Yellow | Word on a major Layoff?

It's strange how just a few spots up makes alot of difference.Supposedly we have 8 leaving by the end of the year..I kinda hate to see them leave yet I can't wait either.I may need some mood medicine as that sounded very ""Bi-Polar""..
Maybe there's something in the Springfied water supply?

Being a dock hand I was wondering........ will 10 hour drive times = more drivers or more meet and turns and sleepers? DS.

Here at 120 we had alot of meets+turns before all of the recent changes. Will it help, yes to some degree in my opinion. Company has already shorten the run times on most of our trips. If the trucks would run a steady 62mph up hill and on flats the 10 rule wouldn't hurt us. I ask dispatch about the uses of sleepers from our barn. They said it wasn't cost effective using all start bids but would be if half on call + half on bids.

I was told today by ATM that 120 will be laying off 5 drivers this weekend and good chance more by following weekend. No numbers for the dock/yard.

I was told today by ATM that 120 will be laying off 5 drivers this weekend and good chance more by following weekend. No numbers for the dock/yard.
I heard it was going to be a voluntary 5 guys. What did boing boing say. I heard one of our stewards said boing said they were laying off 15% of our labor force.

Boing Boing said it would be voluntary lay-off, which would be good for the guys who just got called back. I don't want to see any teamster starve so this should help junior men.

I heard it was going to be a voluntary 5 guys. What did boing boing say. I heard one of our stewards said boing said they were laying off 15% of our labor force.

Oh yeah, I'm wondering if it was crap-sack (yard steward ) that you heard this from.For some unknown reason he likes to start rumors. Boing just told me maybe more lay-offs will occur if freight remains slow. He mention nothing of 15%, time will tell.

Indy (321) Lays off 8 Road Drivers

I got word today, that Indianapolis is laying off 8 Road drivers effective this coming Saturday 11-3-07.

Kcfan, here 5 / 6 otimers at 342 (KC) leaving B4 by first of the year, should help getting you out, shure hope it does. To bad it took the possibility of CSPF falling into the "RED ZONE" to get em to go. Well be safe. Mustache Retired Roadway:smilie_132:

Kcfan, here 5 / 6 otimers at 342 (KC) leaving B4 by first of the year, should help getting you out, shure hope it does. To bad it took the possibility of CSPF falling into the "RED ZONE" to get em to go. Well be safe. Mustache Retired Roadway:smilie_132:

At this point, who really cares! Let em work until they are 93 years old.