load and distribute the weight on these trailers.These trailers could rock and roll over going down the road.Just like the box cars looked liked on the now defunct Rock Island rail.Scary
The Bigwigs told the foremans the max on a pup is 27,700. I sure it will work out fine when you cross-dock the freight:bananag:

crossdocking =one of the biggest mistakes made by management for the sake of bills per hour

511 might be a EOL...Just received our first set of trailer from 531 Friday. Wow! That
is Heavy! What is 745 going to do about it? :bat:

NkVNJGG.jpg

Anyone know why these guys are snooping around Dallas terminal? Are changes coming?
Have seen them around Chicago also. What is YRC trying to pull now????

Reactions: mud
[Q"FreightKicker, post: 943530, member: 29183"]511 might be a EOL...Just received our first set of trailer from 531 Friday. Wow! That
is Heavy! What is 745 going to do about it? :bat:[/QUOTE]
I didnt understand your post about trailer from 531?