FedEx Freight | Why is Fedex becoming so openly hostile to its drivers???

eaton

TB Lurker
Credits
I usually just observe forums and am not much into posting but it has got to the point that I have to ask a question. I am a city driver with a little bit of seniority under my belt and I have observed a steadily increasing trend of open hostility and disrespect towards us. What is with this? Why have we become the enemy of this company? I just want to do my job in peace. I enjoy what I do and believe in our product but I cannot understand why when we are the footsoldiers why we are being treated as the enemy.

:TR10driving03: I think it boils down to the idea if they make enough drivers mad they will leave and the company will not have to fork out anymore money for their little cheezy payoff. I don't think they have gotten past the concept stage if they get rid of the drivers who is going to break the freight either in the city or the road. I guess they think they can just hire someone else off the street and pay them less and everything else will take care of itself, but who is going to train them if we are all gone? Like cutting off you nose to spite your face.

I usually just observe forums and am not much into posting but it has got to the point that I have to ask a question. I am a city driver with a little bit of seniority under my belt and I have observed a steadily increasing trend of open hostility and disrespect towards us. What is with this? Why have we become the enemy of this company? I just want to do my job in peace. I enjoy what I do and believe in our product but I cannot understand why when we are the footsoldiers why we are being treated as the enemy.

VERY GOOD QUESTION ,,, and WELCOME to The Boards.... To your question,,,, I among others would like to know that too.... It goes back to the latest cd as in "if you don't like it here, GET LOST" ...... How can you expect to have employees with a good attitude,,, or in their terms,,, "Actively Engaged" ,,, when you treat everybody like expendable cat poop.... ????? Thats Exactly what they are doing,,, have a High turnover rate , and you get rid of the "pension" ( Thats a laugh) ,, vacation,, etc...... Like the cd said,,, (and most of us knew already) ,,, this "company" doesn't give a damn about us..... I must say,,, before the bend over people start,,, is I would LOVE to have a great attitude about this company like I used too.... How about 'management' treating us like part of the team,,,,,, instead of part of the problem........ "They" and the stock holders would get ALOT MORE return.......... Ok,,, I'm done now,,,, for now.....

My opinion from many years is that the first operational goal of management is to harass (, i.e. to create an unpleasant or hostile situation for especially by uninvited and unwelcome verbal or physical conduct,) the hired help, and after that paying attention to the actual business of transportation. And most of them dont have a clue in regards to the second one.

Pay cuts by management while not extreme, still = less dough for same or more bs from above. Couple that with upper breathing hot and heavy down their necks for something new everyday, slow freight - no freight, layoffs, po'd peers, mama ain't happy no more, kids need braces, car broke down, and no real end in sight for seriously...at least 2 more years, and yeah some have lost that lovin' feelin. But, if there are any real managers left, who have actually been in this business for an extended period of time, they know this is the trucking industry. It ain't always happy times but they get over it and survive. All the rest just worm around making life miserable for some, but their time is coming, too.

Because they know that most people will stay and put up with it right now because there just isnt as many jobs to go to. Plus I feel some of management is just passing down what they are getting. I know that at my barn they want to feel like they are forcing you to do it instead of letting you do it on your own. They just dont understand that a thank you and some respect cost them nothing and goes a long way(sometimes more then money).

I myself have encountered attitude from management lately...still trying to figure out what I did or didn't do to deserve the smart mouth.....oh well I'm still employed......for now.

its just a job, i reall y feel for thaose that lost thier jobs, with more company time, than the other guy, they did change the layoff policy to fit their agenda, it was supposed to go by co. seniority period, i know some will argue that point, but they are wrong, now the have done away with a lay off policy altogether, at least i cant find it in the new handbook, oh well i have done alot harder jobs for alot less, and have taken way more crap than these guys can dish out, just look at them and smile when they think they are getting under your skin.

From what I hear management is getting treated the same as the city drivers. I am just a city driver but this ain't af anymore. I don't think the policies of have fun or people first are part of fexex policy. I think it is get it on any trailer and make the driver figure out how to deliver it. Sure we can load a straight truck delivery on a van is the dock supervisor mentality!!!! I can believe every city driver has been in this situation.

ok, I'm a newbie here and I'm also not a truck driver but I am a driver.....school bus
driver, 20 years and it is the same in my industry, once you have seniority they start
treating you like doodoo. They push you to retire so they can bring on lower paid
drivers. They give all the extra work to the new hires and forget all about the ones
that are there day after day not abusing sick time. They have stated for the last
two years that the seniority list doesn't exist anymore. Hopefully our union can do
something about that but for now I still count the days til I can say take this job
and shove it. I could go on and on but its saturday and time for my nap

Its just a job. Get over it and go on. You all sound like a bunch of babies. o you go every night and cry to your spouses. Get on with life already.

Been Going on a long time, Just getting Worse

It's no secret that a lot of the companies( not all) work this way. Many try to weed or starve drivers out using various tactics, to make room for the newbies or students at lower pay.
Years ago drivers would just go from company to company until they found a decent company that maintained higher ethics and driver respect, one reason for the high turn over rate. (Trucking has had the highest turnover rate of any industry)
With the economy the way it is, drivers are tolerating a lot more and the management knows this.
I expect it will get worse before it gets better.

<input id=&quot;gwProxy&quot; type=&quot;hidden&quot;><input onclick=&quot;jsCall();&quot; id=&quot;jsProxy&quot; type=&quot;hidden&quot;><input id=&quot;gwProxy&quot; type=&quot;hidden&quot;><input onclick=&quot;jsCall();&quot; id=&quot;jsProxy&quot; type=&quot;hidden&quot;><input id=&quot;gwProxy&quot; type=&quot;hidden&quot;><input onclick=&quot;jsCall();&quot; id=&quot;jsProxy&quot; type=&quot;hidden&quot;>

I do the job the best I can.
Then I go home and enjoy myself.
Nobody really gives me any problems other than the typical management BS you'll find anywhere you work.
But so far, this is the best truckin' job I've had and I've had plenty of them (dry-van, reefer, flatbed, RPS/FedEx Ground, US mail).
Some of these outfits are REALLY bad...as in people getting in your face, ripping you off, starving you out...I ran into a CR England driver who leased a truck and he pissed them off so they shut off his fuel card and left him stranded at a service plaza.
There is ALOT of whining at this company but that's just the nature of truck drivers so I just take it in stride and go on about my day.
Like they say in the Navy...a b1tchin' sailor is a happy sailor!

Its just a job. Get over it and go on. You all sound like a bunch of babies. o you go every night and cry to your spouses. Get on with life already.

Are you kidding me???? Is this really your FIRST post???? Good thing you have the answer...Like we've never heard this before. I would say &quot;Welcome to the Boards&quot; but honestly, I'm not feeling that...:eck13: