FedEx Freight | Why do you NOT want the union

Status
Not open for further replies.
But is it not their right afforded to them by the law to get their cards back? People change their minds everyday.

For the most part yes, it's been all business here but the pro guys have the attitude that you're either with us or you're against us. I'm am/was friends with all, now most of them won't even look at us, much less talk to us, just because we oppose their movement. Childish IMO but that's just my opinion.

I haven't seen any favoritism here toward anyone, everybody is still treated the same by management...fair and by the book.

I was friends with most everyone in the terminal. I was labeled bad news by anti guys. The division in our ranks came from the anti side. Yes, we brought the union to town. It was business, not personal. The same can not be said for the other side of the fence.

SHOCKER...everyone from all the departments talks to me like nothing happened and I am okay with it because I know I did not initiate any discontent. I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that everything the anti side accuses the pro side of, they themselves are the ones who initiated and perpetuate the negativity but act like their the voice of reason. This is the case at my terminal. Your mileage may vary.

Examples please. I was not hung out to dry and have been in constant contact with the IBT and the local. They didn't promise me a damned thing. One thing I learned throughout this campaign is that I work with a lot of snakes. Guys talking out of both sides of their mouths. They say they're for the union but run to management when they find out any tidbit of information. It's flat out selfishness that drives these snakes. While I admire their will of self-preservation, doing at my expense will not be taken lightly from myself or brothers. So while you take the stance of the rest of the anti-union fan boys, find out what a brotherhood means. While you're at it, ask someone on the organizing committee about what actually happened. Your arguments are laced in ignorance until then.
Sounds like you have really bought into the teamsters violent and corrupt mantra, with quotes like "doing at my expense will not be taken lightly from myself or brothers". What are you planning to do to the ones who don't agree with your views? Attitudes like that only reaffirm the poor image of the teamsters. Keep spewing the hate, you are helping the non union cause. Thanks

Sounds like you have really bought into the teamsters violent and corrupt mantra, with quotes like "doing at my expense will not be taken lightly from myself or brothers". What are you planning to do to the ones who don't agree with your views? Attitudes like that only reaffirm the poor image of the teamsters. Keep spewing the hate, you are helping the non union cause. Thanks
Now then Purple... Again, as a casual observer, I notice you left off his description of basically, liars, cheats and rats, doing so at his expense (personally). Not just the expense of his cause. You expect friendships to remain intact under those terms? Not sure that is a reasonable expectation. Wasn't your buddy Red, speaking of his distaste for liars and rats on the other side?

I'll let you get back to your exaggerated theme of violent, corrupt union tactics.

You are good at picking out a small piece and taking it out of context. It's a good think you're a steering wheel holder, natural selection would've taken hold otherwise.

From the report:

"Consider General Motors, now on the verge of bankruptcy. The UAW agreed to concessions in the 2007 contracts and has made more concessions since then. If General Motors had invested successfully in producing an inexpensive electric car, and if sales of that new vehicle had made GM profitable, then the UAW would not have agreed to any concessions. The UAW would be demanding higher wages. After the union tax, R&D investments earn lower returns for GM than for its non-union competitors such as Toyota and Honda."

This UAW, they kinda remind me of an ex-wife who never stops wanting more child support everytime her ex-husband gets a raise or a better job.

Not to mention ... Nobody has been promised anything!
The drivers in CKB were "promised" union support for signing that card....then the union pulled the vote AFTER a majority of drivers said they WANTED to the election to occur!
I'd say the union turned it's back on these drivers.

Did you notice where the article said not only has union membership declined but the number of jobs created actually increased, thus lowering unemployment?
Simply amazing!
Again Redracer I must interject wisdom here.So you believe everything Pres.Obama said in his State of The Union Adrress? Ok then..go tread water.

Again Redracer I must interject wisdom here.So you believe everything Pres.Obama said in his State of The Union Adrress? Ok then..go tread water.
You've obviously gotten me mistaken with someone else...I don't believe anything The Ruler says, much less any of the Commucrats.
That info came straight from the CKB drivers!

Nope...just the ones who speak for the majority.
Let's keep it simple. In the 20's and 30's the unions came along at a great time. Work hours were horrendous and pay scales were pathetic. For the next 40 years the National Master Freight Agreement gave Union workers great salaries and benefits. However, the non- Union carriers benefitted also. I worked my first 14 years with Thurston(non-Union. We got a raise every time the unions did. We were always below their top out pay, but life was still good. After salaries started equaling out in the 90's the unions were not that necessary. Except for one reason, leverage. Now that the few Union companies no longer control enough freight to change the economy, a strike would be useless. Now though, there is nothing to elevate salaries and benefits for all of the non- Union carriers. I am now retired from Yellow, and there is a need once again for Union carriers. That is the only bargaining power the non's have to get raises and any kind of guaranteed retirement. Without them, fed-ex, Conway, etc. will continue the slave labor tactics while threatening jobs daily. (I'm aware some non- Union lifers will see this as propaganda, and that's fine). Just gave my opinion. THANKS

Let's keep it simple. In the 20's and 30's the unions came along at a great time. Work hours were horrendous and pay scales were pathetic. For the next 40 years the National Master Freight Agreement gave Union workers great salaries and benefits. However, the non- Union carriers benefitted also. I worked my first 14 years with Thurston(non-Union. We got a raise every time the unions did. We were always below their top out pay, but life was still good. After salaries started equaling out in the 90's the unions were not that necessary. Except for one reason, leverage. Now that the few Union companies no longer control enough freight to change the economy, a strike would be useless. Now though, there is nothing to elevate salaries and benefits for all of the non- Union carriers. I am now retired from Yellow, and there is a need once again for Union carriers. That is the only bargaining power the non's have to get raises and any kind of guaranteed retirement. Without them, fed-ex, Conway, etc. will continue the slave labor tactics while threatening jobs daily. (I'm aware some non- Union lifers will see this as propaganda, and that's fine). Just gave my opinion. THANKS

Pretty historically accurate..........unions did a lot of good back in the time before governmental agencies provided a lot of protections to workers.......

I do disagree with simply giving the unions all the benefit for the salary and benefit increases in the industry in the middle point though........

In that time frame the government helped the companies act as a "monopoly" within the industry.........if a company's labor costs were too high (union or non) they simply had the regulators jack up rates and passed those costs onto the customers, which basically ensured the companies would always make the level of profits desired.....basically the companies were not overly concerned with salary increases, as long as they felt reasonably sure it would be covered by the next set of rates put forth by the ICC that would have to be observed by all within the industry, thus ensuring no loss of business.....

Deregulation pretty well slammed that candy store door shut............which is why we have seen the companies with high fixed cost obligations struggle and the main reason so many legacy union carriers have closed up shop. Right or wrong, it has created a market that forces companies to balance cost with price offering to their customers. Several companies try to walk the line between offering a good price to the customer, while keeping their costs (compensation being a part of that) at a point that allows desired profits, obviously easier said than done.........

Basically, if I can set the price of my product and I know that no one else can undercut that price, do I really care what my product costs to produce? Nope, I can just ensure the sales price is always pushed up high enough to allow the profit I want........

Status
Not open for further replies.