TForce | WTF! Tell-A-Matics

Dang..UPS is turning drivers into robots..And not to mention those unannounced observations..Is your seatbelt on,did you use 3 point contact when you entered/exited the vehicle,did you have safety vest on,when you entered ship/rec did you use handrails when climbing stairs(if any)..And for Truckload..Did you use your cones when backing at a truckstop or customer location..Oh yeah,T/L is required to have 4 cones in their trucks..

Once it gets embedded in our heads...it will become second nature. I do all those without even thinking about it, except wearing my safety vest into a customer. I hate being mistaken for the dumpster collector or construction worker. I want to be noticed as the Barnum and Bailey of the LTL world. lol I even SMITH system drive off the clock.

I'm sure they are already testing this out in freight. Remember their all about safety until it costs them money.
It's UPS' way to over supervise and harass. Just ask any package car driver. It's not about improving productivity in most cases, just plain and simple harassment. They are constantly sending messages to drivers wanted to knoe why it took them 5 min to deliver a single package. Wanted to know why the backed up, etc.... Be prepared to be question why you stoped for 8 min on your run. And if it was to go to bath room, you better clock out because we no longer have that luxury. They will consider it stealing time. The job is tough enough with out feeling like you cannot stop for a min to stretch your legs without getting dragged into the office to be raked over the coals. Welcome to the new era. If you got the time in, run for the door. I'm counting down the days myself. At 55 I'm outta there. I'm gonna take my $2900 a month and leave. UPS is harassing and writing drivers up in our area for the silliest of things. Aren't y'all glad to be a part of big brown?

Once it gets embedded in our heads...it will become second nature. I do all those without even thinking about it, except wearing my safety vest into a customer. I hate being mistaken for the dumpster collector or construction worker. I want to be noticed as the Barnum and Bailey of the LTL world. lol I even SMITH system drive off the clock.
Brother, I've always been one to pride myself on following the methods. But that isn't enough for Uncle Buster. They have unfair production standard you cannot meet and will harass you daily because you don't meet the. They preach safety on one hand but want you to work at an unsafe pace on another. You call your loads out 30 min after you start and then wanna know why your leaving late??? Le's see. I gotta find my tractor, install my equipment, pre-trip, find my trailer, hook up and pretrip. Make my way to the phone and 9 times outta 10 wait in line, then call them out in wich they want all that done in 17 min.

This whole thing is in it's infancy at UPSF, management is having a ball watching us via the GPS Tattletale-a-matics. Usually the ones who question you are the ones that have no clue what it's like to peddle freight.
If I was in management, I would mess around and be all nosey with the drivers also, just to see what they were up to, it's human nature to want to know.

As long as you're legit and your DIAD matches what the eye in the sky is reporting than you will have no issues.
There are cases where DIADS go down and management knows discrepancies will appear.
Send them detailed DIAD messages if you will be delayed, delay yourself on the DIAD with the appropriate delay, create a DIAD paper trail...CYA.

I've forgotten to enroute or arrive myself at a few stops, I just let them know on the DIAD. There is a time threshold they use before they start getting suspicious.

this snitch-a-matic crap sounds like the recipe for harrassment and a hostile work enviorment.this type of big brother garbage has to be fought. if the union wont do it than the labor board. i mean really? we are truck drivers..out in the trenches dealing with a constant changing enviorment and situations. WE deal with it adapt and get the freight pumping.we deal with a-holes on the road all day long...now we gota sweat some worm sitting behind a computer watching our every move not even knowing what is going on around us? screw that nonsense! these managment slugs need to belt their ass in and ride shotgun for a couple of weeks and see WTF its like( and lump a few sunsetters and treadmills too). i dont know how much good it will do but the second these snitch meters hit my barn i will greive this.hey ups..ditch the snitch machines..invest in lie detectors and wire up all your TMS and OPS goons and see how many light bulbs you can light up..thanks for this forum so i can vent...lunchmeat out!

Telematics is awesome. All our slackers shaped up. We're slowly starting to become more efficient.
The bottom line is if your not doing anything wrong there's really nothing to be worried about.
Run into an issue on the road than send them a DIAD message and CYA. Create a paper trail.

I can see our competition doing the same thing sometime down the road.
On a side note: Sysco is installing camera's.

we have the new system in our Tractors (Ivas was replaced about a year ago) this system is not to be messed with ( i know first hand) It refreshes your location every 2min, tells, RPM,Speed, Location, Idle Time, i'm assuming but not sure on the seat belt.
If you do your job you will never have to worry about it. As of today we do nt have a sims card in the system (phone calls) but that is in the works to come at a later date, right now we can only text.

Side not..I also understand you guys are going to our color scheme (on tractors) and uniforms color there goal from what i understand is to make us all one company, whick hopefully will put an end to the shiny wheels

we have the new system in our Tractors (Ivas was replaced about a year ago) this system is not to be messed with ( i know first hand) It refreshes your location every 2min, tells, RPM,Speed, Location, Idle Time, i'm assuming but not sure on the seat belt.
If you do your job you will never have to worry about it. As of today we do nt have a sims card in the system (phone calls) but that is in the works to come at a later date, right now we can only text.

Side not..I also understand you guys are going to our color scheme (on tractors) and uniforms color there goal from what i understand is to make us all one company, whick hopefully will put an end to the shiny wheels

Wired seat belts have been rolling out slowly. It's not a big thing. I've actually found myself starting my truck before I "Click It".
Some drivers can easily adapt to change while others need constant reminders to buckle up...soon it will be become a habit.
It's all about safety, awareness, efficiency and honesty.

I'm hoping one day they get rid of all that "Overnite/Motor Cargo" branded garbage. It gets old looking like Barnum and Bailey polluting the world with pieces and chunks of rusted metal.

Anyone think we are internal camera bound?

How can they possibly put cameras on the drivers? That just is not right. And dont give me the crap about "If youre not doing anything youre not supposed to be doing you have no reason to worry" because thats bull. Putting a camera in the driver is way over the line.

How can they possibly put cameras on the drivers? That just is not right. And dont give me the crap about "If youre not doing anything youre not supposed to be doing you have no reason to worry" because thats bull. Putting a camera in the driver is way over the line.
You won't get that from me on this one. I think that's crossing the line too and it kinds of upsets me knowing they exist.

I know of a company that has them. It's installed facing the driver and one facing the road. It goes on for .30 seconds after a certain "G" force has been met. I think the force is what an accident would give. I'm not sure if they can turn them on via GPS.

"It's all about safety, awareness, efficiency and honesty."

Non-sense, it's all about eventually replacing you with robots. Some states already permit driverless cars. Some countries already use driverless trucks.

Non-sense, it's all about eventually replacing you with robots. Some states already permit driverless cars. Some countries already use driverless trucks.

I think your tin foil hat might be on a little too tight.

Google Maps uses robotic cars.

What,driverless,might work for line haul,but are there going to be robots for city?
I know a lot of city peddles have freight that isn't just going to jump off the route trailers and deliver its-self.
-
DRIVERLESS whoever heard of such a thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
What,driverless,might work for line haul,but are there going to be robots for city?
I know a lot of city peddles have freight that isn't just going to jump off the route trailers and deliver its-self.
-
DRIVERLESS whoever heard of such a thing?

Driverless linehaul runs ran by a robot is atleast 100 years off. And I still dont think it is something that would ever actually be implemented.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's funny that you would say that it's 100 years away and probably will never happen. While you quote a posts that shows a video of it clearly working. I realize people toss around tin foil hat to make themselves look cool, but please don't try and insult me. It's clearly right in front of you, you just choose not to accept it. There is nothing these companies want more than cutting out labor. When it's time to negotiate the company always crys about profit, but have no problem finding the money to add expensive equipment to the truck which will eventually eliminate at the least line haul and switches.

News - SupplyChain Review

It's funny that you would say that it's 100 years away and probably will never happen. While you quote a posts that shows a video of it clearly working. I realize people toss around tin foil hat to make themselves look cool, but please don't try and insult me. It's clearly right in front of you, you just choose not to accept it. There is nothing these companies want more than cutting out labor. When it's time to negotiate the company always crys about profit, but have no problem finding the money to add expensive equipment to the truck which will eventually eliminate at the least line haul and switches.

News - SupplyChain Review

Yeah its there in the developmental stage. Wow. There are alot of things being developed that havent been implemented and probably never will. Theres no way semis will be driving themselves anywhere in the near future on our public roads. I have yet to see a single one, and you are making it sound like soon they will all be this way.