ODFL | Windshield reflections

I am sure you could if you used a headset. I have yet to see a head set give you visual directions for your next delivery though. As I stated already, if it is a company policy, then make the policy available to all employees so they know. And, hold management responsible when they violate this policy by calling these drivers on their personal phones.
Not long ago management sent out a mass text message to drivers. The text let them know of a road closure leading to the terminal. It was meant to help drivers and be aware to take the long way or alternate route. Well that sucked because I cannot read the text message while driving and I went right to the road closure which turned into a fubar moment.

OD does not have driver facing cameras
Yes we do but they are disabled. What we have is an inward facing camera that's disguised as an outward facing camera. They knew what they were doing by tilting the camera back from the windshield. When we had our meetings a few weeks ago they had a still shot from inside the cab at night. You could see the dash, cup holders, etc. The night drivers are irritated that it's not fair that day shift doesn't have the reflection like we do on nights. How can OD fix this and make it fair across the board? You guessed it they will at some point activate the inward camera. I don't care what day shift does and what the camera can or can't see in daylight. If I want to get away from the camera I'll bid on a day run. I'm hoping the nightshift guys will figure this out and stopped complaining. I've had a camera tractor since the end of April and I'm dealing with it.

Yes we do but they are disabled. What we have is an inward facing camera that's disguised as an outward facing camera. They knew what they were doing by tilting the camera back from the windshield. When we had our meetings a few weeks ago they had a still shot from inside the cab at night. You could see the dash, cup holders, etc. The night drivers are irritated that it's not fair that day shift doesn't have the reflection like we do on nights. How can OD fix this and make it fair across the board? You guessed it they will at some point activate the inward camera. I don't care what day shift does and what the camera can or can't see in daylight. If I want to get away from the camera I'll bid on a day run. I'm hoping the nightshift guys will figure this out and stopped complaining. I've had a camera tractor since the end of April and I'm dealing with it.
We have had inward facing cameras for years that were disabled, most ltl companies have

If you are puchasing cameras for the trucks that have inward facing cameras covered, they will be uncovered for the safety and health of the driver. of course. No problem, your truck, your liability, just remember there are unintended consequences that will arise . These extra cost of production will be offset by reduction in legal payouts for accidents. What is left of the family atmosphere will be totally gone and the beginning of the end will start. Many carriers have risen to the top only to fall or disappear based upon their executive choices.

We have had inward facing cameras for years that were disabled, most ltl companies have
Were your outward facing cameras angled back from the windshield or flush? I'm aware of what "most" ltl companies have or had. Lots of buddies that work for them all.

If you are puchasing cameras for the trucks that have inward facing cameras covered, they will be uncovered for the safety and health of the driver. of course. No problem, your truck, your liability, just remember there are unintended consequences that will arise . These extra cost of production will be offset by reduction in legal payouts for accidents. What is left of the family atmosphere will be totally gone and the beginning of the end will start. Many carriers have risen to the top only to fall or disappear based upon their executive choices.
Our family atmosphere is now that of a stepfather with a drinking problem and a short fuse

Were your outward facing cameras angled back from the windshield or flush? I'm aware of what "most" ltl companies have or had. Lots of buddies that work for them all.
Did not have outward facing camera, only inward facing, just stating the facts, I’m not crazy about the new cameras but I have enough sense not to hold phone in my hand, several drivers getting caught by police on bridges/ overpass holding phone

Did not have outward facing camera, only inward facing, just stating the facts, I’m not crazy about the new cameras but I have enough sense not to hold phone in my hand, several drivers getting caught by police on bridges/ overpass holding phone
We had three get fired at my terminal. I understand why a company would want an outward facing camera but inward is nothing more than a violation of my privacy.

And to talk to you and help keep you awake and alert in those wee hours. I am indebted to them forever.
Used to catch a bunch of base station guys on 17 up around Blountville, TN on I-81 around that 4-5 a.m. hour as recently as last year. Couple of them had big enough power that they'd bleed over onto 19 for several miles as I was passing through. I'd drop down and wave at them.

You're right, just the wake-up I often needed at that time. Probably kept me alive a few mornings.