Central Transport | Why no payscale?

:Off-Topic:I know this is a odd question but I need clarification....The use of the apostrophe....Is it used to form plurals of proper words. So as in banana's or apple's this would be incorrect...Right? ie.... Where's your keys? Would that be correct? The use of an apostrophe is used to indicate possession....So at times it becomes confusing for this ole timer??? Please advise.

An apostrophe implies ownership ( proper nouns that are possessive) . Example:

Those are Runawaytrain's apples, not Popswasnatlman's apples.

"Where's your keys" is simply bad grammer Train. What you are saying is : "where is your keys". This should be : "where are your keys".

Hey, we aren't english teachers, we are truck drivers.

An apostrophe implies ownership ( proper nouns that are possessive) . Example:

Those are Runawaytrain's apples, not Popswasnatlman's apples.

"Where's your keys" is simply bad grammer Train. What you are saying is : "where is your keys". This should be : "where are your keys".

Hey, we aren't english teachers, we are truck drivers.
Thank You Pops

In my area-Indiana- a new hire will receive a $1000 sign-on bonus after completing one year of service IF(BIG IF) he/she has no accidents, no job related injuries,no suspensions, ect. If you refer said new employee, you will also receive $500 at the end of the one year's time.This is what it has come down to. They can't even get people to come in and fill out the app's anymore. I did not ask if I still had to be employed here to get my check, as I would probably be in hiding cause that sumbitch would be looking for me.

In my area-Indiana- a new hire will receive a $1000 sign-on bonus after completing one year of service IF(BIG IF) he/she has no accidents, no job related injuries,no suspensions, ect. If you refer said new employee, you will also receive $500 at the end of the one year's time.This is what it has come down to. They can't even get people to come in and fill out the app's anymore. I did not ask if I still had to be employed here to get my check, as I would probably be in hiding cause that sumbitch would be looking for me.
"in hiding cause that sumbitch would be looking for me" Good one......But I thought we received our cash after 6 months....but I've been wrong before.

is this year a hire date or calendar year? prob calendar year. lol.

"There is money for Fed Ex management, new equipement, technology etc. Drivers are just not part of Vitran's plan right now."

I don't know how much $$$ management makes at either FedEx or Vitran. I do know that the supervisors who left FedEx said that FedEx wasn't willing to match Vitran's offer. The numbers that I received amounted to a $10000 annual salary increase, plus 2 weeks vacation, to leave FedEx and go to Vitran. That was from 4 supervisors who left FedEx to go to Vitran. A total of 6 (that I can think of) left the local FedEx terminal to work at Vitran. That's only about $60,000/year and if you extrapolate that nationally, probably no more than a few million dollars to get the best management that ever was created anywhere. I don't make the news. I just report it.

"There is money for Fed Ex management, new equipement, technology etc. Drivers are just not part of Vitran's plan right now."

I don't know how much $$$ management makes at either FedEx or Vitran. I do know that the supervisors who left FedEx said that FedEx wasn't willing to match Vitran's offer. The numbers that I received amounted to a $10000 annual salary increase, plus 2 weeks vacation, to leave FedEx and go to Vitran. That was from 4 supervisors who left FedEx to go to Vitran. A total of 6 (that I can think of) left the local FedEx terminal to work at Vitran. That's only about $60,000/year and if you extrapolate that nationally, probably no more than a few million dollars to get the best management that ever was created anywhere. I don't make the news. I just report it.

if they're that great, fed ex would'nt let them go.

if they're that great, fed ex would'nt let them go.

Good point... perhaps they are not that great after all. If they were so great, fed ex would have tried like hell to keep them. Maybe fed ex considers supervisors as useless and replaceable as most places consider drivers. Either way, fed ex has probably suffered significantly from their loss.

best management ever? Someone hand that man a cup to pee in.

tell me which terminal i can go to to rake in 55-60 k. with the zero tolerance for overtime at most terminals i just dont see how a city driver could make that much.

dont forget the high cost of insurance too
and now they want to avoid overtime. so even the good employess who want to work hard and earn a living by cranking out some serious hours cant even build a decent paycheck that way anymore.
low hourly pay + no overtime + no raises + no help with 401k = a workforce that doesnt really give a **** about "chasing greatness".