Estes | Wow!

localboy2

TB Lurker
Credits
Didn't expect this so soon, but today I had to sit at home because of low freight at 024..( I run p&d). Talked to the p&d manager and he said that our bill count is real low and things look grim until Feb. I am full time by the way..I'm not too pissed coz I picked up extra hours (yesterday),but he couldn't promise that I'd get regular hours. " Just take it day to day" he said. He offered to get me short line-haul runs if they are available.
Anybody else's terminals slow too?? Talked to Conway guys and their busy and hiring.
Supposedly next week we're gonna have "State of the Company" meetings where we watch a video of Rob. Terminal manager said it's not all gloom and doom but nobody was smiling(this was at the benefits meeting today).
Oh well, will wait and see but I'm already looking at other options just in case.:(

Believe at 028 there are still temp drivers around for p+d work. It must be much harder to find p+d at 028. I wouldn't want to do it.

YA...Pretty upset we didn't get a good show of faith by getting something back this year...No cost of living adjustments......personal days, 2 holidays, and 401k match still gone:cuss: I think we all busted ass this year and put up with alot!!!! Atleast we are doing "fair?":duh:

YA...Pretty upset we didn't get a good show of faith by getting something back this year...No cost of living adjustments......personal days, 2 holidays, and 401k match still gone:cuss: I think we all busted ass this year and put up with alot!!!! Atleast we are doing "fair?":duh:
We were told we got unlimited personal days. We just don't get paid for them. Lol
I did hear we are getting those vacation days next year.

Stayed out all last weekend + got back to yard Monday morning out of hours. It's Thursday morning and I'm still here. Those rebid/ schedule runs are looking better all the time. That's too bad cause some other lower seniority driver who likes being home will probably be forced onto extraboard after I bid his run. This has got to be happening elsewhere too.

Stayed out all last weekend + got back to yard Monday morning out of hours. It's Thursday morning and I'm still here. Those rebid/ schedule runs are looking better all the time. That's too bad cause some other lower seniority driver who likes being home will probably be forced onto extraboard after I bid his run. This has got to be happening elsewhere too.
Yep! That time of the year already. We seemed to be swamped just a couple weeks ago. I'm looking out for number 1 this year. I'll file bankruptcy and beg and plead to keep my house, switch to gubm't health and stay intoxicated by the fireplace all winter long. I may go back to work sometime in April or May. Ya'all keep me posted on how the working part of the country is getting along.

Yep! That time of the year already. We seemed to be swamped just a couple weeks ago. I'm looking out for number 1 this year. I'll file bankruptcy and beg and plead to keep my house, switch to gubm't health and stay intoxicated by the fireplace all winter long. I may go back to work sometime in April or May. Ya'all keep me posted on how the working part of the country is getting along.

I hope its not as bad as Dec 08 when that first in first out crap started , I nearly got wiped out. We'll see how it holds up this year.

You don't have to beg to stay in your house..... just ask FREDDY MAC for some of it's money..... cut your motgage in half...... government can print up as much money as you need, just say the word as to how much. lol

Yup....I have noticed freight being a little down the last 2 weeks or so....thats ok...I will take 48-50 hours a week vs 55-60....need the time to sit and chill out from the busy season!!!:guiness:

We were slow earlier in the week, but Thursday and Friday picked up.

Yep. Slammed with freight again. Falling off the docks. Maybe everyone is tired of pinching pennies or they like the way the elections went.

Exactly. I finally got out Thursday nite and still going. Sometimes this freight is like ridin a roller coaster. Weekends kinda suck but I guess that's when the extra freight is moving.

just an update; I start extra board linehaul tomorrow. Things got so slow that the TM called us bottom guys in to propose throwing us on utility..but I had the jump on him had already signed up for it(xtra). I didn't mind P&D but it seemed the bs was starting to pile up..like guys getting written up for nothing basically. One guy was written up 3 times in one week and one morning just upped and left. Plus it seemed each morning I was spending an hr trying to find a tractor. l dont mind being out all week if I have to so I'm looking forward to it.

i know this is an old post...
but this has been the slowest week ever for me, i'll be lucky if i finish the week with 1200 miles; then again this is expected at this time of year

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYBODY AT ESTES!:dance:

but this has been the slowest week ever for me, i'll be lucky if i finish the week with 1200 miles; then again this is expected at this time of year

5 weeks (paydays) this month. Think of it as a small bonus check.

Feel fortunate,my freind..There are a lot of drivers that have had several weeks in a row,like that...

Happy New Year everyone....For those working tonight..Be careful..The wine will be flowing,even tonight...