TForce | Without 75%, why bother?

KGB 18

TB Veteran
Credits
If your terminal can not get at least 75% of the cards signed, then you will have a weak union. It takes a super majority to make a union strong. You may get by with 50% +1 but you will fail to gain the strength to bargain with UPS. Indy had 74% of cards signed and a good deal of you think there contract is sub-par. Think what your contract will be like with less than that united.:hissyfit:

If your terminal can not get at least 75% of the cards signed, then you will have a weak union. It takes a super majority to make a union strong. You may get by with 50% +1 but you will fail to gain the strength to bargain with UPS. Indy had 74% of cards signed and a good deal of you think there contract is sub-par. Think what your contract will be like with less than that united.:hissyfit:

Lets put it this way, if the term. votes in a 50+1, then I guess those people who did not want it are in for a ride, it will be others making the decisions for them then. Food for thought.

If your terminal can not get at least 75% of the cards signed, then you will have a weak union. It takes a super majority to make a union strong.

There are many different feelings and views for each individual. Additionally, some will be close to the middle and others at extreme ends. Therefore, all of that could change after the count and this issue cannot be painted with a broad brush. For example, you may have 90% of the people in favor verses 75% from before. Ultimately there is too many other things going on to deter people from signing those cards. As a result, do you want representation or do you want to remain with just this: At-will employment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A strong union is when the membership is well informed!:Rulz:

isn't it even more important to be all or none when dealing with the union, I am talking about one union terminal and one nonunion terminal, picket lines and intimidation, just like last time?

isn't it even more important to be all or none when dealing with the union, I am talking about one union terminal and one nonunion terminal, picket lines and intimidation, just like last time?
I don't think that UPS will intimidate you like O did. And picket lines? There's no need since they already have agreed to a card check. It's simple this time......just sign up and gain.

It's not an issue now. All anyone has to do is exercise their option.....sign a card or don't. There won't be any trouble either way.

what about non union employees crossing picket lines, I don't think it benefits anyone if we have a split company.

what about non union employees crossing picket lines, I don't think it benefits anyone if we have a split company.
What picket lines? Where are the picket lines gonna be? And why? The Contract is settled. If you are concerned about a split Company join the movement and be a part of the solution.

The last time was between 1999,and 2001.
Wow 6 years ago already,time goes by fast when we are having so much fun working for our companies,moving Americas goods from one side of this country to the other.

That is essentially like saying night will now be day in this case, it simply is'nt practical. Unless you are speaking of a terminal vs the company.

If the company is split and thre is a strike, the non union drivers will still have to travel across the picket lines of the union terminals.

If the company is split and thre is a strike, the non union drivers will still have to travel across the picket lines of the union terminals.

Trust me when I say first there will never be a strike. It's written into the contract. Besides in this day and age no one wins. Second, do you really think this company will be split? Maybe for a bit, but let Brown work there magic and presto!!! Union thinking employees.

Trust me when I say first there will never be a strike. It's written into the contract. Besides in this day and age no one wins. Second, do you really think this company will be split? Maybe for a bit, but let Brown work there magic and presto!!! Union thinking employees.

I thought Ronald Regan was DEAD ? Did he come back long enough To do Indy's contract

There are many different feelings and views for each individual. Additionally, some will be close to the middle and others at extreme ends. Therefore, all of that could change after the count and this issue cannot be painted with a broad brush. For example, you may have 90% of the people in favor verses 75% from before. Ultimately there is too many other things going on to deter people from signing those cards. As a result, do you want representation or do you want to remain with just this: At-will employment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A strong union is when the membership is well informed!:Rulz:

At-will employee.

yeap keep screwing the employees and watch the numbers grow.

If my terminal is nonunion no one will stop me from feeding my family. If we are union remember no more strike.
So either way I win. :hysterical:

What a power house the union will be with no more strikes.:hide:
Just look what they got for Indy. That's what we can look forward to with the new teamsters.