Yellow | Why no fight from the members for better pay/benefits?

Stay tuned for the propaganda like this from YRCW and the IBT soon...

53ds78P.jpg

:violin:
has the union had the first sit down with yRC..it should have been. In may?

Never understood it myself
When I was still with FxF, driving a brand new Volvo, or PB, crisp Polo uniform.
YRC driver would buml the same dock in a 20yr old Volvo that literally NOTHING worked, only what it needed to pass Dot. A/C? pfft! Radio? Naah. Windows broken in the down position.
Driver in cut off jeans, and a tank top, with shoes that look like something you'd cut the grass in.

Dude,We're hiring at FX! You can go straight to a bid road run, or a city route

Yrc driver:Thanks, but they just called me back after 8mo layoff. Sticking with them for my retirement.

Never understood it myself
When I was still with FxF, driving a brand new Volvo, or PB, crisp Polo uniform.
YRC driver would buml the same dock in a 20yr old Volvo that literally NOTHING worked, only what it needed to pass Dot. A/C? pfft! Radio? Naah. Windows broken in the down position.
Driver in cut off jeans, and a tank top, with shoes that look like something you'd cut the grass in.

Dude,We're hiring at FX! You can go straight to a bid road run, or a city route

Yrc driver:Thanks, but they just called me back after 8mo layoff. Sticking with them for my retirement.
Stay a YRC I spent 18 years at FX and my pension was 30,000 when I left. The money is good but health insurance and retirement suck. If you don't build yourself a huge 401k your not retiring early.

Oh.
To answer your question. In part.
No where near April 1st 19.
They will wait. As usual.
They will want a short period of time for the rank and file to decide.
Pressure the people.
Second.. They don't give a ::shit::.
:17142:

Oh.
To answer your question. In part.
No where near April 1st 19.
They will wait. As usual.
They will want a short period of time for the rank and file to decide.
Pressure the people.
Second.. They don't give a :::shit:::.
:17142:
and then there will be many votes until you get it right

and then there will be many votes until you get it right

How many times are we going to hear the "vote till you get it right" BS?

1) Company and union negotiators hammer out a tentative agreement.

2) Tentative agreement is put to a vote by the membership.

3) Membership votes down tentative agreement.

4) Company and union negotiators go back and adjust/tweak/change various parts of original proposal.

5) Revised proposal is put to a vote by the membership.

6) If accepted by membership REVISED proposal is agreed to. If rejected by membership repeat steps 4 and 5.

What's so hard to understand about this? This is the way it's been done for decades.

yrc.....lol

should have kept it yellow.....this way you people would be working somewhere else by now if you know what i mean....be glad there was a company named roadway that kept you working for the past 10 years lol

There’s a line in the sand. Don’t even need to talk about it. After 10 years of 15% and no retirement equaling a concession of about $200,000 each, and after having that MOU rammed down our throats. I hope both the union leadership that they love and the company knows we”re done.
Restore all concessions...plus a 3% annual raise. That’s not getting us ahead, it’s just getting us back. Anything else is a no vote for me.

I've been sitting on the sidelines. Moved on from YRC in 2009. Any reason why there is no fight for better benefits and pay? Seems like the perfect time to ask for more? Why isn't anyone questioning the union about asking for more? Curious what the local presidents have been saying about this if you have any experiences? What are they going to do when their Public employee unions crumble?
Because there are no Teamster Brothers anymore. Just dues paying sheep who have no idea what the dues deduction is on their paystub, and those who dont pay dues, due to the right wing Right To Work bamboozle. And then there are those just looking to retire.
Oh, I forgot about the fat ass, lazy, Hoffa supporting locals.