TForce | why didn't Indy negiotate a better contract?

theoriginalwebidiot

TB Regular
Credits
local 135 could have negiotated a better contract, let this be a lesson to the rest of you when you negiotate. Reno will see the outline on Sunday and we will show you how to do it, remember you are stuck with the contract for a long time so think long an hard for what you want and stick to it. UPS can not afford labor problems at this time...give them hell and it is time to get what you want or let management drive the truck and work on the dock.

Thats a good one webidiot you guys get on their backs and grind out a better deal.

You bet the rest of us will be waiting to see your report on monday!

Good luck,and Gods speed webidiot my UPS Freight co-worker,get something the rest of us can shoot for this time.

Let me be the first to say thank you very much!

Strength in numbers. You need a bunch of terminals to bargain together to get a strong contract, with a large hub being the center of the unit, without that no one will get more than indy. That has to be the plan.1036316054: If the indy contract(which no one has seen in its entirety) is to weak for you, then you can keep what you get now. The biggest issue for myself is real grievance procedure, to enfore the work rules, without that you are at the mercy of human resources or your local management. If your issue is money and benefits then maybe the union isn't for you? I need a shield from the revolving door of management.:chairshot:

local 135 could have negiotated a better contract, let this be a lesson to the rest of you when you negiotate. Reno will see the outline on Sunday and we will show you how to do it, remember you are stuck with the contract for a long time so think long an hard for what you want and stick to it. UPS can not afford labor problems at this time...give them hell and it is time to get what you want or let management drive the truck and work on the dock.

Reno can do nothing untill they decertify and then they would have to wait one "1" year to bring in a new union and they "Reno" are still behind the rest of us bye at least $2.00 a hr and .08 a mile. :1036316054: Tell me I'm wrong Web

Do any of you out there really listen to what Webidiot says?

He's on here constantly bashing everyone, the union, and those supporting the effort.

All of a sudden he's on here bragging about the superior contract he's going to negioated with UPS and show you all.

Wake up folks this idiot is just that, a web idiot

Say where is webidiots report of the Sundays meeting?

I was looking forward to seeing it on here tonight.

YO webidiot you got your ears on my western co-worker?

Come on now spill the beans,how did your terminal make out pressuring the powers that be, into that great contract you were looking to get for the Reno gang?

Reno can do nothing untill they decertify and then they would have to wait one "1" year to bring in a new union and they "Reno" are still behind the rest of us bye at least $2.00 a hr and .08 a mile. :1036316054: Tell me I'm wrong Web
yes you are wrong we did not decertify we actually won the election and we will be brought up to parity with all other drivers and we are negiotating a contract that will make you sick with envy. Like I've said many times we have been union for nearly 30 years and we are not going anywhere but to the bank with all of our back pay......drink the o kool-aid they will take care of you......ha ha

Why did the Teamsters negotiate a contract in the mid-west were the cost of living is lower and then move it across all the states.
This is going to make a good contract in Freight tough as ABF and Yellow would what the same to be completive.
You as a group should turn it down and have the Teamster's get you a better contract as UPS can afford you a better contract.

WOW! Something we finally agree on.:funky:

yes you are wrong we did not decertify we actually won the election and we will be brought up to parity with all other drivers and we are negiotating a contract that will make you sick with envy. Like I've said many times we have been union for nearly 30 years and we are not going anywhere but to the bank with all of our back pay......drink the o kool-aid they will take care of you......ha ha

Rock On!!! :1036316054:

hugnlug said....

"yes you are wrong we did not decertify we actually won the election and we will be brought up to parity with all other drivers and we are negiotating a contract that will make you sick with envy. Like I've said many times we have been union for nearly 30 years and we are not going anywhere but to the bank with all of our back pay......drink the o kool-aid they will take care of you......ha ha"

Hug...you are very naive to think that you will get anything more than what Indy got. You can believe what the IBT tells you. Either way,I could care less. Yep,you have been union for 30 years...as a Motor Cargo service center. As far as drinking the "o" kool-aid,remember,"O" don't exsist anymore. At leat half of the O top brass is gone in RIC and more are on thier way out the door. Good luck though...you'll need it. Remember not to strike though...they can run the freight around you.

"yes you are wrong we did not decertify we actually won the election and we will be brought up to parity with all other drivers and we are negiotating a contract that will make you sick with envy. Like I've said many times we have been union for nearly 30 years and we are not going anywhere but to the bank with all of our back pay......drink the o kool-aid they will take care of you......ha ha"

Hug...you are very naive to think that you will get anything more than what Indy got. You can believe what the IBT tells you. Either way,I could care less. Yep,you have been union for 30 years...as a Motor Cargo service center. As far as drinking the "o" kool-aid,remember,"O" don't exsist anymore. At leat half of the O top brass is gone in RIC and more are on thier way out the door. Good luck though...you'll need it. Remember not to strike...they can run the freight around you.

Hug...you are very naive to think that you will get anything more than what Indy got. You can believe what the IBT tells you. Either way,I could care less. Yep,you have been union for 30 years...as a Motor Cargo service center. As far as drinking the "o" kool-aid,remember,"O" don't exsist anymore. At leat half of the O top brass is gone in RIC and more are on thier way out the door. Good luck though...you'll need it. Remember not to strike...they can run the freight around you.
First, that wasn't my post. Second We will be Union!!! That is obvious. Why would Buster Brown agree to a card check to begin with? I came from Brown when Brown was a tough company to work for. Guess what? They are even tougher now!!! Technology is a very dangerous means of rule enforcement. Kool-aid drinking thinkers beware, "they can run the freight around you"!!! :hysterical: Get a grip man. :biglaugh:

Well I hear the guy taking over ED.D's job is an old Overnite guy?
So all the upper brass haven't bailed out,theres some still hanging in here.

Now on this thread topic.
You mean to say that the UPS parcel contract expires August of 2008.
So there will be no more cards passed out to any more terminals,as well as no other bargaining,untill the parcel contract has been officialy excepted?

Well I hear the guy taking over ED.D's job is an old Overnite guy?
So all the upper brass haven't bailed out,theres some still hanging in here.

Now on this thread topic.
You mean to say that the UPS parcel contract expires August of 2008.
So there will be no more cards passed out to any more terminals,as well as no other bargaining,untill the parcel contract has been officialy excepted?

The deal that UPS & the Teamsters have is that NO organizing will be done at UPSF until the employee's of Parcel have excepted their contract. Thats when the card check will take place. Also the card check remains in effect for three years. So yes we are at the mercy of parcel members. We can do nothing for as long as it takes for parcel to except or renegotiate a contract.

The deal that UPS & the Teamsters have is that NO organizing will be done at UPSF until the employee's of Parcel have excepted their contract. Thats when the card check will take place. Also the card check remains in effect for three years. So yes we are at the mercy of parcel members. We can do nothing for as long as it takes for parcel to except or renegotiate a contract.

Dec at the latest.

I think it is an outstanding deal, don't you?
http://tdu.org/files/final.pdf

Like I said...I could care less...I like that post that stan made with the link to TDU. Maybe I should re-think this whole teamster thingy...I could stand to make LOTSA $$$ from you union boys...not to mention that every committee I sit on and every job i do i could collect a fat pension from...yeah...thats the ticket ! Note to self...make feeble-minded employees believe in me in order to rob them blind and live like a king at THIER exspense.