R&L | Wilmington, Ohio

I worked out of the wilmington ohio yard for 61/2 years, its like this its not a bad place every company has its ups and downs but toward the end it seemed like a lot more downs. They really dont care anymore, one of the down sides about that place is moving up is all about who you know who your drinking buddy is who your related to, thats the only way Terry Mathews got his job TM he was old "drinkin buddies" with greg. Still to this day I bet you if a walked in there I would have to show him how to punch up a pro. The pay is not bad but there are a lot better around and lets face it at the end of the day thats what matters we dont drag are asses to work the companionship. It takes like 3 years just to get 2 weeks vacation, yes they do have the resorts which are nice for free I would always use the TN one to go down to Deals Gap. every once and a while I have a bad day were Im at now and I do think about going back then I think how there were more bad times than good. One plus is that your a driver there not a driver/ dock worker like a lot of the companies are going to.

You are mistaken or just have not been paying attention. Take a look at the jobs posted lately. a lot of terminals are now hiring combo drivers Dock/driver positions. We have 5 or 6 of them.

You are mistaken or just have not been paying attention. Take a look at the jobs posted lately. a lot of terminals are now hiring combo drivers Dock/driver positions. We have 5 or 6 of them.

This must be a new thing, another bad habit we're picking up other companies I guess......
We don't have any "combo divers" at my terminal. Unless you count city/line haul types,
but drivers here don't work the dock then drive or vice-versa.

This must be a new thing, another bad habit we're picking up other companies I guess......
We don't have any "combo divers" at my terminal. Unless you count city/line haul types,
but drivers here don't work the dock then drive or vice-versa.

We have one guy that comes in at around 5:00 pm and works the dock and moves trailers around. If we are busy and there is something to run that night, he runs it. If there is nothing to run, he goes home. They have had this position for years. If a bid run comes along, and he bids on it and gets it, they hire someone else to fill the position. Its at least a way to get your foot in the door!!!

I started here as a combo driver 6 years ago. Coming from Conway the dock didn't bother me. I only did it for two months before a bid opened up. We don't have an extra board. That's what the combo is for. That way if there isn't a run for him he still has work. It beats sitting at home a couple of nights a week.