ODFL | Windshield reflections

Get with the times people. It’s 2021, not 1990. These cameras are not here to spy on you, fire you or get everybody pissed off that management lied to you.

These cameras are there to cover your ass and the companies when you’re involved in a wreck. Now we have personal injury attorneys on every corner screaming about “I can get you paid if you’re in a wreck with a truck.”

So in turn, if a camera saves the company a million dollar law suit when it’s not the drivers fault, it’s worth it.

Do your job, and scroll the internet when you get home and you’ll be fine.

Get with the times people. It’s 2021, not 1990. These cameras are not here to spy on you, fire you or get everybody pissed off that management lied to you.

These cameras are there to cover your ass and the companies when you’re involved in a wreck. Now we have personal injury attorneys on every corner screaming about “I can get you paid if you’re in a wreck with a truck.”

So in turn, if a camera saves the company a million dollar law suit when it’s not the drivers fault, it’s worth it.

I concur

I wonder if the ones that have already been fired for "windshield reflections" share that same sentiment? I highly doubt it.

I wonder if the ones that have already been fired for "windshield reflections" share that same sentiment? I highly doubt it.
They should’ve known not to fool with their phones when the truck has a camera. But then again a lot of our drivers can barely spell their own name.

Just remember next time you’re getting into a truck with a camera,,, you’re here to work and make money not play with your phone

They should’ve known not to fool with their phones when the truck has a camera. But then again a lot of our drivers can barely spell their own name. Just remember next time you’re getting into a truck with a camera,,, you’re here to work and make money not play with your phone
Then wouldn’t you agree that the management at OD should inform all of it’s employees what the policy is and the discipline that follows by not following policy? Sounds to me like there are many that have never had a meeting on what company policy is. And others saying that OD had stated that this would never happen (cameras for discharge using phone). Some say they use their phones for maps, and others saying dispatch is calling them on their personal phones for pick ups. That sounds to me like management needs to change their practices as well as the only one’s suffering from this policy is the drivers trying to do their jobs.

Then wouldn’t you agree that the management at OD should inform all of it’s employees what the policy is and the discipline that follows by not following policy? Sounds to me like there are many that have never had a meeting on what company policy is. And others saying that OD had stated that this would never happen (cameras for discharge using phone). Some say they use their phones for maps, and others saying dispatch is calling them on their personal phones for pick ups. That sounds to me like management needs to change their practices as well as the only one’s suffering from this policy is the drivers trying to do their jobs.
Can't they answer the phone using their headset?

Well since you put it that way, here are the rest of my supposed freedoms too , What will you give up next for your company's financial benefit or better yet your government. Just remember when to turn out the heat on the boiling pot one degree at a time you won't notice til your cooked

Can't they answer the phone using their headset?
I am sure you could if you used a headset. I have yet to see a head set give you visual directions for your next delivery though. As I stated already, if it is a company policy, then make the policy available to all employees so they know. And, hold management responsible when they violate this policy by calling these drivers on their personal phones.

I am sure you could if you used a headset. I have yet to see a head set give you visual directions for your next delivery though. As I stated already, if it is a company policy, then make the policy available to all employees so they know. And, hold management responsible when they violate this policy by calling these drivers on their personal phones.
This policy has been in every single monthly safety memo packet drivers have signed off on for years. Handheld phone use is strictly against old dominion policy!! If you work here, you been required to sign off on it every month for many years that you accept this policy driver,,, just now they have an actual way to enforce it,,, sorry that just the way it gun be

Federal law= cannot hold cell phone

Federal law= cannot hold cell phone
True, but federal law does not require the employer to have driver facing cameras or to discharge employees because of windshield reflections. Other companies discipline their employees for cell phone use while driving, but not discharge on the first offense unless they were involved in an accident.

This policy has been in every single monthly safety memo packet drivers have signed off on for years. Handheld phone use is strictly against old dominion policy!! If you work here, you been required to sign off on it every month for many years that you accept this policy driver,,, just now they have an actual way to enforce it,,, sorry that just the way it gun be
I'm wondering if Billy uses his sale phone on his zero-turn while cuttin OD's grass?

True, but federal law does not require the employer to have driver facing cameras or to discharge employees because of windshield reflections. Other companies discipline their employees for cell phone use while driving, but not discharge on the first offense.
OD does not have driver facing cameras

True, but federal law does not require the employer to have driver facing cameras or to discharge employees because of windshield reflections. Other companies discipline their employees for cell phone use while driving, but not discharge on the first offense unless they were involved in an accident.
SOR, I think you're forgetting, these AT Will employers can change horses in the middle of the stream if they so desire.