Estes | Wow!!

ChrisJones

TB Lurker
Credits
well big changes are a commin'. in the long run i hope these changes will make us a better company. still in a little shock, and i haven't got all the details yet. only time will tell but i am hopfull for the future :D

well big changes are a commin'. in the long run i hope these changes will make us a better company. still in a little shock, and i haven't got all the details yet. only time will tell but i am hopfull for the future :D
Let me be very blunt with ya Chris,at this point in time with all the bullshit going on at Estes on both coasts and all points in between i dont think anyone is in the mood to have their frekin chain jerked so either give us this earth shattering news you have or stay the fu#* off these boards.Savie

we have heard of the meetings give us some incite anyways it will be on the boards soon. I really hope it is good cuz how bad could bad get

I've heard major layoffs,early rebids and no system drivers in EWest

My guess is anothers drivers rumor. Starting out with "WOW" will garuntee a "high link" hit, to get a word of mouth goin'. If it's about a buy-out, We've heard this b/4. Just speculating,but how do we know Estes has not already been bought out. Has anyone even thought about what Mr. Estes will do when he decides to kick back and take life easy? As a matter of fact I heard changes were going to be made after January 2006, NOTHING MAJOR HAS HAPPENED YET!! Furthermore; if anyone had TRULEY BIG NEWS I dont think they would give it to someone who had a 1st and last name on "truckingboards", and I really dont think that person would be dumb enough to post it with that kind of credibility with the company. I didnt mean to rain on your parade ChrisJones, just voicing my opinions. We all may need to calm down before it gets CrAzY! It is fun to get on here and spout off what we think and hear though aint it?!

My guess is anothers drivers rumor. Starting out with "WOW" will garuntee a "high link" hit, to get a word of mouth goin'. If it's about a buy-out, We've heard this b/4. Just speculating,but how do we know Estes has not already been bought out. Has anyone even thought about what Mr. Estes will do when he decides to kick back and take life easy? As a matter of fact I heard changes were going to be made after January 2006, NOTHING MAJOR HAS HAPPENED YET!! Furthermore; if anyone had TRULEY BIG NEWS I dont think they would give it to someone who had a 1st and last name on "truckingboards", and I really dont think that person would be dumb enough to post it with that kind of credibility with the company. I didnt mean to rain on your parade ChrisJones, just voicing my opinions. We all may need to calm down before it gets CrAzY! It is fun to get on here and spout off what we think and hear though aint it?!
Well listen here CJ is correct and he was one of the ones to lose his bid hopefully he has enough strap to capture a good run when they rebid. Also they have let many drivers go RIFFED. It is a sad day for workers in the WEST. So remember that there is many true statements as there is comments and speculation here on the boards. So you guys in the East watch out it may be your turn next

I've heard major layoffs,early rebids and no system drivers in EWest
I just hope you guys get some market share so you can stop these actions. A first to many changes to come good luck. Hats off to upper management for rebidding and letting senior drivers prevail:1036316054: :1036316054: :1036316054: :1036316054:

Hey Jim how did you boys fair in Idaho. It's just unbelievable how much change there is. Let us know whats up. I heard colo hit hard bummer.

I just hope you guys get some market share so you can stop these actions. A first to many changes to come good luck. Hats off to upper management for rebidding and letting senior drivers prevail:1036316054: :1036316054: :1036316054: :1036316054:

I think I'll reserve any praise for this co. until I see what kind of bid runs they actually post come Aug. 31. What I'm hearing is there may only be 5 or 6 bids in the bigger terminals and everybody else will be extra board. maybe some of the east guys can chime in here and let us know how this co. has traditionally set up runs.

Revenue down. Cost up. Higher freight rates. Poor morale. Losing accounts. Losing key people. The cost of doing business in the west. Not good. Had to do something. Can't haul empties around forever. Cut runs. Reduce force. Now what? Concentrate on the 3 and 4 day lanes and give up on the regional? I don't know. I'm just asking. I must say I'm very surprised they didn't just cut the runs they didn't like and put those drivers on bottom of extra board. Like they have historically done. They actually did something even Elvis is happy about. They are laying off by senority and allowing rebids to take place. The senior most drivers will land the bids that are kept. Everyone else on extra board. This sucks if you are low in senority. But it is the only fair way to bid a board. I have to give credit where credit is due. If management keeps on making decisions that they deem healthy for the viability of the company, and keep the senior employees in mind when they make hard choices, then I think it's a good thing. It's not a good thing if you just lost your job of course. But there is a right way of doing things and there is a wrong way. I will continue to point out the good things as they come along. So don't let me down. I have a lot of good friends still working here. But I admit I remain cynical with your intentions for the furure. So prove me wrong. I will be quietly watching. Elvis out.......

I think I'll reserve any praise for this co. until I see what kind of bid runs they actually post come Aug. 31. What I'm hearing is there may only be 5 or 6 bids in the bigger terminals and everybody else will be extra board. maybe some of the east guys can chime in here and let us know how this co. has traditionally set up runs.
Rightttt the quiet before the storm. Good luck E.W.:chairshot: :butt kiss: :funky: :hide:

But if they only keep a half dozen or so ::shit:: bids does the senior guy bid on a ::shit:: run or take an extra board position only to be ::shit:: upon by some dispatcher or tm who caters to the suckasses

But if they only keep a half dozen or so ::shit:: bids does the senior guy bid on a ::shit:: run or take an extra board position only to be ::shit:: upon by some dispatcher or tm who caters to the suckasses

Excellent question. And your point is well taken. I guess you just have to wait and see what they come up with in the way of runs. I remember JR. and Wayne Y. standing there in Pomona Ca. sweating prefusely. Trying to sell there cut and slash linehaul pay structure to a bunch of pissed off G.I. drivers. I remember JR. saying delay pay? Whats that? We don't pay delay pay. You will never be delayed. So it won't be an issue. :toxic: I remember him saying we are going to have so much freight you will be begging for time off. Oh well, I guess I'm grinding salt in the wounds. Maybe it will turn around. P.S. If anyone is still in favor of life time bids, all I have to say is HERE'S YOUR SIGN!:poster_stupid:

Well listen here CJ is correct and he was one of the ones to lose his bid hopefully he has enough strap to capture a good run when they rebid. Also they have let many drivers go RIFFED. It is a sad day for workers in the WEST. So remember that there is many true statements as there is comments and speculation here on the boards. So you guys in the East watch out it may be your turn next

Wouldnt suprise me in the least.

Very reason people left it will always be there game not yours. Until they change there is no in between, why not come to the middle on ideas and just do what needs to be, take care of freight