ODFL | Windshield reflections

Used to catch a bunch of base station guys on 17 up around Blountville, TN on I-81 around that 4-5 a.m. hour as recently as last year. Couple of them had big enough power that they'd bleed over onto 19 for several miles as I was passing through. I'd drop down and wave at them.

You're right, just the wake-up I often needed at that time. Probably kept me alive a few mornings.
There was a hi-powered base station around Fancy Gap on I 77, you couldn't talk to anyone 200 hundred ft from you when he was on.
A lot of trucks gave him a hard time, but he played good Wilma Lee and Stoney Cooper music, I was fine with that.

So what is the phone policy?
At OD. If your holding phone in your hand. You get one verbal warning that holding a phone is distracted driving, and illegal. After that. Probably termination. You CAN mount the phone on dash or in cup holder, and you are allowed to touch the screen to answer calls or change a podcast. Just can’t have it in your hand if the trucks moving.

I just want to contribute some ways to reduce the effect of the windshield glare in a pretty reasonable way (for Android phone only sorry, you will have to figure it out for Iphone)

1. Change the settings of your phone to "Nightmode"
2. Take a photo of something where it is pitch black. Have nothing visible in that pic. Go to gallery-->click the 3 dots I think and do "Change background + Lock Screen". Now your background and lock screen will emit way less light...there is a huge difference between even a blue background and one that is blacked out
3. Go to Chrome browser and change settings to night mode
4. Go to google maps and change settings to always in night mode
5. Disable notifications for your major apps. For example if you have youtube app and notifications are enabled, it will send a giant pic of a preview of the youtube video with a description to your lock screen. Disable whatever apps are sending bright light notifications.
6. Create Folders and move 5-6 app buckets into the folders instead of just having them out. This is a bit overkill and annoying but it will indeed reduce the light your phone emits.

I just want to contribute some ways to reduce the effect of the windshield glare in a pretty reasonable way (for Android phone only sorry, you will have to figure it out for Iphone)

1. Change the settings of your phone to "Nightmode"
2. Take a photo of something where it is pitch black. Have nothing visible in that pic. Go to gallery-->click the 3 dots I think and do "Change background + Lock Screen". Now your background and lock screen will emit way less light...there is a huge difference between even a blue background and one that is blacked out
3. Go to Chrome browser and change settings to night mode
4. Go to google maps and change settings to always in night mode
5. Disable notifications for your major apps. For example if you have youtube app and notifications are enabled, it will send a giant pic of a preview of the youtube video with a description to your lock screen. Disable whatever apps are sending bright light notifications.
6. Create Folders and move 5-6 app buckets into the folders instead of just having them out. This is a bit overkill and annoying but it will indeed reduce the light your phone emits.
If you use tip of finger and phone is in a holder, then it is no problem too. The guys that got in trouble were scrolling with the phone in their hand.