Yellow | Word on a major Layoff?

2 more laid off this weekend in P+D at 671. Still have dock workers and switchers driving P+D every day!!:chairshot: DS.

I thought greed wasn't an issue after you retire, guess not.....and it's only $1,112 stop trying to sneak an extra buck in there!!!!!!
Ok, before last raise i thought road pay was .544 cpm, then i think you got a raise of .0125 plus the ..544 = .5565 times 2000 mi. = $1113.00 at least thats the way i figured it! Mustache Retired Roadway:smilie_132:

roadway

371 i think there is something for sure happing either dhl is buying just roadway or we are merging with yellow there doing to many updates to the 371 terminal for something not to be happening

371 i think there is something for sure happing either dhl is buying just roadway or we are merging with yellow there doing to many updates to the 371 terminal for something not to be happening

off topic, but i hear that yellow is taking 20 doors

You would paint and fix all the problems with your house before you sold it wouldn't you????

I was in truckload when the whole Yellow buying RoadWay deal went down and thought at the time that was strange,as I thought RoadWay was a bigger fish in the pond.I still think that Yellow may sell off RoadWay after the contracts are over and probably make a nice profit on the whole deal.It just stands to reason that both are so big that combining them does not help either one grow in a way that all money spent could be recouped.Just seems it would have been cheaper to try and drive each other out of biz, than to spend so much money and not seek a return on that.

I was in truckload when the whole Yellow buying RoadWay deal went down and thought at the time that was strange,as I thought RoadWay was a bigger fish in the pond.I still think that Yellow may sell off RoadWay after the contracts are over and probably make a nice profit on the whole deal.It just stands to reason that both are so big that combining them does not help either one grow in a way that all money spent could be recouped.Just seems it would have been cheaper to try and drive each other out of biz, than to spend so much money and not seek a return on that.

You are getting the gist of it. This way Yellow is making sure to get the customers (which they have), and make sure to show Rdwy as a loser to close us out.

Remember Preston 151??!!

You are getting the gist of it. This way Yellow is making sure to get the customers (which they have), and make sure to show Rdwy as a loser to close us out.

Remember Preston 151??!!
There is a name I haven't heard in awhile.Didn't Yellow buy them to open up the eastern coridor for them ??

Remember Preston 151??!!

You've got it all figured out huh. So, Yellow bought Rdwy to steal their assets and customers only to shut them down once their evil plan is complete. I would assume since you know this as fact and not some ignorant rumor posted on a message board that you have been seeking employment elsewhere. Why would you want to stay with Rdwy if the doors are going to be shut soon as Yellow takes over the world.:1036316054:

Remember Preston 151??!!

Get real, there could never be one Carrier to replace Yellow / Roadway. To many customers eather dislike Yellow or Roadway, You close one down and the competition eat's em up. If they shut one down there would be Pension Liability to pay! Yellow diden't spend One Billion $$$$$$$$ just for Realestate! Just my opinion. Mustache Retired Roadway:smilie_132:

You've got it all figured out huh. So, Yellow bought Rdwy to steal their assets and customers only to shut them down once their evil plan is complete. I would assume since you know this as fact and not some ignorant rumor posted on a message board that you have been seeking employment elsewhere. Why would you want to stay with Rdwy if the doors are going to be shut soon as Yellow takes over the world.:1036316054:

There is nothing more than I want than to stay and get a retirement at Roadway!! Having already lost "a job for life" a few years ago, I may be a little jaded and skepitcal. I know nothing of a "master plan", just gut and a little paranoia. :hide:

Why I stay here? Simple; pay and benefits. Period. Am I watching what is going on elsewhere regarding other companies? You bet.

YRCW the r is for ROadway and the Y is for yellow they own both company's and more
Yellow trucking is part of Yrcw Just LIke roadway is part of Yrcw with yrcw becoming the holding company it was like yellow got bought out also we are in the same boat. and that boat might be yellow with blue orange stipes and as the formost influence on modern music sang "we all Live in a Yellow submarine"(Beatles dude)

No layoff this week at 671, (so far). We still have 32 in layoff on the dock, with 6-8 laid off off in switching and several, don't know the number, laid off off in P+D. Good news is that there are no linehaul drivers laid off!!:1036316054: Still have plenty of OT in all classifications for those that "have to have it". DS.