Yellow | Why no fight from the members for better pay/benefits?

How many times are we going to hear the "vote till you get it right" BS?

1) Company and union negotiators hammer out a tentative agreement.

2) Tentative agreement is put to a vote by the membership.

3) Membership votes down tentative agreement.

4) Company and union negotiators go back and adjust/tweak/change various parts of original proposal.

5) Revised proposal is put to a vote by the membership.

6) If accepted by membership REVISED proposal is agreed to. If rejected by membership repeat steps 4 and 5.

What's so hard to understand about this? This is the way it's been done for decades.
My partner just called and asked if I would put # 7) in for you. Says you probably just overlooked it.
7) Full rate,or lock the gate....

Stay tuned for the propaganda like this from YRCW and the IBT soon...

53ds78P.jpg

:violin:
Same old song & dance , 2019 Match the Non-Union Pay Scale or Lock the gate period ...............

My partner just called and asked if I would put # 7) in for you. Says you probably just overlooked it.
7) Full rate,or lock the gate....
Let's not forget, a $100.00 gift card and extra day off to spend with the family, or lock the gate!!

Been reading you guys posts for years now. Yep it's me .... lonesomelion,... got that pen name years ago when I started on here so you'd think I was one of the guys. It's something how us wives of the YRC suffer right along with you guys and mostly just read what you have to say but never put their 2 cents worth in because we're afraid to say anything or don't know what to say. Well, it's my turn to talk after not saying anything for years. I'll admit I did say a few things on here when my husband was YRC Dallas so you'd know when rhe "Big Wigs" were snooping around there. Well, the last COO sent my husband and I and our son to Utah from Dallas Texas. There was only 1 opening and he got it, ... no one from Dallas wanted it. We're Mormons so Utah was the place we wanted anyway. So, after being Roadway Sacramento California, then Dallas Texas for over 30 years, we finally got Utah, right where we wanted! One month into work here in Salt Lake City, Utah, my husband had a massive, widow maker heart attack and died at 54 years old. That left me with what we sold our house for in Texas, one time Survivor benefits that wont last long, and a lifetime benefit of $600 per month. Fortunately i have nice parents willing to take us in for a bit until we know what's next. Its extremely sad that the retirement was taken away, ... you people that worked so DANG hard for this company like my husband did DESERVE SO MUCH MORE!!! He was so devoted to being a loyal hard working employee, and he was smart, he knew all the rules to the point that his co workers were turning to him for answers when something came up with greivences or whatever. And he knew how to handle management because he knew all the rules. If they messed with him, he would turn it right back in their faces. Oh and Wongway, you said it right, not enough lions in this place, too many sheep. I guess that's why I called myself lonesomelion, that and I wanted to look tough among all you tough truckers, Ha! Anyway, you guys and gals, wives, husbands, hang in there.... I'll be praying for you.

We all should realize this is not all there is in life.
Perspective. It's a hard thing to have with so much going on.
Especially now. This is or seems to be a turning point. And who knows which way it will go? Most likely not in our direction.
Its a sad thing to hear about your husband. Sorry. Fairly young. Sorry.
We do bring it home with us. No matter how hard we try not to.
We all can deny it. But we do it with any job.
The thing about standing up to them is there is no point. We still do. Don't get me wrong. But it's changed. They don't care. And so many people are just waiting because it's time to pass the torch to the next generation. Thousands are waiting. Probably the most people in their history are gonna retire all at once. They know that. Now what?
That's the big question. Are they going give us what we earned?
I didn't say want. Earned.
And let us leave peacefully? Probably not.

about 15 years ago i had a conversation about up coming contract with some 20-30 year olds . their words were exactly . give me $2 more per hour and they can keep their pension . ill save for my own retirement . yeah right
When I was qualifying to get hired on one of the management guys that I was test driving with told me about this great pension plan and I acknowledge I wasn't too concerned with that pension and he asked why not?I told him the pension probably wont be there when I retire.Plus I knew what entity was managing it.Sure enough 20years later it's almost to become factual.Imagine that

I've been sitting on the sidelines. Moved on from YRC in 2009. Any reason why there is no fight for better benefits and pay? Seems like the perfect time to ask for more? Why isn't anyone questioning the union about asking for more? Curious what the local presidents have been saying about this if you have any experiences? What are they going to do when their Public employee unions crumble?
Well in Missouri voters scrap right-to-work law, now we need to strike, and walk a picket LINE For a Fair Days PAY /benefits?

Last edited:
Been reading you guys posts for years now. Yep it's me .... lonesomelion,... got that pen name years ago when I started on here so you'd think I was one of the guys. It's something how us wives of the YRC suffer right along with you guys and mostly just read what you have to say but never put their 2 cents worth in because we're afraid to say anything or don't know what to say. Well, it's my turn to talk after not saying anything for years. I'll admit I did say a few things on here when my husband was YRC Dallas so you'd know when rhe "Big Wigs" were snooping around there. Well, the last COO sent my husband and I and our son to Utah from Dallas Texas. There was only 1 opening and he got it, ... no one from Dallas wanted it. We're Mormons so Utah was the place we wanted anyway. So, after being Roadway Sacramento California, then Dallas Texas for over 30 years, we finally got Utah, right where we wanted! One month into work here in Salt Lake City, Utah, my husband had a massive, widow maker heart attack and died at 54 years old. That left me with what we sold our house for in Texas, one time Survivor benefits that wont last long, and a lifetime benefit of $600 per month. Fortunately i have nice parents willing to take us in for a bit until we know what's next. Its extremely sad that the retirement was taken away, ... you people that worked so DANG hard for this company like my husband did DESERVE SO MUCH MORE!!! He was so devoted to being a loyal hard working employee, and he was smart, he knew all the rules to the point that his co workers were turning to him for answers when something came up with greivences or whatever. And he knew how to handle management because he knew all the rules. If they messed with him, he would turn it right back in their faces. Oh and Wongway, you said it right, not enough lions in this place, too many sheep. I guess that's why I called myself lonesomelion, that and I wanted to look tough among all you tough truckers, Ha! Anyway, you guys and gals, wives, husbands, hang in there.... I'll be praying for you.
From one of His CoWorkers i just want you to know that your Husband really was a Great Guy to work with. He ran that Frisco area f
for a long time with that liftgate before Frisco got all built up with all the docks, he was like you said one of the true to the spirit hard workers and just dedicated to doing his job and always had a positive and upbeat attitude. The only thing i see you leaving out in your post was his humor and that hard laugh he had that when he was laughing so hard turning red it just Made you laugh just as hard as him, really good hearted and fun person to the core. I was just moved to second your post about your Husband, My prayers to your family.

What about....

No sheep at YRC, just lots of cowardly lions....seen it first-hand. The old dogs growl and bluff then fold like a deck of cards because they got kids in school, nice house, bass boat hooked to a $50k truck and know they will have to actually do work should the doors close. It's not the young guys, it's guys in my age bracket that will cave and just keep wantonly damaging equipment, freight and morale. YRC isn't that bad, it's the whiny, poor attitude old guard that voted for the give-backs but I have yet to find anyone admit it, that make the place a cesspool for others with a conscience and work ethic.

No sheep at YRC, just lots of cowardly lions....seen it first-hand. The old dogs growl and bluff then fold like a deck of cards because they got kids in school, nice house, bass boat hooked to a $50k truck and know they will have to actually do work should the doors close. It's not the young guys, it's guys in my age bracket that will cave and just keep wantonly damaging equipment, freight and morale. YRC isn't that bad, it's the whiny, poor attitude old guard that voted for the give-backs but I have yet to find anyone admit it, that make the place a cesspool for others with a conscience and work ethic.
Wow.
That's assuming alot.
I've been here well over thirty and I. Wouldn't have said that on my 3rd post on the board.
Management?
Makes ya wonder.
All my vehicles are paid off.
Along with everything else. Almost.
Kids are all grown up.
But I don't care one way or another in closure.
Life doesn't end at YRC and it's closure.
:emoticon digging:

Your unique experience at YRC lasted how long and when?

UOTE="Elwood, post: 1293591, member: 192"]Your unique experience at YRC lasted how long and when?[/QUOTE]You Yrc see brothers and sisters read my post on the Holland site what a newbie just told me that might be why we need to fight even more in 09 if it is true about abf

2019 they will have to Match the higher Non-union pay scale if they ever want to hire drivers and still open ...............r.i.p.

Your unique experience at YRC lasted how long and when?

Long enough to see exactly what I've said. I wasn't raised to act like a child when the chips are down, that's when you pull yourself up and dig in. You don't damage freight while working 3 bills an hour, or take a 45 minute nap on the way to scale a load out and take 4 hours to make a 3 hour run while guys on the other end are waiting on their freight to deliver. It's not all, but again, the amount of BS that goes on and is tolerated is unreal.

Long enough to see exactly what I've said. I wasn't raised to act like a child when the chips are down, that's when you pull yourself up and dig in. You don't damage freight while working 3 bills an hour, or take a 45 minute nap on the way to scale a load out and take 4 hours to make a 3 hour run while guys on the other end are waiting on their freight to deliver. It's not all, but again, the amount of BS that goes on and is tolerated is unreal.

It’s a darn shame. Nothing justifies the behavior of seasoned veterans with great skill and knowledge, shirking their duties. It’s not hard to meet production ‘goals’ at even half speed.

I am consistently stymied when loads I strip are not safe, lacking the MANY tools we have available. I blame labor and supervisors.

Young workers have their issues, too. I attribute it to ignorance and inexperience. Many have plenty of hustle, but do not take time to observe how the experienced work ‘smart.’

Inability to read a map book, preferring to follow directions from a personal device.

Failure to load routes for ease of unloading and maximizing bills on trailers.

A basic misunderstanding of spatial relations and the effect of motion and impact on freight in transit by truck vs rail.

Some act childish in good times or in bad. I hope you have found a place in which you are comfortable and content.