FedEx Freight | Why is Fedex becoming so openly hostile to its drivers???

But so far, this is the best truckin' job I've had and I've had plenty of them (dry-van, reefer, flatbed, RPS/FedEx Ground, US mail).!

Just because it is the best job you have held does not negate the fact that some serious issues have developed here that require some attention.

There is ALOT of whining at this company but that's just the nature of truck drivers so I just take it in stride and go on about my day.!

Are all inequities whining in your eyes at this company? How long have you been here?

There isn't anyone left in upper management from AF. Were getting the attitude and treatment conway drivers dealt with for years.Theres a reason they've been some of the unhappiest drivers on the road.

There isn't anyone left in upper management from AF. Were getting the attitude and treatment conway drivers dealt with for years.Theres a reason they've been some of the unhappiest drivers on the road.

afwheels :clap:

Oh.........I thought it was because they had to drive cut back
STERLING trucks. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

:shift:

I know that middle management is getting a lot of s@it from above.

Instead of being pi*ssed off at the drivers, the smart ones would be trying to win the drivers over to amake thier jobs easier and get the results they need to show their bosses.

Instead, to many managers think they can do it on their own, when in fact when they p*iss off the very people they depend on to get the proper stats, they find themselves under more pressure because what they are doing is simply not working.

If a driver is motivated, he may try to talk a customer into taking a delivery even though we have showed up after they closed. A driver that wants to stick it to their dispatcher or SCM will probably say, "what the f*ck. No Skin off my a*s. Refuse it, I don't care."

Which employee would you rather have representing the company out in the field?

It's not a very difficult question.

FedEx just doesn't get it.

I can't answer the question, but if we go to the 1 board thing I suspect this thread will explode in jan. 2010. Us fat old road drivers will have all the answers after dealing with management used to dealing with city drivers. How would Mgmt. like a full DOT pretrip after every delivery stop? Perfectly within our rights to do so. Stops per hour who gives a rats ***.

dont be scared fatneck, you will bust your but and lose all that weight in no time, besides the future dot regulations wont allow a fat person behind the wheel of a big truck, and one other thing, we will all do what daddy says to do

This is all really a sad comentary on the situation. I've know this for the past 2 years and have personally seen this. There is a total lack of caring. A lack of human emotion if you will.
I understand it's a business but for God sake this is really going to the extreme.

This is all really a sad comentary on the situation. I've know this for the past 2 years and have personally seen this. There is a total lack of caring. A lack of human emotion if you will.
I understand it's a business but for God sake this is really going to the extreme.

I Totally agree with ya !!!!!! :clap:

Agreed. The best part of the job is after you leave the gate. I also like the idea of a full DOT pretrip after every stop.

A word to the road drivers who might be thinking of coming back local..... if you did it before, it isn't like you remembered it, and if you've never done it, get ready for some culture shock.

Alright, let's talk about this in Star Trek terms.
Let's say you're on a federation starship and you work under a good captain and crew and everybody's happy-go-lucky.
Then one day, the Borg unexpectedly show up in your quadrant with one of those huge cube ships and they lock their tractor beam on your starship and assimilate the captain and crew into Borg.
So now what do you do?
Well, you aren't going to change the Borg because they're Borg.
They mindlessly go around assimilating other starships and cultures because that's just what they do.
You can't argue with the Borg because they don't care what you say and they don't recognize you anyway...in fact they have this nasty habit of walking right past you if you try and talk with them as if you didn't exist.
You can **** and moan but will generally get the same response.

So you can either stay on the Borg ship doing your task to the betterment of the Borg collective or you can hatch some daring escape plan and make a run for it and maybe get on with another starship and crew. But then the Borg will eventually be around to assimilate that ship too.

OK, now do you guys get it? :biglaugh::nutkick:

meborg2.jpg

The last CD did nothing to improve the drivers attitude toward the company , poor decision on their part .

Alright, let's talk about this in Star Trek terms.
Let's say you're on a federation starship and you work under a good captain and crew and everybody's happy-go-lucky.
Then one day, the Borg unexpectedly show up in your quadrant with one of those huge cube ships and they lock their tractor beam on your starship and assimilate the captain and crew into Borg.
So now what do you do?
Well, you aren't going to change the Borg because they're Borg.
They mindlessly go around assimilating other starships and cultures because that's just what they do.
You can't argue with the Borg because they don't care what you say and they don't recognize you anyway...in fact they have this nasty habit of walking right past you if you try and talk with them as if you didn't exist.
You can **** and moan but will generally get the same response.

So you can either stay on the Borg ship doing your task to the betterment of the Borg collective or you can hatch some daring escape plan and make a run for it and maybe get on with another starship and crew. But then the Borg will eventually be around to assimilate that ship too.

OK, now do you guys get it? :biglaugh::nutkick:

OK, so do I understand correctly??? In all your glossy, creative, way of explaining things, at the end of the day, you are just saying "If you don't like it, Leave." Creative, but still a cop-out. I don't just LEAVE when things get a little uncomfortable. Quitters just leave...

So, just because the economy is HORRIBLE and the powers that be know this, does not give them the right to disrespect us and degenerate working conditions and morale.

Leave is not the answer, lets find a solution. :shift:

I don't understand the necessity for what Mr. Reed did.... If you have problems with certain drivers how about adressing them I don't need comments like what was on the cd.... I found a letter in my mailbox from management to all drivers saying no more exersizing on the yard whether you are on the clock or not and dont drop any personal trailers or move anything out in the company parking lot. Ok, I got that but I didn't need the snive comment about how the parking lot "is not a meeting place".... No ::shit:: sherlock... Where the hell did that come from?
I think back over the last 14 years of doing the best job I could do and here I get talked to like a child like that and how we need to build this "diversity" house. I thought most people had stopped playing with tinker toys a long time ago... I see guys with 12 years of service to this company reassigned to the BOTTOM of the dock where they are lucky to get enough hours to make ends meet while someone with 3 MONTHS with the company was put ahead of them in seniority what the hell???? I see purchase carriers crawling all over the yard in CLT and especially in ATL and I wonder what the hell is going on when I have NEVER seen so many before. I really try to be "engaged" but with stuff like this going on it becomes more and more difficult...

I didn't need the snive comment about how the parking lot "is not a meeting place".... No ::shit:: sherlock... Where the hell did that come from?

They don't want us congregating. They feel we are conspiring against them, when all we are doing actually, is talking about politics or the plans for the weekend. That's ok, let them get paranoid, they need to be, we are.

OK, so do I understand correctly??? In all your glossy, creative, way of explaining things, at the end of the day, you are just saying "If you don't like it, Leave." Creative, but still a cop-out. I don't just LEAVE when things get a little uncomfortable. Quitters just leave...

So, just because the economy is HORRIBLE and the powers that be know this, does not give them the right to disrespect us and degenerate working conditions and morale.

Leave is not the answer, lets find a solution. :shift:

YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED DRIVER!!!!!! :nutkick::biglaugh::biglaugh: