Estes | working for knuckleheads

imported_birddog

TB Lurker
Credits
We were told Thursday last week that we would go out New Year's day then Friday night we were told that Richmond told our terminal we would not go out until Wednesday night. Saturday morning I asked again to make sure about this and was told Wednesday. Well I get a call New Year's eve and they changed their mind again and want us to go out New Year's day. You would think that a nation wide company would have their act together more than this. I guess after 12 years I should have known better. We have the blind leading the blind and I don't know how we are even staying afloat with the morons in Richmond running this place in the ground. Anyway ya'll have a safe New Year's.:smilie_132:

I know what you mean, we were told to call in New Years eve night to see what we were going to run on New Years day. Would have been nice to have had Tuesday off but oh well!!!!

i'm glad we are workin tonight hell we only get 1 day pay so at least won't loose money. and i work with knuckleheads

They wanted to keep you off the road last night due to the people bringing in the new year. I guess they do not feel some of the drivers are professional enough to handle a holiday behind the wheel. I agree with this due to the lowering of our hiring practices and seeing some of our drivers that I personally would not get on the road with. Everyone have a great new year and be safe.

Top quality from Richmond as always.. I saw guys out running today and I couldn't believe it. I'm trying to figure out why, whatever freight they are running isn't already sitting at the destination terminal and why these men and women aren't sitting at home enjoying the holiday with their families? Another fantastic thing about it all as far as I can figure, is that some of the guys on the dock got 4 days off and some only got 3. How's that work? :nutkick: Well anyway, hope everyone had a good New Years, even if you had to run or work the dock today.

I work for REX and on mon you guyz were hitting the streets hard picking up frt. In my peddle area saw 4 Estes picking up frt while I was the only one for rex and customers were trying to load out everything cause of the end of month.

unexpected frt picked up could have changed when they got guyz out or not.

I work for REX and on mon you guyz were hitting the streets hard picking up frt. In my peddle area saw 4 Estes picking up frt while I was the only one for rex and customers were trying to load out everything cause of the end of month.

unexpected frt picked up could have changed when they got guyz out or not.

I know they had sign ups posted for guys to work on Monday if they wanted, and I think some of the office personnel worked half shifts to bill what was picked up. Thanks for the info louiey :1036316054:

being busy right now is not a bad thing

I wouldn't call us busy busy, but steady. With a lot of people off for the holiday's and having also used their vacation the past 2 weeks, we've been fairly short on the manpower. I'm guessing we'll have to gauge the actual current freight levels after next week. How is everyone else holding up?

when i was told no work till wednesday, i checked my caller id before answering and had someone else check the answer machine. as long as i didn't hear a message, i can't lie about not knowing. when i'm told i'm off, i'm off, the can screw themselves thinking i would come in on football day after being told we're not working.

when i was told no work till wednesday, i checked my caller id before answering and had someone else check the answer machine. as long as i didn't hear a message, i can't lie about not knowing. when i'm told i'm off, i'm off, the can screw themselves thinking i would come in on football day after being told we're not working.

Heck I just unpluged the phones until Wed. morning.

You guys didn't want to give up your Jan 1st to haul 400#'s and an empty tail, then pull an empty set back home? I overheard some linehaul guys talking about their trips that evening. Unplugging the phone sounds like itd have been in everyones interest.

boy you guys showed them

Yeah I guess that drivers that where told to come in then found out there was nothing to pull had to turn around and go home with no pay ( which is illegal ) showed them. You figure the time it takes to get ready, the gas and time to go into work I am sure the 1/2 to 1 hour it takes to figure out there is nothing to do, then the gas and time it takes to go back home. Heck it took me less than 5 seconds to unplug the phone and enjoy the holidays with the family.

So yes thebeerboy I did show them, that is my family that they are the ones who I put above all else. Compared to other employees who do a lousy job and wreck all the time or run tractors out of oil etc. etc. etc. then in turn are not even written up here at E I already give too much to this company. I am thinking of giving less due to no reward for going above and beyond, and less then mediocore ( I do not care if I spell it wrong ) employees get treated equal or better depending on how much :butt kiss: they do.

Yeah I guess that drivers that where told to come in then found out there was nothing to pull had to turn around and go home with no pay ( which is illegal ) showed them. You figure the time it takes to get ready, the gas and time to go into work I am sure the 1/2 to 1 hour it takes to figure out there is nothing to do, then the gas and time it takes to go back home. Heck it took me less than 5 seconds to unplug the phone and enjoy the holidays with the family.

So yes thebeerboy I did show them, that is my family that they are the ones who I put above all else. Compared to other employees who do a lousy job and wreck all the time or run tractors out of oil etc. etc. etc. then in turn are not even written up here at E I already give too much to this company. I am thinking of giving less due to no reward for going above and beyond, and less then mediocore ( I do not care if I spell it wrong ) employees get treated equal or better depending on how much :butt kiss: they do.

Hey Turned, what do you expect from a guy whos' avatar says he would rather be choking his chicken?:loser: Elvis out....

Something funny about wanting to choke your chicken while being given the old shaft in the backside at the same time.

who's the knuckleheads now . i get called a a$$ kiss. i bet you wouldn't say that to my face turned. i'll be back on the extra board real soon so anyone can meet me that wants to. what i will say the guys that "show" the company also ***** to high heaven. i met a good truckingboards reader last night in our springfeild term . and those jobs elvis is offerin' watch out they come with provisions. you won't find out the details till it's too late:Die:elvis please dont flame on this board. the chicken pic is funny i'll change it to somethin else funny